INITIAL D Cars (possible spoilers)

• Thread starter Bat22
  • 72 comments
I'm willing to bet a few of you know of the manga/anime Initial D. I'm planning on making a memory card with just the cars seen in the series but could use some advice associating cars in ID with those in GT. It's easy to figure out what folks like Takumi, Ryosuke, and Shingo get while other characters have more versions to sort through... Here's a list of racers and what I think are their cars.

Takumi -- Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT APEX (incl. the "Shigeno Version")

Bunta -- the Subaru Impreza SC 22B STi Version is one generation ahead but it seems to be the closest version

Iketani (Speed Stars) -- Nissan Silvia K's 1800cc

Kenji (Speed Stars) -- Nissan 240 SX Fastback Type X

Ryousuke (Red Suns) -- Mazda Savanna RX-7 Infini III

Keisuke (Red Suns) -- you can win a yellow Mazda RX-7 Type RZ in the Amateur JPN championship

Kenta (Red Suns) -- it's neither orange nor a Q's but a red Nissan 240 SX K's AERO seems closest

Nakazato (Night Kids) -- Nissan Skyline GT·R V spec II
Also: in the flashback w/ his former S13, did it look like he was driving the same car as Kenji but black?

Shingo (Night Kids) -- Honda Civic SiR2-II

Mako/Sayuki (Impact Blue) -- Nissan Silvia Varietta?? :odd:

Sudo (Emperors) -- the Mitsubishi Lan Evo III isn't around

Seiji (Emperors) -- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR

Wataru (Stage 2) -- the regular Toyota Trueno

Kai (Stage 3) -- Toyota MR2 G-Limited (purple seems closest to an absent blue color option)

Tohru (Seven Star Leaf) -- it wasn't a convertible but the body seemed to match the Mazda Miata MX-5 ('93 Model??)

Atsuro (Seven Star Leaf) -- Nissan Skyline (R34 version)

Kenji's car is referred to as a One-Eighty in the series, not a 240.
I'm almost embarassed that I knew that.

Originally posted by Bat22
Tohru (Seven Star Leaf) -- it wasn't a convertible but the body seemed to match the Mazda Miata MX-5 ('93 Model??)

Indeed, it is a 1st generation Mazda Miata MX-5. It just has the hardtop option for it.

Originally posted by Joey
Kenji's car is referred to as a One-Eighty in the series, not a 240.
I'm almost embarassed that I knew that.

The one-eighty or 180SX is the S13 hatchback with flip-up lights.

Known to the US as 240SX and to Europe as the 200SX.

For Atsuro, I don't believe there was an R34 in the series. I do remember seeing an ER34 though. (ER34 = RWD coupe version)

I own the entire first series of "Initial D," (I don't have any of the new series that's coming out) and I'm somewhat confused. I've seen dozens of times that Bunta has a Subaru Impreza, but where was it mentioned? It never shows him having any car after he gives up the Trueno Sprinter to Takumi. Was it mentioned in the manga or something? 'Cause I wouldn't have seen that. I know there are a few other like, information books, as well.

And then who are --

-- these guys? I would think after watching the anime, I wouldn't have to ask anything about the series but I've never heard of any of this, aside from the Impreza being mentioned on a few sites but none of them ever said where that information was stated.

Oh, and you're missing one car that you can get in GT3. There's a silver Celica GT-Four, isn't there? I don't have the game on at the moment but I'm pretty sure you can get that car in silver. But that is of course unless you're choosing to exclude Miki who wasn't a racer, he was just Natsuki's ass of an ex-boyfriend. The reason why I added his car to my roster (back when I did something like this in GT1) was because the Celica GT-Four is an awesome car to me but that was the only reason.

Originally posted by Tokyo Drifter

I own the entire first series of "Initial D," (I don't have any of the new series that's coming out) and I'm somewhat confused. I've seen dozens of times that Bunta has a Subaru Impreza, but where was it mentioned? It never shows him having any car after he gives up the Trueno Sprinter to Takumi. Was it mentioned in the manga or something? 'Cause I wouldn't have seen that. I know there are a few other like, information books, as well.

And then who are --

-- these guys? I would think after watching the anime, I wouldn't have to ask anything about the series but I've never heard of any of this, aside from the Impreza being mentioned on a few sites but none of them ever said where that information was stated.

Oh, and you're missing one car that you can get in GT3. There's a silver Celica GT-Four, isn't there? I don't have the game on at the moment but I'm pretty sure you can get that car in silver. But that is of course unless you're choosing to exclude Miki who wasn't a racer, he was just Natsuki's ass of an ex-boyfriend. The reason why I added his car to my roster (back when I did something like this in GT1) was because the Celica GT-Four is an awesome car to me but that was the only reason.
Those characters you mentioned are further on in the manga. They haven't shown up yet in the anime series either and the Tokyopop manga isn't far enough yet.

Those two guys are in the first two episodes of Initial D stage 4 which was just shown on Japanese tv a couple of weeks ago.

Aslo,Bunta gets the Impreza further in the manga and its gonna be in the 4th stage of ID (saw it in the opening sequence)

Originally posted by Initial O
Don't forget Natsuki's 'sugar daddy'. :lol:

He drives a Mercedes-Benz E-Class E180

Eww, yeah, let's .. uh .. not forget him ...

