Current favorite car in GT4 (FFS don't just post the name of the car)

• Thread starter Race Idiot
  • 546 comments

Race Idiot

(Banned)
Sao Tome and Principe
Sao Tome and Principe
Well I did a search and got what is your favorite handling car, and your least favorite handling car. But maybe it might be good to have a thread to talk about your current favorite car in GT4.
Although please just don't put what car is your favorite, we would like to know the reasons why you have deemed this your current favorite, be it having it's 'mAd TyTe RIMZ wit Spinnaz' or 'it has a tank engine!' or maybe even 'It's just a Daihatsu midget, I mean what can be cooler than that? Nothing obviously!' although maybe a tad more descriptive than that.

Aaaanyway.

Currently my favorite car has to be the M Coupe, the rear tyres are so wide that I had to remove a bit of camber to stop it from understeering at one point. Although at the moment it's fully tuned (barring chassis refresh and rollcage) and I love it. Although it did understeer a bit which I thought was a bit strange, but now it's nice and ballanced with around 440hp and racing slicks. I also noticed the tyre chirping sound after you buy the brake controller and change the settings you can hear the rapid chirps from the abs working. Or at least I think it's the ABS working.

Well anyway I don't want to ramble on forever (and ever and ever etc) like JohnBM01, so i'll leave it to some other members.

Well since i don't have the game yet :grumpy: I can only guess, but my guess is, it will be the Nissan Skyline GTR R34 V-spec II. I love that car. Or maybe the BMW M3, thats pretty nice to. :) On the other hand a car that i won't be driving is any of the Fomula 1 cars (except for any championships where it is required). They make the game too easy!

Edif:
Uh and the Audi RS4 and RS6, and Mercedes E190 2,5 16 AMG :)

Too much to speculate without having the game. I'm looking forward to fully tuning the VW old beetle and the Karmann Ghia, just because I had a Bug in Highschool and was a VW fanatic for a long time. I'm hoping that they give you the displacement increase option for the Aircooled VW's because it wasn't /isn't all that hard to bump it up a few CC's...I'll have to wait and see on that one.

Other than the old school VW's, I'll put out the blanket statement on all the old American Iron just for the fact that it's always a fun challenge to use them to beat cars that handle so much better, and awesome to watch the replays when you do put the whoopin' on them.

I get a feeling this thread is going to explode once Feb. 22nd rolls around :D

I've mentioned this car in other threads but I'm going to say it again: Amuse S2000 R1. :) It handles like a dream and has great braking power. I did slight modifications to the original version though (just changed all the parts to "Racing" and weight reduction, but did not do any NA engine tuning for more horsepower). The original version without any extra modifications is still pretty amazing to drive. You can easily beat cars with much more power ;).

I think the lancer evos are the best allround cars in the game
they're reasonably cheap with great performance and can be tuned to match
even the racecars.
But I think my favorit car will be the mercedes 2.5-16 evolution II

My favorite as of now (even though I dont have GT4) is the M3 CSL. The giant killer, faster than the SLR at the ring!!! Fully tuned I'm gunning to beat the JGTC and teach the M3 GT3 a thing or two.

I'm pleased with the mopars they put in the game this time around... But my fav if it is in the US version is the Chrysler 300C if not... it would have to be the Charger or SuperBee 👍

scyclone538
I am most looking froward to the GNX and S7. I am not looking forward to 50 skylines, I might try to get 100% without ever driving one

I doubt thats possible..

Anyways, i would like the 69' Camaro, IROZ, a all the Vettes, basicly all the muscle cars. Most favorite would probally be the old old Z06 race car(with split window?)

syclone538
I am most looking froward to the GNX and S7.

I am not looking forward to 50 skylines, I might try to get 100% without ever driving one.

Not gonna happen mate, there is a skyline cup so you'll have to use some sort of Skyline at one point or another. Although at the moment my favorite Skyline has to be the 73' GT-R, the engine sounds loveley.

Oh yeah the Rabbit GTi is awesome in stock form as well.

z06camaro
I doubt thats possible..

Anyways, i would like the 69' Camaro, IROZ, a all the Vettes, basicly all the muscle cars. Most favorite would probally be the old old Z06 race car(with split window?)

This one? I have it but I haven't used it yet because I spent a while setting up the normal C2 vette.

spooony
I've mentioned this car in other threads but I'm going to say it again: Amuse S2000 R1. :) It handles like a dream and has great braking power. I did slight modifications to the original version though (just changed all the parts to "Racing" and weight reduction, but did not do any NA engine tuning for more horsepower). The original version without any extra modifications is still pretty amazing to drive. You can easily beat cars with much more power ;).

