Ford GT only with racing slicks : why ???

• Thread starter Buggy Boy
  • 14 comments
It would be great to compare the Ford GT with 3 other supercars in GT4-P : the Viper, the SL55 and the M5.

But, is Ford afraid to be compared with the opponents, using the same equipment, that their car needs to be on slicks :irked: ?

The GT is a road car. PD, put racing tyres on the GT40 '69 Gulf, but at least allow us to drive all the road cars on normal tyres :bowdown:

Btw : in GTC Tokyo-Geneva it is possible to compare the original Ford GT40 with the 2002 Ford GT concept (using Mk's program) : the original car is faster :D

How do you get that Ford is afraid to be compared with the oppents? Prologue has the Ford GT pitted against the R390!

what GTP classes as a road car is something you could go into a showroom and buy. What it classes as a race car is something you can't. As far as I'm aware, that mkaes the GT a racecar, so you can only have racing tyres :-(

And what the hell is K's program? Does it put Gt3 cars on GTC? If so, how do i get/use it????

mk's GT3gEdit programme. And yes, it does.

Hit the link in my signature for my site explaining how to use it - and you can also download it there.

Beware though that the cars in GTC will ALWAYS appear in the same order in the car select screen, but the correctly implanted car will appear on the track. I promise.

Indeed, you need a Shark or X-port to do this, and as far as I know it's not compatible with GT4:P (yet). But the device is definitely worth the investment.

Originally posted by Polyphony001
what GTP classes as a road car is something you could go into a showroom and buy. What it classes as a race car is something you can't. As far as I'm aware, that mkaes the GT a racecar, so you can only have racing tyres :-(

And what the hell is K's program? Does it put Gt3 cars on GTC? If so, how do i get/use it????

Then every concept car should be on slicks? :)

mk's program doesn't work on GT4-P, which is a pitty. I'd love to drive more cars on Tsukuba and Fuji. But you should try it on GTC (at least if you still want to drive with the GTC physics now)

Could Mr. Mk's program me mofied to work in GT4P? Or is the game such that it isn't possible. I'm not really that interested in buying something just for the sake of getting GT3 cars on autumn ring, except for test purposes. My main hope was driving stuff like the F1s on fuji or say, a clio V6 race in itta di aria. Stuff like that. Never mind.

Apparently, GT4P doesn't have a garage, as such, so mk's programme would be of no use.

The F1 cars don't work in Concept at all...

Aaaaaand the X-Port (£14.99 at play.com) will prevent you from ever having to buy a memory card, or erase potentially valuable data to save space, ever again. At less than the cost of an offcial card. And if you're an online racer like me, you can prove your lap/racetimes with one.

Well you do need at least one memory card, but you'll neve have to get two of them.

It's just a shame that it doesn't work with Macintoshes.

Yes - although Concept unlocks cars in a similar fashion to GT4P, they are stored garage-style.

Several people have reported getting the X-Port to work with a Macintosh.

Originally posted by Famine
The F1 cars don't work in Concept at all...

Wierd, I could've sworn i've driven the F094/H around autumn ring. Although that's for GTC 2001 not 2002. Although i'm pretty sure you should be able to drive the P001 or P002 on the Pal version.

Originally posted by Famine
Apparently, GT4P doesn't have a garage, as such, so mk's programme would be of no use.

You can leave out the Apparently. It was one of the first things I pointed my hexeditor at. The savegame is crammed with highscores and validation codes, but hardly anything else in there ... You can change it to unlock all cars though, I think it was VV who identified that code at GTWeb.

With the code posted by VV in this thread, it is possible to drive the Ford GT on street tyres.

It's more challenging and realistic imo.

And it is the fastest road car on street tyres on Tsukuba. I wrote down these 10 fastest lap times (all cars on street tyres, same sunday driver) :

1. GT : 01:02,722
2. 350Z Z-tune : 01:04,317
3. HSC : 01:05,301
4. Viper GTS : 01:06,003
5. M5 Concept : 01:06,349
6. SL55 AMG : 01:06,706
7. MTRC : 01:07,098
8. NSX Type S-Zero : 01:07,194
9. Skyline Nur : 01:07,289
10. Elise 190 01:07,315

Back