FF Drift

How can you get an FF to drift besides putting teh front tires on N3 and back tires on N1?
Becase that works on meh Integra but I'm just wondering incase someone challenges meh in 2 player.
When I put N1's on both front and back I can only power slide.

i dunno bout in the game, but in real life, the use of the handbrake is very important. from the sounds of it, youre just going at the turn without touching the handbrake and just powering through the turn. my ps2 is being fixed right now, so i cant really try it out, but ya, kinda blip the handbrake to get the backend loose, and when it starts getting going straight again, use the handbrake again. just keep on doing it throughout the turn.

Ass drag is cranking on the e-brake and letting the ass end of the car be pulled around the corner.

Well then you can't drift with a FF then, unless I'm completly stupid to some fact.

a while back, emohawk and i developed some gt3 settings for the ITR and FTO that would allow one to do things that looked like rwd drift. it was actually quite a challenging setup, as you had to basically have the handbrake on and modulate not only turning with the driving wheels, but power so you didn't drive off the inside of the track

i got to the stage where i could drive around the large couple of increasing loops on complex string, perpendicular to the road, just using what i could see of the inside ripple strip to control the car. it looked awesome on replays :)

FF drift is not impossible. You just have to throw it around more, occasionally pull the e-brake during countersteer(throttle can be tricky some times). I drift a Civic EG all the time on GT4. with the right settings and technique, its very possible, and very fun.

It's very possible to drag the rear end around in a FF. It just takes a bit of weight shift and a LOT of ebrake. :cool:

And its not really drifting... in my opinion...

Also... an FF can NOT powerslide... as a powerslide is induced by overwhelming the rear wheels of the car with engine power...

Not the exact oppisite...

Azuremen
And its not really drifting... in my opinion...

Also... an FF can NOT powerslide... as a powerslide is induced by overwhelming the rear wheels of the car with engine power...

Not the exact oppisite...

"Drifting is a high-skill level motor-sport in which drivers control a car while it slides from side to side at high speed through a fixed course."

How is it not drifting in this case? There are respected FF drifters out there, and acknowledged by the Drift King. Here's a name for you to know: K. Hatakeyama - currently drifts for team Falken in a Civic hatch, along with Koguchi.

apexd1fd3s
"Drifting is a high-skill level motor-sport in which drivers control a car while it slides from side to side at high speed through a fixed course."

How is it not drifting in this case? There are respected FF drifters out there, and acknowledged by the Drift King. Here's a name for you to know: K. Hatakeyama - currently drifts for team Falken in a Civic hatch, along with Koguchi.

Hmm...well. I'm just not big into the FF thing. But at the same time, I won't stop someone else from giving it a shot.

By all means do it, It's just that watching a car slide across the screen with the rear wheels locked look strange to me.

I dunno, when I first saw someone drifting FF, which was the guy I mentioned(Hatakeyama).. I was amazed to see an FF do a full countersteer drift. Then when I saw him perform in real life, he was doing twin drifts with Koguchi's 180SX. If you can make an FF car do the same line with your typical drift cars, that's something amazing. I guess its just something you guys gotta experience... but I understand what you guys saying. its all good, just sharing my opinion :)

extreme car
I think drifting in an FF is harder in GT4.... I couldn't even make an stock EK9 to lost the rear traction....

how are you initiating it? good thing bout FF drifting is you can initiate the drift really early and slide straight before entering a corner. Weight transfering is just as important in FF, just make sure you approach it in the correct manner. I don't really recommend trying to drift with a completely stock ff car.. won't really produce the results you want.

FF Drift in GT4 is much easyer with the current weight system in place.
in my own exp with FF cars if you accel in to the corner do your turn in. off accel hit foot brake you will get very sideways as the front slows the Rear of the car trys to over take the rest of the car, useing hand brake to blance it out. Least thats what I'v found.

FF drifting is very fun once u get the settings right....
I posted a setting for the '78 Mirage 1400GLX at the "Drift Settings Depot" thread
go check it out

...watching a car slide across the screen with the rear wheels locked look strange to me.

People say this a lot, especially about FF but also about people not usin the e-brake cause it's cheap, but if you watch the pros, they use the ebrake too. You can see it in car, you can see it out of car when they distinctly lock the rear wheels. I think it's some seriously skewed egotism about being too cool for the e-brake. ( not sayin you mdnite, just a general observation. 8P )

you're right, e-brake is commonly used by the pros during competition, though their e-brakes are much more advanced- especially made for pro drifting. (HKS Genki S15 has an e-brake system which is completely adjustable during perforamance.. too bad we can't use it in GT4 ;) )

ok, ff drift is possible without using the ebrake. dont listen to all these ppl who says its only possible if u ass drag. i have a honda civic type r that i set up for only drifting and i never once used the ebrake.

Red Raevyn
People say this a lot, especially about FF but also about people not usin the e-brake cause it's cheap, but if you watch the pros, they use the ebrake too. You can see it in car, you can see it out of car when they distinctly lock the rear wheels. I think it's some seriously skewed egotism about being too cool for the e-brake. ( not sayin you mdnite, just a general observation. 8P )

I see what your saying, but there is a huge difference. Rear wheel drifters just pull the e-brake a tad second and let it go. On the other hand, Front wheelers have the e-brake down the WHOLE time. Don't get me wrong, I do e-brake often as well. You just won't see it often.

ok, ff drift is possible without using the ebrake. dont listen to all these ppl who says its only possible if u ass drag. i have a honda civic type r that i set up for only drifting and i never once used the ebrak

Well yes, but only with the proper lsd, and in the wet. This has been done before.

what do u mean only in the wet? i could do it in the dry also. your right about the lsd though, u need a 1 way to pull your self out of the drift.

Back