BMW in GT2...what do you think?

• Thread starter Pupik
  • 15 comments

Pupik

dig the bolts in my neck
Staff Emeritus
United States
HSV
What's everyone's opinion on BMW in GT2? To me, the lack of M-cars is the biggest disappointment in the game. I feel like the cars are just leftovers from Munich.

I know fans of the blue-and-white roundel are going to execute me for this thread....but hey, the BMW logo is even absent form the game!

Originally posted by pupik
What's everyone's opinion on BMW in GT2? To me, the lack of M-cars is the biggest disappointment in the game. I feel like the cars are just leftovers from Munich.

I know fans of the blue-and-white roundel are going to execute me for this thread....but hey, the BMW logo is even absent form the game!
I was very disappointed to find out that there were no M-cars.:( Pretty much all the BMW's in the game are crap.:(

Yes, I was hoping for the M-cars as well. Some more cars that could challenge the Japanese ones for top honors. Still, the BMW's are great cars in the mid-power categories. They are excellent handlers, especially with some suspension tuning. If turbo/supercharging were an option for them, you'd see some great cars right there.

They do tend to make good hybrids though, at least the smaller ones do, they almost always have great acceleration when built up right. I've had them with 500 hp and a 0-60 time of about 1.5 seconds, which is great.

The reason that Polyphony didn't put the "COOL" BMWs in their Gran Turismo Series, because BMW has Trademarked the little colerful M, M Power, and the Roundel (not the BMWCCA Mag). So Polyphony couldn't put the cars in the GAME.

Kristof

They suck. The only one I like is the 7-series and its still bad. have you noticed how low the 5-series is. I tried to rise it but it sill looks bad

I only like the 3-series in GT2. I stop my fully modded 328Ci in the middle of the track, crank up the volume, and just rev the engine between 2-4k RPM (before the turbo kicks in) to hear the sweet notes.....

Originally posted by frestkd
The reason that Polyphony didn't put the "COOL" BMWs in their Gran Turismo Series, because BMW has Trademarked the little colerful M, M Power, and the Roundel (not the BMWCCA Mag). So Polyphony couldn't put the cars in the GAME.

Kristof

sorry, but its more due to the fact that the nazis at EA locked the licenses up. BMW M are in the same prison block as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche.

However, the one thing that really annoyed me is that they didn't throw any of the really classic BMW cars in there. The BMW 2002 tii would be PERFECT for the '70s race. And the E30 3-series would be even more perfect for the 80s races.

They should rectify the situation for GTNetwork--adding the mid-80s 3, 5, and 6 series, adding the 2002 tii (and turbo :)), and getting rid of the old 8 series (BLARGGHHH!!!) would make it great :)

oh, and the racing special models should be the M3 GTR and the E21 320i. Go look up that 320i too, its crazy :)

Originally posted by harper

sorry, but its more due to the fact that the nazis at EA locked the licenses up. BMW M are in the same prison block as Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche.

I bet their kicking themselves in the butt for that too:) I wouldn't be surprised if those 3 companies dont give EA the exculsive right for video games, when their contrats expire.

Grrr!

*Fumes at EA*

I hope that Microsoft doesn't think the same way as this lot. Otherwise it'll OWN the companies it wants to licence from, let alone all the games developers. Where's Mario Monte when you want him?

Monopoly? Just Say NO :D

Why can't you change the rims on the Bimmers? :confused:
I'm gettin' sick of watching the stock ones spinning around :mad:
I'm pretty sure that it is a default on all the GT2 disks
-I got really confused because when you try and change the rims, it says "You can't compete in this race."--"Darn, I was looking forward to racing in the Enkei 500, and then winning it all at the O.Z. World Cup. BUMMER :D " :P
Oh well- I guess the other 570 cars can get wheel changes, so it's not a bad deal! ;)

Originally posted by hsrdragger
Why can't you change the rims on the Bimmers? :confused:
I'm gettin' sick of watching the stock ones spinning around :mad:
I'm pretty sure that it is a default on all the GT2 disks
-I got really confused because when you try and change the rims, it says "You can't compete in this race."--"Darn, I was looking forward to racing in the Enkei 500, and then winning it all at the O.Z. World Cup. BUMMER :D " :P
Oh well- I guess the other 570 cars can get wheel changes, so it's not a bad deal! ;)

Well, i think it has alot to do with the bmw lisence. I mean, i think bmw didn't want there rims to be changed. Have you ever noticed the way all the bm's are exactly that (bmw rims). I think they are a little bit tight for my likings. Cant even let someone change there bloody rims :(

I think there's a GS code out there for allowing the Bimmers to use the Wheel Shop...but I never took note of it. The old GTF might have a code lying around...but of course, it's inaccessible.

I've been looking for this code, so if it's around gimme a holler.

Here are basecodes for you GS users:

Version 1.0
801CCFC0 xxxx
801CCFC2 xxxx

Version 1.1
801CD330 xxxx
801CD332 xxxx

Version 1.2
801CD560 xxxx
801CD562 xxxx

PAL version
801CD590 xxxx