SEMA auto show winner for GT4

• Thread starter Tekk
  • 11 comments
TekkPS
SEMA auto show winner for GT4

SCEA announces that the winning vehicle from this year's SEMA auto show will feature in Gran Turismo 4.

Sony Computer Entertainment America hosted the first-ever Gran Turismo 4 Awards yesterday at the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) auto show in Las Vegas. GT4 awards for the best truck/SUV, best Japanese import, best European import, best domestic automobile, and best hot rod were up for grabs. Also on offer was the opportunity for the vehicles judged to be best in show to feature in Gran Turismo 4--an honor eventually bestowed upon Ted and Sue Richardson's one-of-a-kind 1962 Buick Special hot rod.

"The Gran Turismo 4 Awards honor and exemplify the high level of passion and enthusiasm that both auto enthusiasts and the Gran Turismo racing franchise possess," said Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo series. "Through the GT4 Awards and the support of the automotive community, Gran Turismo 4 can not only be seen as a game, but as a unique medium to learn, enjoy, and experience automotive culture like never before."

Gran Turismo 4 is currently scheduled for release in North America on April 30 next year. For more information, check out our previous coverage of the game.

By Justin Calvert, GameSpot [POSTED: 11/05/03 06:11 AM]

I wonder what it'll say in the game when the car is in your garage.

"Ted and Sue's Hot Rod"

That'd be so cool (:

Its funny how you guys say that this topic was already discussed well if you could READ the other thread was about the event, this topic whioch clearly states who the winner was, pretty much this is about the results of the show as the other thread was about haveing it... man cant you guys think before you speak....

Actually that's what I thought, but when live4speed said that this had already been discussed I thought the result had already been posted in the other thread, but it wasn't.

yea me too but guess not, anyways thanks for the info Tekk and is there anyway you could get a picture of the car that is if there was one..

Something like this, I guess... but "Hotrod'ed"

Could't find any other photos

Attachments

• 1962_buick_lesabre.jpg
    1962_buick_lesabre.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 128
cool thanks, I could imagine how it will look with a "hotrod" look to it... but hey if you could find there actual car then it would be cool if not I'll deff look for it in GT4

Back