20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
WEBSITES OF MENTION:
http://www.area51zone.com/
http://www.desertsecrets.com/area51.html

Well, GTPlanet. Some of you may have heard of it, some of you may have not. Area 51 has to be one of the most concealed places in America. Some often like to associate Area 51 with aliens and some hardcore research and intelligence. I don't think a lot of people want people to know about Area 51. GTP, if I have come up with a potential controversial topic, forgive me and close. I have a feeling this may bring up some special attention that not a lot of people will want to come up with.

Anyhow, Area 51. Reply.

All i know are rumours of an underground facillity where secret experiments are performed.
It's said that the technology in that place is 20 years ahead of what we have now in terms of aviation and space flight.I'm sure there is a lot more going on down there then we all know.Who knows maybe they do have alien organisms there.No way to prove it though.

Aliens and all that stuff, fun to fantasize about, but like GTChamp2003 said hard to prove. I do think Area 51 has a huge role in inventions of tomorrow. Where ever they maybe getting the inspration, I think most of tomorrows planes are there today.

Alot of NASA research goes on there but I think the majority of it is Military technology.

Area 51 (which doesn't really exist, anymore; a lot more is going on in Utah instead) was the leading edge of weapons technology, particularly aircraft.

But don't for a minute think that there are aliens, alien technology, or even anything terrestrial that is all that far ahead of the rest of the world. A few years, maybe, but no 20. They're certainly not investigating time travel or teleportation or FTL or other science fiction stuff.

The F-112 Stealth fighter came out of Area 51. It's cool; it's cutting edge, it does its job well; but it's nothing earth-shattering in terms of technology.

^ F-112, i thought there was the F-117 and B-2? Well, I think the SR-71 also origniated from there also. And let's not forget the fabled Aurora :eek: I'm not so quick to discount rumor of Alien technology.

I believe in area 51. I do believe that they're doing extremely high-tech research there. I don't believ in alien research there. I do believe in Aliens, though. 💡 hmmm....

One time, Mulder and Scully were driving through the desert to meet a confidential informant. And then they got stopped by some ugly fat guy. And they talked for a few minutes, but then this UFO flew over and it made Mulder and the ugly fat guy switch bodies. And then they had to live each other's lives! And the ugly fat guy who became Mulder tried to have sex with Scully, and Mulder who became the ugly fat guy did his best not to have sex with the ugly fat guy's wife. But the best part was when ugly fat guy's children had unisex names and Mulder called his daughter Marty and his son Chris (or was it the other way around?) because he didn't know which was which. Oh, and the other best part was when the confidential informant, who looks like Oliver North, tried to get Mulder (ie the ugly fat guy) arrested because he was stealing a flight data recorder. But then they said, "what's in the bag?" and Mulder said "it's beer." and they said "are you sure it's not a flight data recorder?" and Mulder said, "no, it's beer!" and they looked in the bag and sure enough - beer! Oh, and when Mulder got eleven cents in change and gave it to the gas station attendant and said "keep it" and the attendant goes "well maybe I'll just close early today." That was really funny! But then Mulder and the ugly fat guy eventually switched back and everything was okay, except Mulder's apartment because the ugly fat guy bought a bed (and everyone knows Mulder doesn't sleep in a bed).

Yeah, I don't buy any of your Area 51 mumbo-jumbo. So they're researching aircraft! Why should they let the public in? Unless, of course, the public knew how to research aircraft - which you don't. Bang!

There is no such thing as "Area 51". Fact.

Besides which, if it was SO top secret that everyone on Earth knows about it, knows roughly where it is and knows what goes on there, what the hell is the point of it?

It's just a joke at the expense of conspiracy theorists - make everyone think there's a super-secret research facility into bug-eyed monsters and their downed spacecraft ('cos everyone knows Roswell was real. Right?) and then tell them exactly where it is so that they all hoard round the facility - hell, even buy several miles of chainlink fence, employ a few armed guards and a couple of F/A-18s to make it look more authentic - and don't go looking anywhere else where interesting things actually DO go on.

Besides, where's Area 50? And wouldn't you be more interested in what goes on in Area 52 - after all, they must have built THAT facility later, eh? Eh?

Pffft. Prove it.

"They" just made a name up to make it sound cool and mysterious and fenced off a mountain in the middle of nowhere. "They"'re sitting at home right now, spying on us (naturally - it's what "they" do) and laughing, shooting puppies.

Everytime someone says "Area 51", they laugh and shoot another puppy. Bastards.

You'd better watch out Famine. "They'll" be out to cut the wires in your wheel if you keep saying things like that.

Area 51 is a research facility in the Nevada desert located in sector 51 or something like that.
I don't believe it hads anything to do with aliens, but I do think it's where new avaiation technology is created and researched, Area 51 has it's own airport, you can see the jets going down over it and then taking off again hours later. This was along time ago since I read this so it might be a little rusty, but a few decades ago people were taking photo's of black UFO's over the nevada desert, the were triangular-ish in shape and din't seem to hace any curved edges, a good while later the Stealth bomber appeared and I can't rember exactley but the pics taken years before looked a lot like the Stealth bomber.

