Supercar Festival problems

• Thread starter setmin33
  • 137 comments
I entered the Supercar Festival with my Cerbera Speed 12 and decided to do Infineon Raceway first. So I start the race and it says it will be a 1pt. A-Spec race so I thought this will be easy :). I start going down the straight and I couldn't even keep up with the Spyker C8. I was in shock! Next thing I know I'm 6 sec. down :crazy:. Does anyone have any suggestions please.

I did one of the races with the Speed 12 too and I agree that it should be worth more than one point, but I didn't find it too difficult (no Spyker though, although I've never really thought of that as that quick). My TVR was still beasting everything on the straights so wasn't too bad. Have you tried using the Spyker....? Will give you a shout when I next get round to it if I find a better solution. :)

The Saleen S7 is almost as good as a full-blown race car. Almost. No one will be able to hang with you if you're in that car.

Oshow
The Saleen S7 is almost as good as a full-blown race car. Almost. No one will be able to hang with you if you're in that car.

Agree, S7 with stage 2 tuning for me...Highly recommend upping the brakes too.
I made the mistake of entering the first race without checking what tyres were fitted, wondering why on earth the car just wasn't stopping or turning I'd forgotted I'd left the N tyres on from a mess about session :crazy: d'oh

A-Spec points go solely on the vehicle mass compared to the lead AI car and vehicle PWR compared to the lead AI car (lead meaning "car which, if used by the player, would score the least A-Spec points). The Speed 12 has a low weight (so low points), massive power and therefore a humongous PWR (so REALLY low points).

It DOESN'T take into account that the Speed 12 is rather a handful, so the AI with an on-paper poorer car will leather you through the twisties.

MasterRusty
Agree, S7 with stage 2 tuning for me...Highly recommend upping the brakes too.
I made the mistake of entering the first race without checking what tyres were fitted, wondering why on earth the car just wasn't stopping or turning I'd forgotted I'd left the N tyres on from a mess about session :crazy: d'oh
If you put a stage 2 turbo on it can you still race in the supercar festival? Because it says: unmodified cars only.

I did all the races again with the Speed 12 and I found it pretty easy, Infineon was the hardest race I had to do that twice, I messed up nearthe end twice on the same lap the first time so I had to do it again.

Being good in the Speed 12 requires more patience than pretty much any other car in GT4 (at least any other non-race car or thoes sub 1Bhp ancient wagons), I put a rear wing on mine and incresed the downforce, you can enter the supercars festival with a rear wing no problem. Also use the TCS, if theres any car that neads it it's the speed 12, I had mine set to 3 but you may wat to put it a bit higher. Once you've got used to the precise throttle control needed to drive that car fast you'll win all thoes races with it by a nice margin.

I had trouble with these races until I figured a few things out. Make sure that you buy a wing for your car, the downforce helps a lot. I tried many cars inluding the Zonda, Viper, SLR but had a real hard time getting first for a few of the races. I bought the Nissan R390(correect name?) road car and won very easily(25+sec)

Before trying this seriesi thoguht it was so hard bc everyone is having trouble with them. I used that Yellow Ruff and got OWNED. Then one day i got bored and bought a bmw m5, I forgot it had 7 gears. I b-spec the whole series with this car, always came first. I fully tunned it and played with suspension/transmision.

I need help!

I used b spec on the new york course and NO machine can win that course! it's cause of wall crashes even if i AM at 'speed: slow down' I've burned my money and tuned up a Viper, S7.. and most others crash as well as these two.. what do i do? can it be won on BSPEC?

setmin33
I entered the Supercar Festival with my Cerbera Speed 12 and decided to do Infineon Raceway first. So I start the race and it says it will be a 1pt. A-Spec race so I thought this will be easy :). I start going down the straight and I couldn't even keep up with the Spyker C8. I was in shock! Next thing I know I'm 6 sec. down :crazy:. Does anyone have any suggestions please.

I used the Ford GT no problem, all stock parts. Even though its a handful just to break using that car.

I done this race with a bone stock Ford GT, the Cadillac CIEN on NY was a bit tough to catch as I spun on the first lap, but wasnt too hard overall.

I did all of the races in this championship using a Ford GT '05, slightly modded (ie new brakes, suspension, stage 1 NA) and won fairly easily. The Tommy Kaira ZZII gave me a little trouble on Midfield, and the Nardo was pretty persistent on Infineon, but I came through comfortably in the end. The GT has no brakes and handles fairly poorly too, but the acceleration is amazing. I race much better from the front, which is why it worked for me so well. :)

setmin33

hey there i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago best way to win is buy a ford gt 40 05 edition a and tune it to the max!!!!!! then ou will win easily ... :cool:

I ran a Ford GT tuned to about 590HP. Buy racing brakes, and softer sport tires. New York was a challenge for me, but I got it my second try. The AI rammed me into the wall with less than 200ft to the finish line and I was in first. Lets just say next race I would have been ejected for reckless driving :crazy:.

