SRT-10 Beats out American Championship

iruledawordmofo

(Banned)
I was looking for a challenge, so I thought a souped up SRT-10 puts down about 100hp, which the race cars are a lot lighter and have similar power and a better power band.

So I buy a new Viper (black), put all the upgrades on, put my standard settings on it (14.4 springs, lowered, lower stabilizers, camber and some other stuff), put some medium races on the wheels and take it out.

I enter the championship, the competion is:

Esperante GTR-1 :yuck: :ill:
Viper Team Oreca :ill:
2D
GT Spec-I
GT40
Viper SRT-10 :sly:

Its on Seatle, old track from GT3, so I am not too woried about crashing into blind corners etc, but I am fairly concered about the competition, especailly the Panoz. It turns out to be a 6 point race (WTF?).

SEATLE
By the first hairpin, I cut into the inside of the old GT, but he outbrakes me and I almost hit the wall. Up the hill my car was really unstable, had to brake early (the whole front lifted up, the the whole rear :scared: ). Suprisingly the SRT has great stability and acceleration and I win out.

INFINEON
Not a familar track, raced it a few times, but not too sure about some of the braking points, I end up the the sand/grass a couple of time and ram into the hairpins a couple of times. I get a close second.

NEW YORK
I lengthen out the gearing, I really hate these block tracks, but I come first. The viper has some nice braking.

El Capitain
No idea about this track, done it a couple of times, too many hills/blind corners. 30 seconds in, I spin out (how i don't know) :ouch: I cause a major car stackup, but get knocked up pretty bad, I try for about a minute but can't catch up. I retire :indiff:

Laguna Seca
Fairly Familiar, I overbreak some points but I hit most corners at good speeds and claim a first.

Conclusion: I am not impressed by the AI, especially whatever was driving the team oreca, it should of tossed my viper around but it fell behind. However it is nice to see that now the Viper is represented like it is in real life (a track car for the street).

Something that caught my attention was how PEAKY the viper engine was (torque curve), I've seen real life dynos and it is fairly flat, Dodge claims I think 80% is avaliable abot 3000, but this engine was real peaky. I check the old GTS and it is as flat as a table. Why? Brakes are good, cornering ability is good, gets <1:50 laps around Capri.

iruledawordmofo
I was looking for a challenge, so I thought a souped up SRT-10 puts down about 100hp, which the race cars are a lot lighter and have similar power and a better power band.

So I buy a new Viper (black), put all the upgrades on, put my standard settings on it (14.4 springs, lowered, lower stabilizers, camber and some other stuff), put some medium races on the wheels and take it out.

I enter the championship, the competion is:

Esperante GTR-1 :yuck: :ill:
Viper Team Oreca :ill:
2D
GT Spec-I
GT40
Viper SRT-10 :sly:

Its on Seatle, old track from GT3, so I am not too woried about crashing into blind corners etc, but I am fairly concered about the competition, especailly the Panoz. It turns out to be a 6 point race (WTF?).

SEATLE
By the first hairpin, I cut into the inside of the old GT, but he outbrakes me and I almost hit the wall. Up the hill my car was really unstable, had to brake early (the whole front lifted up, the the whole rear :scared: ). Suprisingly the SRT has great stability and acceleration and I win out.

INFINEON
Not a familar track, raced it a few times, but not too sure about some of the braking points, I end up the the sand/grass a couple of time and ram into the hairpins a couple of times. I get a close second.

NEW YORK
I lengthen out the gearing, I really hate these block tracks, but I come first. The viper has some nice braking.

El Capitain
No idea about this track, done it a couple of times, too many hills/blind corners. 30 seconds in, I spin out (how i don't know) :ouch: I cause a major car stackup, but get knocked up pretty bad, I try for about a minute but can't catch up. I retire :indiff:

Laguna Seca
Fairly Familiar, I overbreak some points but I hit most corners at good speeds and claim a first.

Conclusion: I am not impressed by the AI, especially whatever was driving the team oreca, it should of tossed my viper around but it fell behind. However it is nice to see that now the Viper is represented like it is in real life (a track car for the street).

Something that caught my attention was how PEAKY the viper engine was (torque curve), I've seen real life dynos and it is fairly flat, Dodge claims I think 80% is avaliable abot 3000, but this engine was real peaky. I check the old GTS and it is as flat as a table. Why? Brakes are good, cornering ability is good, gets <1:50 laps around Capri.

Thanks For the info, im just about to do the Stars & Stripes Now, It was either Srt-10 Chappy 2D or Gt. 05

wish me luck guys.

Latest Posts

Back