GT3 not an "open forum" ?

SportWagon

Premium
Canada
Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario, Canada. (aka GT2t
If I restrict my ego search to "Gran Turismo 3", or even only to "Gran Turismo", I find threads to which I have contributed in the "Gran Turismo 3" forum.

E.g.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27118

But if I do my ego search on "All Open Forums", although I find GTPlanet News threads and both Gran Turismo 1 and Gran Turismo 2 threads, I don't find the above.

I should go check my "Search Child" setting . . .

I had "search children" checked.

Ah, but here's the key to the problem, I think.

If you restrict the search to (admittedly reasonably) "1 week or newer", the posts are found.

So some table must be overflowing when you say "all posts" (the default).

I would suggest changing default for searching to "1 month or newer".

It always seemed to me that there must be some way of optimizing a search based on what you expect the user to use. I.e. One should be able to guess a time restriction to use to get the first page, even if the user claims not to want a time restriction. But that might be pretty advanced interface research, and I'm not suggesting you or the board developers contemplate doing anything like that at all soon. (and for all I know, they may do something like that, anyway . . . )

If you want to see all of your threads, click on "Find all threads by SportWagon" in your user profile page.

Jordan
If you want to see all of your threads, click on "Find all threads by SportWagon" in your user profile page.
I can't today reproduce the problem when I do a simple (to me) search for all threads containing posts by "SportWagon" (with no keywords, from any date).

At the time of posting these two threads, it appeared that certain threads would be missed, as I indicated, unless I restricted the time range of the search.

Perhaps that was a problem and it was fixed?

I actually want all threads to which I have contributed, not only ones I started. Plus (whining a little here) I can't seem to find my profile without first finding a post by me (okay that's not too hard, but if there's another way. . . Okay, I see there's one in the top right corner of this form right here. But in any case, I want to see threads to which I have contributed, not only threads I started).

Back