F1 Championship

Tomorrow I've decided to finally do this 15 race monstrosity. So what I wanna know is what'd you do to win? I can win Tokyo on B-Spec but I can get past sixth place on the Motegi Oval. Are there settings you can recommend or somthing else that would help me out?

Prize car: Mercedes Sauber C9 '89

Be prepared for relentless AI if you A-Spec. If you B-Spec, it should pretty much be a cakewalk, as long as you monitor the B-Spec driver...no fire & forget, especially at tracks like Laguna Seca (everyone will go off track) and Nürburgring.

Adjust the tranny for each track. I use the tranny glitch (search for that) and leave just a bit at the top end for drafting opportunities.

I also set the Ride Height at about 50/50...slamming the car does not work for the Formula cars. They need suspension travel to work. I set the Bound/Rebound at 6/6 each, which works for my driving style (aggressive, late apex turns)

I also eliminated the rear toe, and set the camber to 2.5/1.0...once again that's what works for me.

Do not radically adjust the brake settings. I went to 4/4 from 3/3 because I brake very late on turns.

Obviously, max downforce, which is the default.

When driving, be cautious to not arbitrarily lift in a turn. The front tires have the best "bite" under constant acceleration, and a lift can cause the front end to wash out...very annoying at high speed.

cap'n crunch032
Tomorrow I've decided to finally do this 15 race monstrosity.

:lol: I hope you're NOT going to attempt it in ONE Day!!! :eek: It took me SIX Days to complete! (Real Days, NOT "Game Days") I did it all in A-Spec & thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The Formula GT Ride just demands your Full & Complete attention is all! Good advice from NoQuarter but with a good set-up it's NOT much of a challenge. You'll win most by 5-7 Laps except for the "Ring. Too bad the "AI" isn't quicker! :indiff: ...O.G. :D

I tried stock and with out tuning and won all execpt I did B spec on the Nur (some how I just cant win on that track with the F1) but I won all with a average of 2 laps.

There's no way I'm going to A-Spec it, I just don't have the time and the patience to do that. I figured I'd just B-Spec it and read this book I have to read for english.

cap'n crunch032
There's no way I'm going to A-Spec it, I just don't have the time and the patience to do that. I figured I'd just B-Spec it and read this book I have to read for english.
well it took me more than a week to do it .I did 1 race in the morning and 1 at night .

if you have 6k+ b spec points, it shouldnt be a problem. just identify his weak spots on certain tracks and guide him through it. if you get 80-90 points, you should win. So you can skip some races.

Old Geezer
:lol: I hope you're NOT going to attempt it in ONE Day!!! :eek: It took me SIX Days to complete! (Real Days, NOT "Game Days") I did it all in A-Spec & thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. The Formula GT Ride just demands your Full & Complete attention is all! Good advice from NoQuarter but with a good set-up it's NOT much of a challenge. You'll win most by 5-7 Laps except for the "Ring. Too bad the "AI" isn't quicker! :indiff: ...O.G. :D

it can be done in a few hours with b spec. yea nurburing was kind of a pain but my driver still pulled it off despite making some mistakes. he has around 6200 points.

I think I only did 11 of of the 15 races to win the F1 championship. I had enough points in the standing to allow me to forfeit the last few races :) If I feel like it, I'll still go back to finish the remaining races individually.

Just finished it today, racing either on ASpec and BSpec.
Won at the Ring on BSpec by pitting in every single lap, while notorious Polyphony A.I. Nerds did it every two when tyres last only one and a half... :lol:

Bruttospritz
Just finished it today, racing either on ASpec and BSpec.
Won at the Ring on BSpec by pitting in every single lap, while notorious Polyphony A.I. Nerds did it every two when tyres last only one and a half... :lol:

i let mine pit every 2 laps :)

So you will be racing against other F1s? I thought I would take this race easy with my Mintola.

Oh well , I'll just give the car more hell and do El Captain 200 miles and get another one.

THATS AFTER I FINISH MY Nurb 24 hours:)

hitman146
i think you just need a bit of luck and a good setup to win

Thank you for that that astute observation :rolleyes:

Luck has nothing to do with winning these races. A "good setup" can have a little to do with it. Driving skill has everything to do with it.

it's not that hard of a championship to win. I B-Speced the whole thing with the red F1 I won at the Nurb. 24hrs. my B-Spec driver won every single race. I didn't play with the car's settings, JUST QUALIFIED HIM FOR FIRST PLACE AT EVERY RACE.

I b-speced most of it. I did practice / qualify so my driver could start up front...my b-spec driver takes too long to work his way up through traffic. I did have to constantly monitor and nurse him through most of each race, changing the speed setting at particular curves (at least in b-spec I was able to 3x so it didn't take as long). I had to drive a significant amount at Laguna Seca because my driver could not stay on the track...and neither could the AI drivers.