Maybe it's nto alien pics at all, just pics of the new and advanced technology of the aircraft. We maybe flying to disneyworld in one of those next year.

live4speed
Area 51 is a research facility in the Nevada desert located in sector 51 or something like that.
I don't believe it hads anything to do with aliens, but I do think it's where new avaiation technology is created and researched, Area 51 has it's own airport, you can see the jets going down over it and then taking off again hours later. This was along time ago since I read this so it might be a little rusty, but a few decades ago people were taking photo's of black UFO's over the nevada desert, the were triangular-ish in shape and din't seem to hace any curved edges, a good while later the Stealth bomber appeared and I can't rember exactley but the pics taken years before looked a lot like the Stealth bomber.

Thanks to you, "they"'ve just killed two more puppies. I hope you're happy with yourself, you dog-murdering bastard.

daan - Nah, I'm in the British FBI, remember? They like to recruit us fat lesbian hockey players. Although my official name is "Chris" (gotta love androgynous names).

I think the reason for the name Area 51 is because it is located in area 51 of the Nevada testing ranges. I don't believe there is anything alien in there. And if there was any alien technology on this planet, I believe that area 51 would just be a diversion.
I beleieve the F-117 is form Area 51, I don't think that the B2 did (wasn't that the skunk works?).

And also didn't they move Area 51 due to 'contamination of the area'.

5 dogs!

FIVE!

You ******* ***** **** ******** ****!

area51.jpg

Government Area 51 really exists, and I believe the newer facility in Utah is Area 60 something or so. So Areo 50 and Area 52 exist, they're just not well known.

I did some research on Area 51 and came up with the following:

The Groom Lake Base is this top-secret military base located 90 miles north of Las Vegas (which is in Nevada). It's in grid number 51 of the Nevada Test Site, so it's called Area 51. The United States Air Force Flight Test Center controls the base. It's best known for testing exotic aircraft and weapons. The base was created in 1954 as a place to test the secret U-2 spyplane that was used to fly missions over the Soviet Union. Then it started to house the SR-71, A-12 and D-21 drone. The F-117A was tested there, also. In the 1980's the base increased in size, along with the runway (which increased to the present 6 miles). Then, mysterious lights began to appear, and armed guards known as the cammo dudes started patrolling the border. The government closed many viewpoints from which the Area 51 base could be seen. In 1989, a "physicist" named Bob Lazar claimed that he worked at a base south of Area 51 and also claimed that Area 51 was testing extremely advanced aircraft and UFO's they got by trading with the aliens. Since then, Area 51 has been thought to be the test center of captured UFOs because of the lights in the night sky.

16.jpg

19.jpg

676.jpg

621.jpg

517.jpg

510.jpg

205.jpg

24.jpg

GT3Champ2003 can't respond as he's been "taken into custody" by the Dutch branch of the British FBI. Everyone knows that if you say... errr... "A 5"... "they" shoot a puppy, but if you do an internet search for it they'll come and take you away.

But come on people. This base is SO secret that it turns up several hundred thousand results if you search for it, everyone in the world knows what and where it is and now you're posting aerial photographs of it? Must be where they're hiding everything, seeing as it's so secret and hidden and all.

All they have to do is rename it to "Area 404" and then no-one could find it.

live4speed
The base isn't a secret, it's what goes on inside that is.

Sure.

Then, when they wheel it out, they cover it in duct-tape and black polybags, like car manufacturers do. That'll fox the satellites and amateur photographers as the alien spaceship - masquerading as an F-16 - trundles down the 6 mile runway in full open view of the world's massed conspiracy theorists.

As an aside, what is it about conspiracy theories that makes us all so susceptible to them? I mean, what's more likely? The USAF have a testing facility in the middle of nowhere for next-generation planes (F117A, then F19, then F22), or it's some wonderful, hyper-secret place (which everyone knows about) where they cut up aliens and reverse engineer space ships? Remember Occam's Razor (to paraphrase - "Do not needlessly multiply entities"). And even if they DID cut up aliens and reverse engineer space ships, would they do it somewhere that everyone is focussed upon?

The truth may be out there, but the lies are firmly planted inside your skull.

Maybe all this is a hoax and they're doing cancer research there. They've found a cure and have it locked up because they are like the gas companies and want to see everyone suffer and die, then they can say, "We've found the cure!! Too bad it's too late..."....it's so sad that everyone is just a bunch of insane, soul-less bastards...

BTW, note how I just wrote a whole paragraph without saying Area 51.

Whoops, just did. Sorry puppy.

Mostly everyone knows about Area 51 but they don't.Does that make sence.They know that it exists,they don't know what it is.The whole aircraft testing stuff might just be a cover-up.It's quite possible that there are other life forms in there,just because you never seen an alien doesn't mean they doesn't exist.It's funny that there are many sites about Area 51 but they don't know anything about it,just speculation.I wonder why no one ever tried to bust in there and see what's going on(other then the danger of beign shot).It's a mysterious place and people have seen weird objects and heard weird sounds coming from there like multiple sonic booms in a very short period of time(like 5 sec.).There's lot of stuff unexplained about that place,that's what interests people.
What lies there?

btw.
I'm not too fond of dogs or puppies(dog puppies that is),so don't think bad of me just because of that.

Back