tokyo 300km endurance...hard fought race

United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
GTP_Thedeester1
I only unlocked 25% yesterday after finishing the compact Japanese trophy. Went to check out the endurance straight away since Im a lover of the original FTO LM from GT1. Decided to start the (Tokyo 300km) race and check out the oposition before i picked a car to race since i cant be bothered with a 8 lap victory over an indurance race. The oposition was mostly "super touring" so off i went to get my Subaru Super Touring, which ive set up to oversteer slightly and drive like its on rails.

Picked the Subaru and went back to Race...Hmmm when i went back the only super touring was a calibra which was doomed to failure against a field of LM and race cars. Decided to do the race anyway.

The start: looks promising. Accelleration is good and the other cars seem to be very cautious. Two laps later i have a 9 sec lead but the cream begins to rise to the top. The Mazda RX8 special is begining to push having warmed up its tires. I realise that im gonna have my work cut out, esspecialy after reading posts here about tire wear. By the tenth lap i have traded a second each way across many splits. the 11th lap i lose a second overall. The twelth lap lose 2 seconds and decide that im not going to keep the lead with my worn tires so decide to pit in to keep lap speed up. i figure that the other cars will only be a few laps behind.

I exit the pits on lap 13. At the first split i am 31 seconds behind the mazda. the tires are cold and im having to brake early. by the second split im 32ish seconds behind the leader. I concider quiting and coming back with a race prep. For whatever reason though i carry on. Ive worked out the corners i can take faster than the flashing red gear icon and i know i can brake later everytime. I Push hard! On lap 15 i put in a 1:40 lap and the gap drops slightly i set my goal at sub 1:40 laps. The next six laps (for me anyway) are awsome, im driving full on with no margin for error and sub 1:40. the best is set at 1:37.???.i now have the gap at 14 seconds but its lap 24 and i need to pit. i pit in and come out with a gap to first of 43 seconds. all of the other cars have pitted once by now but not the mazda. im pushing hard right from the pits. im now averaging 1:38.??? laps. the gap is dropping fast now. by lap lap 26 i have cut the gap to 14 seconds. The mazda seems to be slowing. eventually on lap 27 it pits in...YEA! i pass the mazda in the pits and by the time its come out and warmed its tires, on lap 30 i have a 24 second lead. Im Hitting sub 1:40 laps every time and my gap growing but i know im gonna need to pit soon. i decide to stay out as long as possible and aim to pit on lap 50-51, giving me good tires for the final push. i pit on lap 37, i figure i can keep speed for 13 laps and the mazda has to pit at the latest lap 54. i exit the pits 12 seconds behind. This is racing!!...no high powered walks in the park here.i know if i push sub 1:40's i can kill the gap whilst my tires are good. i also know i have another pit to take. im really hunting now....both my thumbs hurt from pressing too hard....lol...im hitting 1:39, 1:37 every lap, the gap comes to 2 seconds. i pit on lap 50 to save lower lap times on poor tires. when i exit the pits im around 34 seconds behind. Again im pushing hard, even on cold tires. Im in the ZONE now. by lap 52 the gap is 31 seconds and the mazda pits early....YEY...i have great tires and pass the maxda in the pits. i pass the mazda in the pits and when it comes out i have a lead of only 3 seconds. However the mazda is carefull on cold tires and 2 laps later the gap is 9 seconds. seemingly though the mazda either gets caught in traffic or is broken by my percistence. I eventually finish the race on 60 laps with a lead of 18 seconds........much enjoyed challenge with the bonus of the FTO touring car.

Now to take the FTO home to grand valley as i did in GT1..:)

P.S the fto was better in black!

I used the Audi TT Touring Car for this tournament and won by about a minute, with the FTO it definitely must have been a challenge.

*edit*

Doh, just read it all and I didn't realize you used a subaru. :dopey:

EXCELLENT Write-Up thedeester1!!! :cheers: VERY Good to see another member who does NOT enjoy blowing the competition away with a Superior Ride! 👍 Battles "Well Fought" will be remembered long after while memories of a "Rout" are soon forgotten...O.G. :D

Very nice write-up.

Do you remember how many a-spec points you got for that? Oftentimes I find that I can have a nice close race even if the a-spec points are very low. Although I did finish the El-Capitan 200 Miles in my M3 for 117 points :]

It's amazing how quickly you seem to finish the enduros when you're actually racing and not winning by 50 laps. I love it

Thnx for the feedback. Ive no idea how many A-spec points i got for the race. So far i have found no reason for A-Spec points. They just seem to be there for the sake of it. Hence i stopped paying attension to them. All that matters to me is the money and the cars. I you know different and have a use for A-spec points PLZ let me know.

been back and checked....there were 7 a-spec points

Back