I finished 2nd at Motegi by .001 seconds but won all the other races.

No tuning I just drove the car as is.

I actually won most races due to what I would call "pit strategy"

When I "qualified" I was usually 3-4 seconds faster than the AI. I think I may have been 7 seconds on one of the races.

I have about 6300 b-spec points.

I don't think you will be able to b-spec the races and walk away and read your book.

Even though I b-speced most of the series I feel like I participated significantly to the victories because I qualified the car and constantly "coached" the driver.

Pat_Bake
JUST QUALIFIED HIM FOR FIRST PLACE AT EVERY RACE.
That is so true. If you B-spec driver starts at the end, there will ALWAYS be a couple of really slow opponents blocking him. In the meantime, the 1st AI are is pulling farther and farther away! By the time you driver makes it to 3rd or 2nd place, eventhough he may be faster, there may not be enough laps remaining to win :guilty:

supergoop
That is so true. If you B-spec driver starts at the end, there will ALWAYS be a couple of really slow opponents blocking him. In the meantime, the 1st AI are is pulling farther and farther away! By the time you driver makes it to 3rd or 2nd place, eventhough he may be faster, there may not be enough laps remaining to win :guilty:

or come pit time, you come back out last and have a mountain to climb.

Did it A-Spec in Audi R8 on steroids....didn't own F1 car at the time....

Had some trouble winning, but strategy and pit stops helped alot

Rustye
Did it A-Spec in Audi R8 on steroids....didn't own F1 car at the time....

Had some trouble winning, but strategy and pit stops helped alot

at first I tried it with the Minolta. in straights I was alright, but in curves they reallly made a fool of me and the car. so the only option was winning an F1. glad I did :sly:
and yes, pit strategies matter. pit first, that's what I do...never came on the losing end yet

NoQuarter
Thank you for that that astute observation :rolleyes:

Luck has nothing to do with winning these races. A "good setup" can have a little to do with it. Driving skill has everything to do with it.

👍 👍 👍 ...O.G. :D

And "SHAME" on you guys running a Formula GT in this series! :irked: You'd get a LOT more Satisfaction winning with an EQUAL or LESSER Ride! :indiff:

EDIT: No, "SHAME" on ME!!! :embarrassed: (Thought I was still in the thread about the Gran Turismo World Championship!) :embarrassed:

BTW: You CAN tune to your "Heart's Content!" 👍 You can NOT however Upgrade the HP or Change the Tyres. NO need to change the Oil it seems. Almost 3,000 Miles on mine & Hp's still the same! 👍

Grip
isnt a Formula GT Equal, as you are racing them? And ther is NO Tuning?

Yeah, you are racing all F1 cars. You can change the settings of the car but not tune it. I dont know if any other cars (player) can hang with the F1. Much of the tracks in the championship series have lots of turns and the F1 car can take em with insane amount of speed. For instance, I was able to go 195mph (not exact number) on the s turn in Tokyo R246 but with Minolta car, it was slower.

I just finished mine last night...Drove all practice races to land pole position. B-Specd and A-Specd after the last pit in. Good experience for hard core GT4 fans. It made me be a better GT4 driver.

I started yesterday in the F1 I won before.
I use A spec and B spec for each race. I didn't change anything about the settings. Won the first 3 races quite easily, made about 40% of each in A spec.
Here is my tactic :
1. I try to push hard first, and get out of the field, then take a consistant lead
2. I let my b'spec driver doing the rest, but I stay around, checking if he handles well.
3. I finish the race by myself, or take a relay when the gap decreases

On the first race my b spec driver seemed to be able to win it on his own, but on the next 2, he surely could not. At new york, he just blasted the gap I earned, and I was obliged to take the last relay to be sure to win the race. My times are between 2 and 5 seconds better than the AI.

I think you don't need to change the settings, of course it should help, but it can be done without it, especially if you do it in a-spec. Using b-spec from time to time is useful in order to recover concentration and to reduce the overall time of the races. But like others before, I would recommend you to check if your b spec driver doesn't put the mess around !

Hope it helps.

Aspec the whole thing here.
Used the Minolta and won everything but Cote D'Azur.
The F1's were to fast for me on the flats near the end of the lap.
A great challenge using an LMP instead of the typical F1.

MDT
Aspec the whole thing here.
Used the Minolta and won everything but Cote D'Azur.
The F1's were to fast for me on the flats near the end of the lap.
A great challenge using an LMP instead of the typical F1.
Hiya MDT & WELCOME to the Planet! 👍 CONGRATS on besting the Formula GT's with an LMP Ride! :cheers: I suspected from the Margin Of Victory I found using the FGT ride that it was possible but haven't had time to try it myself. Again CONGRATS!...O.G. :D

Back