• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2006 Lotus Exige Cup 240 nominated by KinLM

Lotus%20Exige%20Cup%20240%20Sports%20Car.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2006
Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 110 ci/1,796 cc supercharged inline 4 (rated 240 [243?] HP & 174 lb-ft)
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Layout: Mid-engine, rear-drive​

Last edited:
Cool. Elise's are generally cool. I had a poster of a red one in my room as a kid. I always swore I would have one someday. Was a car I looked up to when I was young.

Last edited:
Would certainly catch my attention if one drove by. Not really any negatives, other than the fact that it's not too easy on the eyes. Even then, you kinda get used to it when you see the car a lot in video games.

COOL

I want you to think about the sort of person who is likely to buy the ultra lightweight special trackday version of a Lotus Exige. They are not a cool person. They dress rather a lot like me, think rather a lot like me, and make rather a lot more money than me.

Seriously uncool.

Then i dont get why it cant be driven to the track?

The Cup version (being voted on here) is not road legal in the US according to everything I've read about the car.

The regular Exige is perfectly legal.

Track day specials can never get more or less than cool from me. It's like buying a BMX for a trick competition, then riding it up hills and mountains to get it there. Or buying a Stunt plane to fly across the pacific, do some loopty loops then fly home.

This Lotus looks great, I'm willing to bet it's very good on the track and i guarantee it's a fair bit dearer than the original. It's without a doubt a cool car.

However, I wonder why people like this borderline hardcore approach so much. They could easily ship their plane to faraway events. Or they could get a bike thats only a little worse at wheelies with a comfier seat and a gearing system. It's a completely pointless car, but I give huge props to anyone who buys one of these over a regular Exige. Not because they are insane and should have bought a 747, but because a few tenths at the track matters more to them than they're own comfort and wallet. It's dedication to a level that most of us will never quite understand and its own kind of cool.

Cool because it's a car which can keep up with cars which cost twice, three times, four times, even five times more. It may not be perfect for the road but it shows that adding lightness to a car can have amazing results.

Cool from me, nearly SZ though. I love the look and profile of these things, though purely based on GT and Forza, I find short wheelbase mid-engined cars a bit of a handful to drive, not really enjoyable, but appreciate the real deal could feel quite different. Loving the newer V6 version too which puts out 350hp, also has a longer profile though not sure of the exact figures. Hope it makes it into GT6.

Incredibly impractical, hard to see out of, very stiff ride, questionable build quality, and it's got a few too many spoilers on its spoilers.

But, it goes like the clappers, and it looks really cool. You won't look cool getting out of one, but you'll definitely be driving a very cool car when you're in it. And these things do turn a lot of heads.

Sub-Zero.

Now that is a proper Lotus. Stripped out, meaning very light and performs well when you take it to a track. They've stuck to the Lotus philophy and that for me amkes it cool.

It's a track car, and it doesn't even try to pretend it's anything but, and I love it for that. Not to mention it looks dead sexy in white.

Sub zero.

Track day specials can never get more or less than cool from me. It's like buying a BMX for a trick competition, then riding it up hills and mountains to get it there. Or buying a Stunt plane to fly across the pacific, do some loopty loops then fly home.

This Lotus looks great, I'm willing to bet it's very good on the track and i guarantee it's a fair bit dearer than the original. It's without a doubt a cool car.

However, I wonder why people like this borderline hardcore approach so much. They could easily ship their plane to faraway events. Or they could get a bike thats only a little worse at wheelies with a comfier seat and a gearing system. It's a completely pointless car, but I give huge props to anyone who buys one of these over a regular Exige. Not because they are insane and should have bought a 747, but because a few tenths at the track matters more to them than they're own comfort and wallet. It's dedication to a level that most of us will never quite understand and its own kind of cool.

I completely agree with this post. I'll give this car a cool.

I think it's cool because it's a Lotus and it's more track focused which makes it a little bit cooler but, I personally think it look a bit bland.

Latest Posts

Back