New Fastest Lap Times Thread

• Thread starter burnout060
  • 19 comments
This is a thread to compare fastest lap times between all of the drifters in this forum. However, that does not mean drifting is neccessary for you to post your fastest lap. If you ran an amazingly fast time at Midfield with ASM and TCS turned all the way up, go ahead and post. If you're using standard tires and drifting every corner, post your fastest lap as well. Like I said, this is just a place to compare lap times and create friendly constructive conversations 👍

Here is all the information on how you should go about replying to this thread. Eventually I'll start compiling and maintaining this thread to display different lap times for each style of racing and each tire catagory.

Fastest Laps
If you're making a "Fastest Lap" post this is the format you should follow:

1. Track Name (Normal or Reverse), also mention any special conditions (such as weather, or if you racing other cars at the time)

2. Car Name

3. HP (you may list the torque as well, but it's not needed)

4. Modifications (if you have a wing, which weight reduction, if you have a rollcage, etc.)

5. Tires (Give the catagory of tires and the specific tires for up front and in the rear)

6. Your ASM and TCS settings for the car

7. Whether you were Grip or Drift Racing (whichever happened on the majority of the corners)

8. If you used a combination of grip and drift, then explain exactly what you did here

Fastest Laps for One Track
When you're posting your top times for a single track (with multiple cars) use this method. It's much better to choose one style of racing for each track (grip or drift) and one kind of tires for each track (standard/sports/racing), otherwise you'll have to explain what style and tires you were using for each individual car. If you use the same style and tires, you only need to tell us the information at the beginning of the post, when you're explaining your fastest laps.

Here's my Top 9 drift times at Trial Mountain using Racing Tires (Medium/Hard):

1. 1967 Chaparral 2D Racecar (991 HP) - 1:25.379
2. 1993 Nissan SILVIA K's AERO (S14) (420 HP) - 1:28.183
3. 1992 Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD,J) (603 HP) - 1:28.796
4. 1998 SILEIGHTY (451 HP) - 1:28.828
5. 1995 NISMO GT-R LM Road Going Version (581 HP) - 1:28.868
6. 1991 Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) (419 HP) - 1:29.602
7. 1990 Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC,J) (411 HP) - 1:30.038
8. 1994 NISMO 270R (528 HP) - 1:32.151
9. 2000 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX S.S. Version (311 HP) - 1:32.518

Fastest Lap Replays
Also, I'd like for people with VCCs to try capturing their fastest laps and posting them in this thread. I personally don't have a VCC, but I know a friend in Boston who has a PS2 and VCC, so at some point in the coming months I will also be posting numerous fastest lap videos. You may set your replays to music of your choice, but when capturing a Fastest Lap Replay you should have it in Normal Mode with all of the instrument panels (RPMs, MPH, etc) turned ON. We want to be able to see your section times and lap times. No dive replays. You can switch to chase view or bumper view(either forwards or reverse) occaisionally, but try not to do entire laps with these views. These are not really RULES, but general guidelines that should be followed if possible.

So get out there and do what GT4 does best.

RACING!

Thanks go to Swift and Der Alta for helping create this thread.

Perhaps you can tell us what tires you are using? So I know what ot run against.

It'll be sometime tomorrow... I have B-spec doing the 24 hour Ring race...

Here's my Top 9 drift times at Trial Mountain using Racing Tires (Medium/Hard):

1. 1967 Chaparral 2D Racecar (991 HP) - 1:25.379
2. 1993 Nissan SILVIA K's AERO (S14) (420 HP) - 1:28.183
3. 1992 Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD,J) (603 HP) - 1:28.796
4. 1998 SILEIGHTY (451 HP) - 1:28.828
5. 1995 NISMO GT-R LM Road Going Version (581 HP) - 1:28.868
6. 1991 Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) (419 HP) - 1:29.602
7. 1990 Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC,J) (411 HP) - 1:30.038
8. 1994 NISMO 270R (528 HP) - 1:32.151
9. 2000 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX S.S. Version (311 HP) - 1:32.518

Why would you wanna know the fastest lap time of the drifters? To compair to the grip racers? dont take offense just curious...

just seems like the wrong forum to ask that in

antisport.net
Why would you wanna know the fastest lap time of the drifters? To compair to the grip racers? dont take offense just curious...

just seems like the wrong forum to ask that in

We've been there already bud. Let's just say that this is a showcase for lap times. Not a competion. Much like the drift photomode thread. We all know that grip is faster then drift, but that's not what this thread is about. We're just showcasing lap times, that's all.

Just ran some fun at Trial Mountain using Soft Sports tires on a Mazda Autozam AZ-1. Full tune, 123 HP, with spoiler. NOS as well.