Make sure you brake before the red gear indicator pops up. Driving that thing with less than racing tires is crazy.

I tried to get in with a fordGTconcept (prize at tsucuba wet),but the red lines said "unmodified cars".How do u upgrade your cars and enter this race?

Easiest series ever if you use an R34 Skyline.....maxed out. You'll have 0 problems on any of the courses due to the Skyline have a **** load of horses (800+) and awd to back it up in the handling dept. Also with AWD your tires wear evenly, so that allows u to use sport soft tires without ever having to pit. Trust me it can't get any easier. If you have a little bit of skill you can even win this series with a Mitsu Lancer EVO VIII.

xbadkarmax
I need help!

I used b spec on the new york course and NO machine can win that course! it's cause of wall crashes even if i AM at 'speed: slow down' I've burned my money and tuned up a Viper, S7.. and most others crash as well as these two.. what do i do? can it be won on BSPEC?

get your b spec points up or learn to drive better

Is this in Professional hall? If it is, it is damn hard!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to break my GT4 copy!!! It keeps proving to me that I suck at this game. I can`t pass New York with SLR with allowed upgrades (brakes, suspension etc); first two races I have won, but this New York..grrr....Then I realised that this Tommy Kaira 00 is so fast, I bought it, then tried to enter the race, and I couldn`t!!!!!! WTF, the game can drive it, I can`t????!!!!!!! Gees!!! Which car should I use to win these races easily??? BUT E-A-S-I-LY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not easy as like +3 sec, but +25 sec!!! Please guys, help me, I am so sad :(

Just buy the saleen s7 best car in game for the money, heck i even won a series against race cars with it (hardest opponent was camaro race car). Stock i won these races with 10-30 second leads.

Leppter
Just buy the saleen s7 best car in game for the money, heck i even won a series against race cars with it (hardest opponent was camaro race car). Stock i won these races with 10-30 second leads.
that is exactly what I wanted to hear!! Thank mate ;)
tommorow I am going to kick some VW Nardo ass!!!!! :)

I got a better idea. Just buy a Ford GT. That's what I did and I leathered everything easily. And you get more then just a measly point.

Virgin Oil Change will give it just over 550+ HP.

pathardo6
I used the Ford GT no problem, all stock parts. Even though its a handful just to break using that car.

I agree the braking does suck on this car. But it's still a lot cheaper then all the other Supercars in this class. You'll have to brake really early with this car.

Hyperglide
I got a better idea. Just buy a Ford GT. That's what I did and I leathered everything easily. And you get more then just a measly point.

Virgin Oil Change will give it just over 550+ HP.

I agree the braking does suck on this car. But it's still a lot cheaper then all the other Supercars in this class. You'll have to brake really early with this car.

Here's my dimelma.....

All races done with the GT but for some unknown reason the GT wont cut it on the NY track. Neither will the Merc Mclaren

I have 2.5 Million credits to spend and now because of a memory card issue no cars.... (thread to follow)

What do I now buy as money is no object?

A "Purchased" Viper with S3 tyres, Exhaust & a Chip is more than enough to handle these guys. NO N/A or Turbo Upgrades necessary!...O.G.
old.gif

EDITED 10 OCT 05... When I first ran this I hadn't even discovered how to turn off the ASM & TCS!!! :banghead: Just re-ran it & the Exhaust & Chip are NOT necessary! 👍

"A-Spec points go solely on the vehicle mass compared to the lead AI car and vehicle PWR compared to the lead AI car (lead meaning "car which, if used by the player, would score the least A-Spec points). The Speed 12 has a low weight (so low points), massive power and therefore a humongous PWR (so REALLY low points). "

actually, tire choice affects the a-spec points too.

Puschkin
Is this in Professional hall? If it is, it is damn hard!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to break my GT4 copy!!! It keeps proving to me that I suck at this game. I can`t pass New York with SLR with allowed upgrades (brakes, suspension etc); first two races I have won, but this New York..grrr....Then I realised that this Tommy Kaira 00 is so fast, I bought it, then tried to enter the race, and I couldn`t!!!!!! WTF, the game can drive it, I can`t????!!!!!!! Gees!!! Which car should I use to win these races easily??? BUT E-A-S-I-LY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not easy as like +3 sec, but +25 sec!!! Please guys, help me, I am so sad :(

PLEASE, SLR is got to be the MOST overrated super-car ever in both the real world and GT4. The FR setup, 1800kg of weight, long wheelbase etc. don't make it a great track car. Stop using it on the track.

But I have to admit it looks so damn cool.

Back