GT4 video that I made...

• Thread starter Paffleck
  • 22 comments
I'm sorry if this offends but that is a very average performance, you should take a look in the drift section for some real sideways stuff.

You need to get the car sliding for longer, it seems to be taking the grip back up too quickly leading to you coming out of the slide prematurely.

Good start tho, atleast you've got the video concept sorted out, maybe there's a few better settings out there for the car.

Try to addapt your settings or drifting style so that you can hold a drift much longer, I saw you sometimes had problems with it, special stage route 1st corner for example, you can stretch that one out REAL far with I think other settings, or a bit less angle, and try to drift the corner on trial mountain instead of skipping it (in the first part of the Trial Mountain clip). I have these problems too so don't think your not doing well or something, just keep it up:D:tup:

Edit: music sounded like........heaven came crashing to earth or something I don't know:scared:

That's a good start. Just keep pushing the envelope and I think you'll cecome very good. Also, try to minimize countersteer mid drift. the countersteer that you're doing is shortening your drift. Remember, with AWD, the line is the most important aspect of getting a smooth good looking drift.

Thanx for the constructive critisism! :) I know some of my drifts are short LOL but remember I am drifting with an AWD car and I had the fastest way of taking a corner and straightening the car right after the bend in mind. This is how I play in game by the way, and that is why my car looks/controls like that. Also I havent drifted ever since last year in a GT game, ever since I started playing Kaido Battle 2 (its another racing game from Japan). So I am trying to get used to drifting in Gran Turismo once again. I'm gonna practice some more coz as of now I am having trouble drifting with a FR car just like when I started drifting 2 years ago. Once again thanx for the comments! 👍

Paffleck
Thanx for the constructive critisism! :) I know some of my drifts are short LOL but remember I am drifting with an AWD car and I had the fastest way of taking a corner and straightening the car right after the bend in mind. This is how I play in game by the way, and that is why my car looks/controls like that. Also I havent drifted ever since last year in a GT game, ever since I started playing Kaido Battle 2 (its another racing game from Japan). So I am trying to get used to drifting in Gran Turismo once again. I'm gonna practice some more coz as of now I am having trouble drifting with a FR car just like when I started drifting 2 years ago. Once again thanx for the comments! 👍

Wow, I must say, VERY good start then after a year:tup: I have problems sometimes with those AWD cars too if it comes to how long I can drift, the revs. just slowly decrease after some seconds, is this something that really comes standard with drifting AWD cars? The LLLOOOOONNNG bend at apricot hill is something I hate VERY much cause of this problem. Or is this dropping rev. a power issue?

The thing I do with drifting AWD cars is not letting go of the gas I press it all the way through the turn and since the WRX has issues with understeer I find my self steering more into the turn rather than counter steering just like in a regular drift. It is really hard to do those wide turns with an AWD car specially the WRX, that is why I only included a few turns in the video. The only thing I noticed though is that (this is just me) when I drift, AWD is faster than my FR drift.

is this dropping rev. a power issue?

I dont think so, but you can always shift down as the RPM's go down and it should give you enough wheel spin to finish your drift. I could be wrong though, but thats what Ive been doing.

Drifting with AWD and FR feels and controls totally different... AWD drift for me is easier.

Paffleck
The thing I do with drifting AWD cars is not letting go of the gas I press it all the way through the turn and since the WRX has issues with understeer I find my self steering more into the turn rather than counter steering just like in a regular drift. It is really hard to do those wide turns with an AWD car specially the WRX, that is why I only included a few turns in the video. The only thing I noticed though is that (this is just me) when I drift, AWD is faster than my FR drift.

I dont think so, but you can always shift down as the RPM's go down and it should give you enough wheel spin to finish your drift. I could be wrong though, but thats what Ive been doing.

Drifting with AWD and FR feels and controls totally different... AWD drift for me is easier.

Thanks for some advice on this:) But the only thing is, that if I downshift thrue a LOONG corner, I immediatly get pushed to the inside of the bend, just like suddenly switching over to grip driving:indiff:

guys, try the mitsu in my sig. leave it stock, with asm tcs off, ayc 130, vdc 35%, stage 2 clutch. you'll get SWEET drifts out of this monster!

shima
guys, try the mitsu in my sig. leave it stock, with asm tcs off, ayc 130, vdc 35%, stage 2 clutch. you'll get SWEET drifts out of this monster!

I must go to school now, but I'll try it when I come home and post my comment about it to you, looks simple (settings) but looks extremely efective with the AYC set up so high:) It's probably the only thing you need for drifting long, cool turns:tup::D

What did you use a capture card? Nice video any ways. I'm surprised you're drifting an AWD car...Not a lot of people can drift AWD that good...Great job 👍

Paffleck, it looks like your WRX is way to low. Try a ride height around 95mm or higher. It just seemed that the weight transfer wasn't as fluid as it could be. Also, check your spring rates. If they're too tight, that would be a hinderance as well.

But it's certainly is a good beginning.

Interesting.....because that scooby is low and seems it has power and that your just down shifting to get the drift started and drifting on the redline has begun

Back