1'35.098

I use a mixture of drift and grip racing techinques. The car does get sideways often, but just barely, with minimal countersteer (if any) and rarely any smoke. Some corners get gripped at entry, some at exit, some always. Others get the full tire smoke drift, such as the turn into the last tunnel.

I'll get some more times up as I go...

This is probably really slow, but: TSUKUBA CIRCUIT **57.976 SEC**

CAR: Nissan Skyline R32 GTR Vspec ll

HP: 739 plus 100% Nitrous (yah, it's fast)

Mods: Wing, Racing suspension, brakes, LSD 1.5, the works :)

ASM TCS: all stock

VCD: 35%

And you left alot out as well NK4E...

I'm curious to see times... but tires and tuning needs to be known... or else its kinda a mute point o_O

EDITED FOR 86 DESTRUCTION

Ok, I wasn't gonna post my fastest lap times for SSR5 until I had 8 or 9 times, but after my first two cars ran there, I had to make a post right away, because this is unbelievable.

Here's my Top 3 drift times at Special Stage Route 5 (normal direction) using Racing Tires (Medium/Hard):

1. 2000 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX S.S. Version (315 HP) - 1:26.596
2. 1990 Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC,J) (411 HP) - 1:27.196
3. 1994 NISMO 270R (528 HP) - 1:27.197

HAHAHAHAHA :lol:

These times are not made up at all. I ran 6 or 7 laps with each car and those were my fastest lap times. Both cars have weight reduction stage 3, rollcage, and NOS at the default setting. Both cars had the same top speed of 165 mph, with the S14 accelerating to it a bit faster, but the FC taking corners at an average of 5-10 mph faster. I was drifting every corner, aside from those weird S-turns toward the end of the course (before that long right hander that goes uphill). I did not drift that section because I found it unneccessary, if you take the right angle on the first corner you barely need to turn the wheel (or D-pad... in my case :indiff: ) for any of those corners, so drifting them would really only slow me down, requiring extra time to setup for each corner, if you take the right angle and drift the last sharp right hander in that series of S-curves you can improve your lap times by a full second or so. Unless you're grip driving, then you probably already figured this out long ago.

EDIT: For some reason after running 11 or 12 laps with my turbo AE86 (top speed of 158 mph) with 315 HP I had already beaten my FC and NISMO S14 times by over half a second. It's incredible trying to keep up with the ghost in more powerful cars that can't take the turns as fast. So as of now, my 86 is my fastest car at SSR5!

Azuremen
Just ran some fun at Trial Mountain using Soft Sports tires on a Mazda Autozam AZ-1. Full tune, 123 HP, with spoiler. NOS as well.

1'35.098

I use a mixture of drift and grip racing techinques. The car does get sideways often, but just barely, with minimal countersteer (if any) and rarely any smoke. Some corners get gripped at entry, some at exit, some always. Others get the full tire smoke drift, such as the turn into the last tunnel.

I'll get some more times up as I go...

That's a darned good time considering the HP. My lowest HP car was my 86, and even that was at 315 HP. I'm surprised a car with that little HP could get sideways with racing tires. Is it really light weight?

euromk1s

Im sure you could go quicker, I got a 49.398 with my R33 GTR N1 744PS 70 shot nitrous no assists and R5 tyres.

My dead standard RUF CTR "Yellow bird" got a 57.848 no assists.

Maybe leaving assist as they are is slowing you down?

Burnout, I'm on SOFT SPORT tires... it has to to with the weight and wheel base...

I also managed some time in the 1'01.xxx with the same car on softs on Tsukuba...

Azuremen
Burnout, I'm on SOFT SPORT tires... it has to to with the weight and wheel base...

I also managed some time in the 1'01.xxx with the same car on softs on Tsukuba...

What's the top speed like on that 123 HP beast?

0-60?

Let me get the specs in a min..

I was topping out at 131 MPH on the back straight going full blast at 100 shot nitrous...

euromk1s

All the tuners that track their car on tsukuba(in real life) try to do a lap in under a minute. Knowing this, I did a lap on Tsukuba with a stock Spirit R in 58sec. This was in Prologue though. Love that car :)

Whats everybody's best Nurburgring times. It is an imense circuit, ive done over 30 laps and i still dont know it very well. I did it in 6:56 in a standard Gillet Vertigo.

My best standard, non racing car lap so far was the Mines Skyline GTR with 7:47.

It seems to me that the fastest lap times are always going to go to the car that either has more power or is lighter (or both), that's just general info, but when it comes to drifting, isn't a fast lap times thread somewhat irrelevant :scared:, just seeing as drifting is about style, not speed. I don't have a problem with speed drifting, in fact, I love to get in my Falken GT-R and hist some big slides at 120MPH+, yet it seems that despite the fact, drifting is still about style.

Not to stomp on your party, but those are just my thoughts.

</Vin>

Back