• 33 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
club229.gif

Have YOU totally completed Gran Turismo by the minimum possible 229 game days? That's:
All licences passed (preferably gold, but hey)
All GT Mode races/series completed first time
All Arcade Mode races completed
All Time Attack/Trials completed

Then post a screenshot - digital camera, or suchlike - and you too can join "Club 229".

Current members:
Famine (20th September 2002;
All-gold)
RoadHazzard (November 2002;
All-gold on second attempt)
BadBatsuMaru
Solid Lifters (4th December 2003;
All-gold on second attempt)
Tazio (22nd December 2003;
All-gold)

Last edited:
Since GT4 will be delayed until April 23, 2004, I guess I've got enough time to give it a shot.

First, I must complete my current game. I need the last Rally License test for 100% gold, the fourth time, and finish the Tokyo Endurance, my favorite enduro, and the F1 GT Race Series and I will be done for the third 100% complete game.

I'm working on this now. I don't have a camera or anything so I can't provide proof when I do it. I'll just have to be happy knowing myself that I did it.

Right now I'm only at about 31%.

I had a few scares along the way though. For example, I was entered in the American Championship series. I won a few races & saved in the middle of the series. But, I was running an inferior car compared to the AI so that I could make it interesting. I got to a race that I couldn't win with that car. I just figured that I could reload, tune my car, & start over. But then I realized that I couldn't reload because I saved in the middle of the series! I thought I would have to start all over because if I exited out of the series, I wouldn't get 100% until day 230. I had to work my ass off, nail every corner perfectly & get a little lucky to win that race. But I got it. Now I know better than to save in the middle of a series.

I'm currently in progress for day 229. I'm at day 59.

I got my S License from the start, getting all golds in A License for the Mazda RX-8 prize car.

I sold it, and used the 75,000 + 18,000 credits to buy the Dodge Viper GTS. I used it first in the PD Cup race to win the F094/S.

I then used the F094/S to complete the Arcade Mode races. The Time Trials have yet to be completed.

I plan to blaze through the game, not exactly full enjoyment of GT3, but I'm currently going for 100% with GT2, and I'm trying to find enough time to play other PS2 games also.

i dont think i ever want to try getting golds for super license, nor do i want to race the f1 race...
maybe if i didnt have a life then i would try it

Originally posted by 1mic
i dont think i ever want to try getting golds for super license, nor do i want to race the f1 race...
maybe if i didnt have a life then i would try it

So instead, you bought a game you don't want to play. Nice.

You don't HAVE to get all-gold licences to join Club 229 - there's a whole different club for that kind of thing. I just find it nice that there isn't a single part of the game I haven't beaten totally and utterly when I reach the 100% mark. :D

I would try it, but I only have 1 card and don't want to ease my current game.

Originally posted by live4speed
I would try it, but I only have 1 card and don't want to ease my current game.

Same with me...:(
I'm at day 709 now!
Just tuning and making fun!!!:D

I want to say that I'm very close to completing this because I'm at about 77% on day 196 with gold on all the licenses.

But, the remaining races are all the longest series on the game! I have 7 enduro races, the F1 series, all the GT World Championship series, the JGTC series, AND the Gran Tourismo All-Stars series along with a few other short ones! :banghead:

The hard parts, the licenses & time trials, are all done. I will be a member of Club 229, but it's going to be a while.

id like to see a ss of someone in "club 229" i remembered when i did this, you save after ever race, and if you loose you just restart the ps2 and pretend it never happened :lol:

the game was given to me, i dont have time for lame endurance races, when u can get the car by sharking it.
cs is more fun once ur tired of gt3, i still love gt3 not to play it untill i get sleepy just racing the whole damn time

That's nice. Now quit cluttering up a thread you have no intention of taking an active part in.

I WILL be in this damned club. I got to 100% at like day 300 last time..I'll get it at 229 this time around, though. Give me..say..3 weeks. I'll post a screenshot. :)

Uh, wow. I really..really underestimated this. I think I can MAYBE do it..I'll keep at it, hopefully it'll work..By the way, how many total races are in GT3 as a whole? I tried counting one day..I got to 20 and got bored.. :odd:

I am now half way there. I'm at day 115. True, the second half will take a lot longer, but I'll make it to 229 before long.

If i were to say earn the F094/S right away and beat the game with that on day 229 would that still qualify me for this club

Edit: oh and is there a way so that everytime i do a license test and get a best time it doesnt add another day to my game.

The only prerequisite is to reach 100.0% with the day counter showing 229 days.

If you stay within a specific licence test, every attempt is counted within the same day. As soon as you exit and attempt another licence test, a game day is added.

I'm currently at day 211. I completed all the Endurance races on Monday, and I have only two big races to complete. The Formula GT, and the Pro League All Japan GT Championship. The rest are the Vitz Race Pro League, the TT races, Altezza races and a few other race types like them.

well i have started my attempt at this. im going the way of doing the roadster enduro and man oh man did i ever hit a groove on that. i went i think 15 consecutive laps within .5 of each other and all within .5 of my best lap.

I'm on day 225 with 99% and only 4 endurance races to go. But I have finals at the end of this week & next week. So, it might still take me a while. I'm also taking a trip this weekend. But I'm betting that I'll be done with this by Monday the 8th.

Mission accomplished. 229 is complete. The last race was GT Formula. I started it yesterday, and just now finished.

Now it's time for me to finish GT2.

Status screen screenshot! :D Expose yourself to the world! (Fnarr)

Originally posted by Famine
Status screen screenshot! :D Expose yourself to the world! (Fnarr)

I can't post any pics, no PC and all. I'm still waiting for a PC that will do what I want. I have to wait for those "Next Generation" PCs to trickle out. first.

I plan on doing the 229 day again, and maybe enjoy it more, but not for a while. I plan on getting some new video games and don't plan on playing GT3 for a long while. Hopefully I'll have my new PC then, and I will post some screenshots when I finish my second 229 day completed game.

Okay, I know that I said that I'd have this done on the 8th, but I'm a slacker. :D Instead, I got it done on the 22nd.

I can't post a screen shot, but the stats were:

Day: 229
Complete: 100%
Prize total: 11292500cr (I think. I'm away from my Playstation right now, so I can't be sure.)
Races: 337/337 = 100%
Licenses: S R 48 golds, 0 silvers, 0 bronzes
Prize Cars: 101
Trophies: 398

But, like I said, I can't be totally sure that these are right. I'm away from home right now because I don't have a computer there. I'm pretty sure that these are right though.

I almost forgot.

I did this game a little different this time around.

I wanted to try an alternate way of getting 4 F-1's all at once. I did it the first time that I got 100% by saving the F-1 series for last. You get an F-1 for beating the F-1 series, Professional League, Simulation Mode, & 100%.

This time I saved all the Endurance Races for last. Seattle was the last one because it's the shortest. This way, I would get an F-1 for the Endurance Race, Professional League, Simulation Mode, & 100%.

But I ran this race 4 times & never got the F-1. I actually did finish on the 8th, but I got the Panoz instead. So, finally I just "settled" for the ZZII.

But I just thought that I would try something different this time. It didn't work out, but it was fun.

Back