• Thread starter a6m5
  • 84 comments

a6m5

#ChopOn
Premium
United States
OREGON
a6m5zero
I thought it would be fun to create an thread, where you could share your favorite concert experience with everybody*.

The best concert for me was Oasis, when they came to Portland, Oregon(USA). Blur & Paul McCartney concerts comes close, but the Oasis show edged them for the "Best" experience, because I got to shake hands with the Oasis guitarist Gem Archer! I was in my seat, surrounded by bunch of "Noel"(leader of the band) look-alikes, then comes two guys through the isle who look just like the Oasis guitarist and bassist. When I realized that they were actual band members, I almost screamed(I'm a huge fan) like a school girl. Andy Bell(Bass) looked p*ssed, so I let him walk by and reached my hand out to Gem, shook hands with him.

Added bonus to this concert was the opening band, Travis. They were totally unknown in the states at the time. They put on a great show and had way more personality than Oasis. Now, I'm a big enough fan of them to own all of their CD albums. 👍

What's your best concert experience?*

*Edit: I changed the title so you can share all the great shows you've been to, not just the "best" one. :)

Rush in Toronto, 2004. Absolutely mind blowing concert. No lame opening act, just 3+ hours of Rush playing kick ass songs. Alex, Neil, and Geddy were all at the top of their game that night, and they were able to cover pretty much everything I, or any Rush fan would want to hear (The only significant songs left out were Closer to the Heart, and more notably Freewill.). And Neil's drum solo is just utterly mind blowing when performed live. It's worth the entire concert just to see this if you're not a big Rush fan.

Next time they come through town, I'm definitley seeing Rush again. One of rock's finest live bands.

I've been to only one before. I'm going to Audioslave on the 26th though 👍

Anyways, the show I saw was Deep Purple at the Molson Amphitheater
Thin Lizzy opened, but their acoustics kinda sucked. The guitars were too high pitched and you couldn't hear the bassist at all.

Then Joe Satriani came in and blew me away with his crazy playing 👍. Lots of tracks from his new album, and a few old ones like Cool #9 and Surfing With The Alien.

Deep Purple were even better still. Ian Gilliam was joking around quite a bit, and overall, the whole band was just full of energy.

I went to a Prodigy concert in Amsterdam. Very expensive concert for me.

Its just the best live band out there. No one is better, noone. The vibe live is so intense. The prodgy always won the awards for "best live act". These british guys just dominate the stage when theyre out there. The music is so unique, every album of them is different from each other. They turned from kinda of a rave scene into electronic rock.

The MC makes the live show even more intense. Great guy. The band itsself is known to scare people off, mostly in the US, big contreversy with them. Mostly for Firestarter and the video of smack my ***** up.

Well here are some pics!

interview before the concert
interview3.jpg

p0.jpg

prodigy%2011.jpg

p7.jpg

p26.jpg

p16.jpg

maxim1.jpg

You dont see the master of the prodigy on those pics, so heres an older one:

05.jpg

Here are some small video clips, just so you can feel the vibe a lil. The bad quality kills it a lot though.

http://www.theprodigy.nl/indexfiles/Downloads/Live/liverecordings.html

heres a review by someone else, I dont remember much of the gig, I mean you just get wasted out there! never sweated that muich in my life. The guy who wrote this was standing on top of balcony on the side.

----------------------------

Prodigy began to play an intro before the first song Wake up Call. The whole black Box was crowded and Booom! The bass of Wake up Call boosts in, the whole crowd jumping. Everybody screaming and having fun.

Then Their Law began, one of the best live tracks in my opinion, everybody singing **** EM….!

Warning was next, also a great live track which the crowd appreciated, the party was going on! Keiths performance was great with all his expressions on his face imposing the audience.

Spitfire: Everybody screaming When I was in World War 3 they called me Spitfire! Maxim and Keith on the vocals, great live track!

Mr. Howlett had finished another new track that was to be played live for the first time, heay beats with an industrial flavour. I think it was in the style of Who u Foolin’ (if I’m right). Maxim and Keith on the vocals.

Breathe begins, everybody screaming jeaaah! Maxim and Keith confrontating eachother on stage.

Girls began, less live track but audience liked everything from the prodigy, morphing into More Girls made the crowd jump like hell again.

After More Girls Keith and Maxim left the stage Liam was alone with the keyboards and 8 blue lights turned on his set, very cool, Medusas Path began. Great track to build up the upcoming tracks.

After this song Keith and Jim came back on stage and Firestarter began. Nice performance of Keith, screaming his lungs out. Crowd was going crazy!

