Hong Kong Circuit Info.

• Thread starter Rue
  • 31 comments

Rue

Apparantly...
Premium
Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR
Since finding out about the HK circuit in one of the 'stickys' at the top of this forum I have a couple of questions that I hope some of you chaps can answer.

- Will the HK circuit be available in GT Prologue?
- Does anyone have a picture of the HK circuit plan?

Cheers :)

First off, no it's not in GT4 Prolouge as of yet, there are 5 tracks said to be in GT4 Prolouge and they have allready been seen and played on in demo's at game shows.
Citta D'Aria
Grand Canyon
New York
and thoes two Japanese tracks.

So far there are no maps or pictures of Honk Kong with a map on it, so we'll have to wait.

there are a few pics around in this forum, but they dont give a good enough description of the course...

Thank you very much for your information. I am currently trying to work out at least a few sections of the track from pictures that I have seen and from what I know about the area of HK in which the track is.

Here is what I (think) I know already about the circuit...

The red indicates the track, it will definately go in a clockwise direction, because that's how you would get all the good views of Hong Kong island in the background. The other bits I can't tell until I see more photos, but pick any of those roads I guess.

It goes over a bridge, I don't have the pic but theres one about, also it would be reasonable to assume it would go in both directions like every other none official race circuit in GT.

I notice by your map that the track goes by a space museum...I hope Polyphony doesn't go the F Zero route and blast our asses off to the moon or something ;)

Bedhead

Originally posted by live4speed
It goes over a bridge, I don't have the pic but theres one about, also it would be reasonable to assume it would go in both directions like every other none official race circuit in GT.

The bridge will probably the expressway that bypasses a semi pedestrianised area of Tsim Sha Tsui East. Unless they are making a mammoth track that goes over the Tsing Ma bridge out in the New Territories, it's a very Grand Turismoesque feature in the way that it is lit.

EDIT: I think next time I'm out and about I'll take my digital camera along and get some 'real' pics of the Hong Kong circuit :)

Tsing Ma Bridge - Probably won't be in GT4 :(

the HK circuit will most likely be held somewhere around Nathan Road

Attachments

• hk circuit.jpg
    hk circuit.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 244
Originally posted by TakumiAE86

Wheres the bridge over the river????

Is that a bridge where your projected course crosses over itself, because no racecourse would ever run a cross-road.

Originally posted by live4speed
Wheres the bridge over the river????

There is no river. The bridge is a pedestrianised foot-path at the bottom of the circuit.

And the cossover is a bridge.

Where'd you get that map from :confused:

Welcome to GTP by the way ;)

Originally posted by chaser_fan
Tsing Ma Bridge - Probably won't be in GT4 :(

That bridge is the bomb!

[off topic]

Ya know the express train from the airport to some bus terminal (it's been a while I can't remember exactly)?, does it go over or through the bridge? I was expecting some amazing views from the bridge but all I got was concrete :(

It all makes sense now :)

Originally posted by Cobraboy
That bridge is the bomb!

[off topic]

Ya know the express train from the airport to some bus terminal (it's been a while I can't remember exactly)?, does it go over or through the bridge? I was expecting some amazing views from the bridge but all I got was concrete :(
:
That's like going by train on the sydney harbour bridge. There's altogether too much iron between you and the view ;)

BTW don't you have to change the avatar now Cobraboy? :D

There is no river. The bridge is a pedestrianised foot-path at the bottom of the circuit.

And the cossover is a bridge.

Ahh, right.

:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
:D Thanx Guys! MUCH better info in this thread than most of the others in Rumor & Speculation. 👍 Looks like the Hong Kong Track should be "Spectacular." Can't wait...UB57
:D

Originally posted by Cobraboy
:eek:

Brings back memories :D

werd

i don't think this is NY becuase i played the prius trial around ny and it looked nothing like this so it must be HK! --->

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 140
Originally posted by fiend
werd

i don't think this is NY becuase i played the prius trial around ny and it looked nothing like this so it must be HK! --->

It is.

Yes it is Hong Kong, it's Nathan Road (The Golden Mile) in Tsim Sha Tsui. It's not entirely faithful to real life though. They've removed the central reservation (for the better)

Yes it is Hong Kong, it's Nathan Road (The Golden Mile) in Tsim Sha Tsui. It's not entirely faithful to real life though. They've removed the central reservation (for the better)

er hemm... don't forget as well, they put those stupid side rails, PD should take them off so we crash into the shops, lol:D

Glad to see that others are as eager to see this track in more detail as I am!! (I am from HK, but now in Toronto)

I think the track in the second map is quite possible. Racing onto a bridge and down again would be new to GT! OMG, that would be sooo fun!

Apparently the ending video for GT4 Prologue has a CG sequence (I doubt it's CG) of the Hong Kong track. IGN PS2 said they'll host a section of the ending on their site, but as of now, still nothing :-(

Update: I got the ending vid for Prologue, but unfortunately my sucky computer (PII 300) can't play the high bitrate video *smacks head*. Must wait for next week now....

Back