But that car was never a race car, the real thing nor the one in the anime. It was one of those weird automatics anyway.

Okay, so Tingboy answered that question about the characters but what about the Impreza? When does this happen? In the manga too, isn't it?

On a side note, when I picked up the americanized Initial D manga and saw "damn yo', that boy got punked!" I wanted to rip it in half. So I won't be looking at those again in the near future. Looks like the accuracy to the manga degenerates from the first one on, the first manga book is pretty accurate, then the second features those dumb name changes, yeah, let's all call him Tak' instead of Takumi. And there's Ry-Bread Ryosuke too.

Hmm, I didn't see Ryen's post for some reason before I put mine up so nevermind that. Okay, curiosity is satisfied. -- Well, almost. What model Impreza is it? The standard Impreza 2-door Coupe?

Mako-Sayuki's car is a blue Sil-eighty. Front end is off a s13 silvia and the rear end is off 180sx (american 240) Look in Gran Turismo 2 for a sil-eighty that looks almost exactly like Mako-Sayuki's car (same color and similar body kit)

Itsuki has Levin ae85 (also in GT2) and there was also mystery boy at the end of episode 2 with his yellow civic type R.

Originally posted by TingBoy
For Atsuro, I don't believe there was an R34 in the series. I do remember seeing an ER34 though. (ER34 = RWD coupe version)

No spoilers but - in the version of Stage 4 ep. 2 I saw - the translation had Keisuke pleased that his opponent's car wasn't a 34 GT-R but an FR GT Turbo. Is that still an R34 or not w/o the 4WD? :boggled:

If the car was indeed a Skyline, then yes, it would still be an R34. The change would come in the GT name, 4WD Skylines are GTRs and Rear-Wheel drive ones are GT-Ss. I must admit, I didn't think there was an R34 GT-S (with the technical exception of the Locite Skyline Race Car in GT3). But look at the others, there's the R32 GTR and the R32 GT-S. The R33 GTR and R33 GT-S. So the R34 would stay the same even if it is a RWD car. But it would be a GT-S and not a GTR.

I was a bit confused to see the CPU using a R32 GT-S in the Amateur "Race of the Red Emblem", I thought the Red Emblem refered to the "R" in GT-R. So a GT-S should not be allowed in that race but then GT2 allowed you to slip cars through into races they shouldn't be and I guess from time to time, GT3 does that too.

The R34 was a ER34 Skyline 2 door version in 4th stage., As many of you know theres a ER34 4 door version which Ken Nomuken(Noruma)
in the D1GP drives.
The ER34 2 Door verson is callled the Nissan Skyline 25GT Turbo.

damn it..i was just about to post that...

ok Ryen is correct the ER34 is a RWD skyline known as the 25GT Turbo equiped with the RB25DET.

Spolier ** >> The ER34 does appear in the series and races Keisuke's FD on an uphill battle against the 7 star-leafs team leader Atsuro, of course the FD wins using the Reverse Gutter weight transfer. The Yellow Civic Type R (EK9) appears as well...along with the drivers father who is a professional race car driver. There is a white Integra Type R (DC2) Turbo that appears.
Keiuske's FD gets damaged and ends up using his new girlfriends Black FD and whoops ass (i cant remember who he races though). Bunta's GC impreza is just a regular Blue Impreza WRX i believe, has AWD Flat-4 Turbo.
<<

wow.... a list....i think most people all ready knew what the cars were....but i like it heh the best bet would be to get GT4 with all the colors and cars and everything

Originally posted by Wingsofwar
damn it..i was just about to post that...

Spolier ** >> The ER34 does appear in the series and races Keisuke's FD on an uphill battle against the 7 star-leafs team leader Atsuro, of course the FD wins using the Reverse Gutter weight transfer. The Yellow Civic Type R (EK9) appears as well...along with the drivers father who is a professional race car driver. There is a white Integra Type R (DC2) Turbo that appears.
Keiuske's FD gets damaged and ends up using his new girlfriends Black FD and whoops ass (i cant remember who he races though). Bunta's GC impreza is just a regular Blue Impreza WRX i believe, has AWD Flat-4 Turbo.
<<

Keisuke won because his cornering speeds were better than the ER34's and overtook him on a straight. This was never shown in the anime, only in the manga. Takumi used the gutter trick to overtake the MX-5.

Daiki, the EK9 driver, is not talking to his father. He is talking someone called Tomo. Since subber's translate by what they hear, they may have misheard.

Kyoko is NOT Keisuke's girlfriend. Yet anyway. Since he rejected her. He raced an Evo5 on Tsuchizaka.

I haven't seen any of 4th stage yet so can anyone tell me what kind of rims the fc has? Also can you get them or ones like the rims in gt3?

Speaking of drifting, how does one achieve that in simulation mode since it isn't offered like in arcade? What aspects of the vehicle do you tweak?

Wow Bat22, sorry to say, but you're practically shooting into the ocean with a BB gun attempting to make a title wave (I never was good with analogies). Try the firs tcouple sticky threads at the top of the drifting forum.

Back