A Late Arrival - this is a video thread

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
but better late than never, right? yes

so here it is, my GTP Drift Video debut, and with GT4 looming on the horizon, what better time to do it.
Vinkento has been generous enough to host it for me. So I owe him thanks, right off the top.

Ok, so an introduction is perhaps in order. I bought a TV-Wonder-Pro on boxing day, and spent about a week playing around with capture settings. Eventually I got confident enough in the results that I set about making a drift video.

Title: Centrifuge - size 18.7mb - rendered in 640x480 wmv9 format - length 2:44 - controller: DS2

The car is a white Nissan 240, tuned to somewhere around 250 hp (I think it was 252, but oil was gettin dirty), with full drivetrain, suspension, brake and weight reducing mods, driving on sim tires.

The video takes place on Apricot Hill Raceway, and commences on the last turn, then follows a full lap of the course. It's my favourite course, and I consider it my home course in GT3, so I found it only fitting that it should be the focus of my first video.

Anyways, I was lucky enough to pull off a decent lap after a few warmup laps. Here it is:

http://vinkento.com/videos/Centrifuge.wmv

I wasnt entirely happy with that lap, I still see some problem areas (If I could redo turn 1+2, I would. It was a bit untidy for my tastes). Then again, I tend to be my own biggest critic, and that may be the case here. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

so, then, without any further adieu, let the public bamboo chute flogging begin. Any and all comments are welcome.

edit: sorry about the frame skipping. As mentioned, I'm still a complete noob when it comes to capturing media. But Vinkento gave me a few pointers, so I'll employ those when I start capturing for a sequel.

lol, good to see you avoided the 'nice' comment

and i used Vegas Video 4 to add in the text and music

Good stuff man... just wondering about the first real hairpin after that long straight.. w/the dunlop sign... heh, it looked like you regained grip half-way? then had to steer into the turn and power over right? iono... thats the only major thing i noticed. Otherwise.. good stuff man..

ChiShi

*edit
Just thought of it.. but.. very good stuff man =P and i'm pretty sure you knew exactly what i had already said... lol... i'm so weird.. okiez

chishifu
Good stuff man... just wondering about the first real hairpin after that long straight.. w/the dunlop sign... heh, it looked like you regained grip half-way? then had to steer into the turn and power over right? iono... thats the only major thing i noticed. Otherwise.. good stuff man..

ChiShi

*edit
Just thought of it.. but.. very good stuff man =P and i'm pretty sure you knew exactly what i had already said... lol... i'm so weird.. okiez

heh, both your initial comments, and editted ones are true
it was one of those corners that i wasnt entirely happy with, but was content enough with that i didnt do another lap.

But for the record, i didnt regain grip. The camera angle can be decieving.
I had viewed the lap from a helicopter view (using the disk eject trick) and it showed more clearly that the car always maintained some angle of drift through every turn on the course - barring perhaps the slight kink after the hairpin.

thanks for the input, nonetheless
you too, nissandrifter

Good job TS. your drifting was pretty smooth throughout. Looks like your only problem(like mine) is your line. Other then that it looked pretty good.

Keep it up.

Swift
Good job TS. your drifting was pretty smooth throughout. Looks like your only problem(like mine) is your line. Other then that it looked pretty good.

Keep it up.

lol same here! 👍 Nice video TS! wish i wasn't that lazy as to make another video LOL

Back