👍 Another vote for the Amuse S2000 R1. Amazing car in GT4 and in the real world.

I don't have the game yet, however, I was expecting the DB9, Elise 111R and SLR to be my favorite cars. However, I also enjoyed driving the stock Subaru Legacy B4 2.0GT ('03) at Citta Di Aria in GT4P. The car is so predictable it's amazing.

Just my 2 cents.. :)

The Locust
Hey I got the same color MKI! I wanted the silver one though, so I might have to do it a couple more times in order to get it. Looks great, but what's up with the camber? German cars don't use camber, that's a J-Spec thing. =)

I was getting horrible wheelspin every time the damn thing touched a curb, although I don't think i've bought an LSD for it yet. So I was trying to get a bit more grip off those front tyres.

So the S2000 R1 is good then? What's the opera Performance S2000 like?

I'm going straight for the 4th generation Prelude VTEC.

One of the most under-rated FF cars on the market, not to mention the game.

The version featured in sold in the Japan - the difference from its US counterpart being the addition of limited slip, raised compression, and an optional (rather then standard) sunroof.

The car makes use of hondas brute 4 cylinder, the 2.2L DOHC VTEC H22A. The drivetrain delivers 200 horsepower and a flat, meaty torque curve through a limted slip differential and a 4.27 final drive. Though a heavy motor, the block leans back over the axle to within inches of the firewall, unlike the RSX and integra B-series motors which are tilted foward toward the radiator. The suspension is double-wishbone front and rear, with reduced bumpsteer in the rear when again compared to the integra chassis.

Acceleration tests result in segment-leading performance, even in today's market, with 1/4 mile times reported by major automotive publications traditionally in the 15.0-15.1 range, with a trap speed of 93 mph.

The 4th generation prelude has a rich racing history, with a dominating performance in the Motorola Cup, which is now known as the Speed World Challenge. (When the prelude was eligible). The prelude finished is eligible professional racing career by being "classed-out" of competition when it was decided the car should run with Camaros, M3's, Supras, etc.

The basic chassis of the 4th generation prelude doesn't go along with todays newer, taller, skinner coupes - when in production, there was room in the market for a low, wide, high-end FF coupe that could run circles around most of the competition.

The prelude responds very well to mods. An H22 with a custom made header, intake, race exhaust (no muffler or cat...), and no power steering showed a 30 horsepower increase, dyno proven, at the wheels.

Recently, the JUN Lemon 4th generation prelude when up against some stiff competition in Best Motoring shootout:

- Jun Auto Prelude
- NER S13 Nissan Silvia Q's 4
- Phase C17 Accord
- J's Racing S2000
- Central 20 Fairlady Z33
- Honda Amuse S2000

All the driver's were poking fun at the prelude before hand, saying "its not a real car" & "its a good car to take a date out on but thats it"... well, after they got behind the wheel, they were all shocked at the lap times and had nothing but awesome things to say about it - don't have the lap times handy but if I remember correctly, it beat just about everything that showed up.

and if for no other reason: my old car :)

some pictures:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid17/pb0382655207bd44948a1f43c8f7d7c23/fdfaa41c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p7fb6eb832947a553c028f5582d8e26b5/fd528c3f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/pbe8719c3897aae81fbc4f004ab51ba45/fd528c39.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p790e229701cbef6151be233fc82ae418/fd528c00.jpg

Taneras
Fully tuned 2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra-R :P

2005 Ford GT will be sweet too. The Shelby GT350 and the Cobra 427 are cool too 👍

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER NOT THE KIND OF SPOILER ON A CAR SPOILER SPOILER BUT A GAME SPOILER SPOILER

No kidding, the Ford GT LM Race Spec II is a MONSTER, and almost perfect handling/braking! Perfect prize car for the final championship in Professional Hall

END OF SPOILER END OF SPOILER END OF SPOILER END OF SPOILER END OF SPOILER

The Locust
No kidding, the Ford GT LM Race Spec II is a MONSTER, and almost perfect handling/braking! Perfect prize car for the final championship in Professional Hall

Damn you! Now I know i'm going to win that!
Must........Erase.........Memory

Damn.

I will probley get a Mini Cooper S in British Racing Green with white bonnet stripes. I will race that for a while. Then I will get a Mitsubishi Eclipse or a Toyota Supra.

Back