New Michelin tires!

  • Thread starter Thread starter pimp racer
  • 39 comments
  • 1,629 views
Whoa, wtf...I hate it yet like it at the same time......
 
Ugly. Very, very ugly. But, at least it will improve performance.
 
Wow, that is weird. They look REALLY wide on that picture of the Audi going around the corner.
 
Whoa....I don't know what I think...very cool concept though...

Blake
 
Whoa, I just realized, you'll never have a flat again!
 
I would never use them, they don't look safe.
 
From the side it looks really cheap, like those spare replacement tires.

I could get used to them.
 
ND4SPD
Whoa, I just realized, you'll never have a flat again!
But instead you'll probably get flat spots. Very ugly wheel.
 
Wow, that is really different. If they can get them to look better I think they may have something.
 
cardude2004
Those are neat, but I don't think they will work in the snow.
Good point. Those things would get snowed in way too easily.

And on a side note, I wonder how they would take to potholes. I can't see them standing up very well against some of the proverbial pits we have here on Steeles Avenue in Toronto.
 
They look to be very good a taking shocks but you could also increase the "pressure" on the spoke things so it doesn't damage the wheel.

Blake
 
They'll probably be availible with a sidewall in production versions.
Interesting idea, looking forward to seeing how they handle.
The way they put it, it sounds like the... dealy.. and wheel are intigrated. You'd have to replace the whole thing when the rubber runs out.
 
But a sidewall would put air pressure in there, which basically is what this tire isn't supposed to have, assuming the sdewall covered all of the side....

Blake
 
It wouldnt have to be sealed.
 
I know, but why put one there in the first place, so it looks "conventional"?

Blake
 
Blake
so it looks "conventional"?

Blake

Exactly, it will most likely sell better if it looks conventional, how many people here actually likes the look of them in their current state?
 
Wow. Very very interesting concept. I'm not quite sure how the tire fluxuating like it does in that picture of the audi taking a turn is going to be good for handling, though. Isn't that similar to suspension roll? I dont know if im correct, incorrect or what, but it does seem very similar. As far as a sidewall, that's what i would hope to see. You could remove air pressure by just having numerous small holes through the sidewall. It seems pretty practical.. Though i don't think i get how you adjust the pressure of the spokes and whatnot. You wouldn't catch me putting them on my car unless they had sidewalls of some sort.

Also, would they ever make a "Low-profile" version of these? It might make it look a little better. -- I wonder how they get the tire to stay on the wheel..
 
That. Is really. Weird.

Nice concept, though. Looks pretty... unconventional.
 
VIPERGTSR01
Exactly, it will most likely sell better if it looks conventional, how many people here actually likes the look of them in their current state?
When the first "inflated" wheels came out they sure as hell wouldn't have looked conventional. Plus, any sidewall would just be added weight and probably added "stiffness"....

Blake
 
Blake
When the first "inflated" wheels came out they sure as hell wouldn't have looked conventional.
Blake

Yes, and I watched a doco about how they took awhile to be excepted. Initially they wernt used all that much, but after time people came to except them.

The same might happen with these but adding the visual effect of being conventional will help it along.
 
Probably, but will it effect the tires performance?

Blake
 
Fugly with a capital nasty. 👎

Cool idea, though I'd like to see a presentation on how they tackle any and all road conditions, and how they work on utility and construction vehicles.
 
This is very interesting. 👍

But it looks ugly. :crazy:
 
Very interresting and the first time I have seen these. I dont think they would look as bad on an 18" wheel or bigger. But on that wheel they look terrible.
Those tires would be worthless in the winter. They would get packed with snow and the tires would be so out of balance the car would shake to pieces.
The Caterpillar looks tough with those.
 
Back