Obtaining Better B-Spec Stats ??

• Thread starter LivingSoul
  • 552 comments
Hey everyone, I have been useing all sorts of cars in practice mode and different endurances and tracks and my B-spec stats are not getting better. Currently my b-spec stats are as is Machine Skill: 85 Course Skill: 75 Battle Skill: 71 and my over all b-spec skill is 7465 I saw this thread a while ago but i can not find it anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Use slow cars on all those one-make races. Just keep redoing them until you win.

I was stuck at 7997 for the longest time. Even after another 24 hours at Nurburgring it wouldn't change.

I did the 70's Japanese races with a 240 and now it's 8060.

LivingSoul
Hey everyone, I have been useing all sorts of cars in practice mode and different endurances and tracks and my B-spec stats are not getting better. Currently my b-spec stats are as is Machine Skill: 85 Course Skill: 75 Battle Skill: 71 and my over all b-spec skill is 7465 I saw this thread a while ago but i can not find it anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Ive just started to tackle the B_Spec stats building process myself, and this is how i'm approaching it.

I'm trying to maintain my 100% win ratio and i'm at 15.7% complete after only having the game for 4 weeks.

So i went out and bought a new Nissan 350Z GT4 Ltd Edition, and added Sports Soft Tyres and nothing else.

Then i went to the 'Original Courses' and started going through them all doing Free Runs, first in A_Spec then in B_Spec, basically tasking the B_Spec guy to try and beat my A_Spec times. Then i go to the Familiy Cup race on each circuit and A_Spec it, save, and come back and get the B_Spec guy to do the same race. If he wins save the game, if he losses re-set the PS2. After all the B_Spec guy is only learning isn't he?

In just a couple of hours i got the B_Spec guys overall skill up from zero to 1050.

HTH,
Cheers,
Gram.

My B-spec has 8500+ points, 95 machine skill, 84 course skill and 85 battle skill. I've found out that skills tend to rocket when you use an equal or lesser car. Don't just by a car and soup it up, let him drive 'em stock first. Endurances don't give much points, if any.

A tad on the side: What is the point in having a 100% winning record when you restart your PS2 every time you loose? It looks cool on your stats? Whom are you fooling, but your self? (Especially since you broadcast your "technique" all over GTplanet) Both me and my B-spec have lost our fair share of races. I can't get 100%, but then again I couldn't care less. I want the game to reflect all off my winnings and losses.

l'm starting to like my B-spec... :)

helseth
A tad on the side: What is the point in having a 100% winning record when you restart your PS2 every time you loose? It looks cool on your stats? Whom are you fooling, but your self? (Especially since you broadcast your "technique" all over GTplanet) Both me and my B-spec have lost our fair share of races. I can't get 100%, but then again I couldn't care less. I want the game to reflect all off my winnings and losses.

Amen

👍

Similar to the guys who profess "I'm gonna finish 100% without buying any cars". Whats the points :odd:

LivingSoul

It gets trickier. My B-spec stats now: 8824, M:99 C:88 B:87.

Machine skill improves when you drive different cars with different drivetrains, tires, turbos, NA's etc. -> Use all your cars.

Course skill improves when driving a new course, both normal and reverse -> Drive all courses.

Battle skill improves when passing other cars, fighting for the best line in and out of corners. -> Use an equal car as the AI, keep pushing till you're in 2nd place, slow down an let others pass, push hard again.....

If you've just started GT4, and your B-speckie is driving like a jackass, Best quick-improvement wil probably be a citroen 2cv at nurburgring at a family cup set to -10 in speed.
Only place to B-spec a rally is in photomode, I'll check out if this'll give any additional skill-points.
Hope this helps.

lol @ finishing @ 100% thats insane.
ive lost my fair share of races.
im 60% thru in about 3 weeks with around 79-81% win ratio which i think is quite good for me.

my B Spec Skill is around 8100 with 89/80/85 (not sure)
i got 4100 A Spec points basically bc i love Abusing the B Spec :)

I have somewhere around 8100 b-spec points. I have just been trying different cars, different tracks. I have not been gaining much lately.... it seems after 7000 its hard to get more points. But, it isn't stopping me. Going to try some of those tricks from that link.

Its the same as A Spec.

The stronger your car is towards the AI car depends on the points.
and im sure if you go off track n stuff it takes ur driving skill,track skill etc down.

So,if you go to a training mode like free run or photo mode,you could do it like this to get better skills faster?

-Let the driver drive some laps (around 10 looks right to me).
-Go to setup page to fit some other parts,and let him drive again.
-Do it all over untill he has driven all turbo`s and tyres.

I know for shure that this driver gets points when he drives in Photo mode.It`s all the same as free run.
But does it help to do it the way I said above?

It`s a nice thing to know that the B-spec driver can drive the best with a normal setup.When you make big changes to the setup,he will fail to controle the car sometimes.

Bspec points are given in a similar fashion as aspec points. You only get more points when driving a car that it is more difficult to win in. If you rerun the same race with the same car over and over in bspec, with an overpowered car, you don't get any more bspec just like with aspec.
As mentioned above machine skill is given when driving different cars with different setups. Course skill is given by racing different courses, and applying the correct speed in a given area of the course; so if your doing the x3 thing and always using a particular speed, your course skill will suffer. It is best to use the in the car view, applying the appropriate speed at a given area. Battle skill is given based on your applying the overtake at the appropriate time and overtaking. If you leave it on all of the time your driver will get some skill points but not as many as he could.
Once you get over 7500 points and skills over 70's, your driver will have pretty good skill and if you begin to rerun some of the races with more competitive cars your stats should begin to increase.

hispeed
Don't think there's any limit. You get A-spec points over and over for each race, not just once.

I think that's wrong. If you do a race and get 10pts then do it again and win 50pts you get the extra 40pts added. If you earn 100pts and do it again and win 80pts your total won't change.

Ax Battler
I think that's wrong. If you do a race and get 10pts then do it again and win 50pts you get the extra 40pts added. If you earn 100pts and do it again and win 80pts your total won't change.

Oki

Simply put, drive a championship with an under powered car and stay in the car view mode to guide your driver around and you'll notice a change for sure!

Ax Battler

Yes, that's correct. What I mean is if you rerun a race in the same car or a car that would give the same points you don't accomplish anything. You have to rerun in a lesser car that would give more points. I don't think it would effect course or battle skill level, other than it would be more of a battle to win. haha.

My earlier post is only an assumption. But it does make sense, based on the way PD applied Aspec points. I've been meaning to run a race in aspec to see what the points are and run it in bspec to see if the points are the same or similar, but haven't gotten around to it. I would rather just play than run experiments. Famine if you read this post, you ARE the master experimenter, and seem to thrive on the stuff based on most of your posts. I know your doing extensive Aspec experiments, do you plan to do any Bspec experiments?

Back