Hotride next, Keith doing his thing on stage, halfway through this track Keith disappears from stage… (Later I knew why, someone out of the audience threw a bottle at Keiths head.) The stage was empty but after a while Keith was back on stage with some blood on his head doing his thing again.

Concert continues... Back to School. On stage Maxim was on the right hand side of the stage and Keith on the left side of the stage, while making contact wit the audience.

The Way it is, with Maxim and Keith on stage. A great live track with sort of disco influence, very cool.

With Keith still on stage Mindfields starts. Maxim Kicking and punching in the air going crazy, what an energy!

Intro of Poison leading into to main track, Poison is and has always been a great live track, crowd going out of his mind!

Last track, Smack My ***** Up. One of the best live tracks of the evening, everytime u hear the scream in this song the lights went similar to the scream, very cool. At the end of SMBU Liam remains on stage alone while playing the outro, some sort of old school sound, very cool.

My first Prodigy concert and I must say “it’s a must do thing in your life”. Definitely not my last Prodigy concert!!

---------------------

Ok, my next gig is on 21. april in hamburg, Germany. Cant wait to go there!

Seeing slayer, when raining blood started...yes it's as good as you imagine XD

Corrrr I'd love to see prodigy live, the utterly rock.

Got the dvd of RHCP's Slane Castle gig. Was going to go the Hyde Park gig which is pretty similar to Slane, but couldn't afford it, so bought the CD :guilty:

I would love to see RHCP live though. The dvd shows them to be true performers.

Seen a wicked band perform many times in Leics. They're on pro level.

Wow I've had so many great experiences at concerts. But it's a toss up between the Motly Crue one and Ted Nugent.

With the Crue so many things happened there that I can not discuss on these forums. Let's just say there were midgets, strippers, and lots of drinking...among other things.

With the Nugent concert we sat in the 3rd row! It was freakin awesome!

My favorite has to be Eric Clapton. I love his style and the blues. He also played some good rock and roll too. My two favorite songs were " I Shot the Sheriff" (I don't really care for the album version but this was pure rock. He blew me away with like a 5 minute guitar solo) and "Cocaine" (God, now that was awesome!). Ahhhhhhh.........If only I could see it again........

G3 '04 that was pretty stonkin, apart from robert fripp who just sat in a corner making whale noises for half an hour. but seeing vai play the triple neck made up for that :D

AC/DC have single handedly shot down every other live act I've ever seen. These guys are just the best act to hear live. Their music suits live ear splitting volume better than any band I've ever seen. I've seen them 3 times and they never fail to impress. They're so tight, but then you get like that when you've been playing on the road for 30 plus years.

Live they're untouchable. Go see them if you ever get the chance. In fact there probably aren't many chances left after the next album. I hear Brian is considering calling it quits due to the enormous strain his style of screaming puts on his throat.

Honourable mentions list:

Black Sabbath (Reunion '99, all 4 original members)

Van Halen ('98 3 tour, no not the best singer they ever had but an excellent live show none the less)

Rush (SARS '03) Were so tight you'd of thought they popped in a CD and air jammed to it. Just like all the little pop princesses do today!
Def Leppard ('92 or '93 I think) Maybe it was because it was my first show but they rocked pretty good!

Blur ('03) My girlfriend wanted to see them so we went. They were pretty damn good too!

Go see AC/DC!

Well I have never been to a proper concert, just little local venues, but I'm going to the Download Festival in June, so i'm guessin thats gonna rule every other concert goin!!!!!!! \m/

Coleio
Well I have never been to a proper concert, just little local venues, but I'm going to the Download Festival in June, so i'm guessin thats gonna rule every other concert goin!!!!!!! \m/

Oh yeah, prodigy were going to that one, but I think they cancelled it, the managers at least.

Im not sure

I have also had so many great concert experiences ranging from Pantera, Slayer, Slipknot, Motley Crue, Rob Zombie, System of a Down, Deicide, Mudvayne, Soulfly, Hatebreed, Machine Head, Soil and many many more.

-The best stage show I ever saw was Rob Zombie when he toured with Mudvayne and Ozzy. I am not even a huge fan of Rob Zombie but his stage show was incredible. (I have to add that Ozzy sucks in concert)

-The 2nd best would have to be Slipknots stage show. They produce sooo much energy I get goose bumps just thinking about it. :) When the drummer lifts up on hydrolics and starts spinning slowly in the air then turns at a 90 degree angle that was just sick. And just pounding double bass the entire time!! Plus watching 7 guys on stage is amazing because the sound in person is hard to duplicate.

-Another great concert experience was when we went to see "Battery" the cover band for Metallica. During the middle of the concert the drummers girlfriend (who is very hot) walked out into the croud and took my girfriends hand and they walked up onto the stage and started grinding together then some of the other girls on stage did too. You can only imagine how incredible that was to see. :)

-Pantera because they are one of my favorite bands. Their show didnt consist of incredible pyro but it was just a lot of brutal energy!!

I went to a Calibretto concert (Hints my name) There had to be at least 500-600 people in a room about the size of a 3 car garage. It was packed. Just about The only dancing you could do was move your fingers. And it was effing hot. It had to be at least 90 in that room. They purposely turned down the A/C. But it was awesome.

Alright, it's not the "best concert experience ever", but I got to see the Killers in concert tonight. They played in this dump called "Roseland Theater". Great thing about this place is that worst seat in the house(most are G.A./Standing), is still a great seat that would've cost you top $ in the stadium/dome. I got there probably 30, 40 minutes early and were about 15-20 feet from the center of the stage. Not bad for $20 tickets!

They played almost all the songs from the album, couple of new songs, plus Indie Rock & Roll, which was my favorite "Killers" song. They really were top notch, and did not dissapoint. 👍 If you get a chance to see them, I highly recommend you check them out. :)

stumpydino
G3 '04 that was pretty stonkin, apart from robert fripp who just sat in a corner making whale noises for half an hour. but seeing vai play the triple neck made up for that :D

If you went to the gig in Bournemouth, then I was there too! Yeah, it was all amazing especially Satch Boogie, Searching (JS) and FTLOG (SV). RF kinda spoilt it really! Bring on Van Halen or David Gilmour! :sly:

Audioslave - it ended just an hour ago :D

The band was absolutely amazing. By the end of it, they were drenched in sweat and I was soaking in the sweat of all the people around me. I managed to fight my way to the front and stay there for the whole show :D

They played new stuff, old stuff, Rage Against The Machine, and Soundgarden :D

If they're coming to your town, check it out 👍

I do have to say though, the volume for their opening band was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too high 👎

emad
Audioslave - it ended just an hour ago :D

The band was absolutely amazing. By the end of it, they were drenched in sweat and I was soaking in the sweat of all the people around me. I managed to fight my way to the front and stay there for the whole show :D

They played new stuff, old stuff, Rage Against The Machine, and Soundgarden :D

If they're coming to your town, check it out 👍

I do have to say though, the volume for their opening band was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too high 👎
:lol: My hearing usually get messed up for couple of days after concerts. Audioslave is an awesome band, but I had no idea they played Rage and Soundgarden stuff in their shows. 👍

Most fondly remembered gig I went to is the first one I ever saw. It was 1984 and I was 14 yrs old. I saw Roger Waters "The Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking" with Eric Clapton playing guitar at Earls Court, London.

Strangely, I remember the smells as much as anything!

Just got back from less than jake, and I must say I was impressed. I guess it's because they don't do much editing to their tracks so their live performance is close to it.

Best concert for me would either have to be seeing the RHCP with The Mars Volta supporting up in London Docklands or seeing The Hives.
I really want to see Prodigy and The Chemical Brothers though. I'd love to see them.

Mark Knopfler was a total class act. He's pretty old and that now, but man has he still 'got' it! Much much better concert (with sooo many Direstraits classics!) than I ever expected when going along earlier this year! I'm so grateful he actually came out to Aus! (also grateful to Steve Vai and Joe Satriani, who BOTH came out independently in the same year!).

We usually don't get anywhere near enough awesome concerts with super-awesome guitar players (I'm biased toward guitar stuff if you haven't noticed). Whenever any really good act comes to Aus I HAVE to see it, cause I know I won't have the chance to see them ever again, quite possibly, certainly not Knopfler anyway.

My best time at a concert was when I saw The Used with Atreyu opening. Unfortunately, I bumped into a cute girl while Atreyu was playing and for some reason i never got to see The Used play. Definately my best concert experience. 👍

bu bu bu bump!

Summer's almost over. Did anybody get to see a cool show this summer?

I've only been to one concert. That was on July 2nd this year and I saw Alkaline Trio with Thieves Like Us and Death By Stereo. Alkaline Trio are really great live! Also i'm going to see 30 Seconds To Mars with The Used next month.

Has anyone seen The White Stripes live? I haven't, but they were amazing when I was watching Glastonbury 2005 on tv.👍

Back