El Capitan 200 miles

• Thread starter Timothy
  • 12 comments
I was looking at my cars in my garage.. Feeling the need to drive an endurance race.. Some LMP cars... Some LM Cars... An F1.. Hmzz, what do we have here? A bone stock Corvette (C5). Nice. This car has 191.5 kms on the tacho.
Changed the oil, and bought myself some hard sport tires.
Entered El Capitan 200 miles with it.

It comes up with this field :

1 Dodge Viper GTS '99
2 TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97
3 Chevrolet Corvette (C4) ZR-1
4 Dodge Viper SRT10 '03
5 Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230) '04
6 Me and my '00 Chevrolet Corvette (C5) w/404 bhp and hard tires.

As soon as I push start, the game gives me 148 A-spec points. Getting that much, it should be really challenging.

lap 1 : I suspected a tough race. Wrong. After the first lap i'm 2,6 seconds in front of the Dodge Viper GTS

lap 2 : damn, this just feels like a free run. Already 8,4 seconds ahead, still of the Viper who keeps second. This race is worth only 10 A-spec point from my point of view. My tires have just become green.

lap 4 : The TVR slipped into 2nd, gap nearly 10 secs. Big mistake at the end of the lap, to much power to the rear wheels, spinning out. Now I'm just ahead of the TVR by less than a second.

lap 5-6 : The TVR keeps pushing me. I'm putting in clean laps though, pushing the TVR 2.5 secs back.

lap 7-8 : i'm pulling away again. The gaps is almost 7 seconds now, my tires become yellow. At this point I decide to have a five stop strategie, pitting on laps 11, 22, 33, 44 and 55, doing 11 laps on each set of hard sport tires.

lap 9-10 : more of the same. Widening the gap, about 12.xx secs now.

lap 11 : my pit-in lap, tried to get the best of the tires once more.

lap 12 : pit-out lap. Before the stop, 16.8 secs was the last split i've seen. I didn't refuel, just got some new hard tires.
The TVR has grabbed the lead, I'm now sandwiched by the two Vipers. GTS in front of me, SRT10 just behind me. The SL 65 AMG pits in too.

lap 13 : The TVR has pitted in. I'm right behind the GTS now. I'm faster in general, but can't do any overtaking since he's pulling away on the straights and blocks me in the corners. The Vette ZR-1 also pits on this lap.

lap 14 : Viper GTS pitting in, giving me a clean sight. I'm pulling away from the SRT10, who's in second now. Only the SRT10 hasn't pit yet.

lap 16 : The viper SRT10 finally pits in. He must've been on super ultra mega hard tires.

lap 17 : doing my laps.. the TVR is now second again, i'm leading by over 40 secs now... 👎 this really is no challenge anymore..

lap 18-19-20-21 : nothing really happened. Gap now almost 50 secs, next lap i'll pit in comfortably.

lap 22 : I'm pitting in. Refueling this time, not much although. From 33/80 to 45/80
new set of hard sport tires as wel. I still have a giant lead. The SL 65 AMG pits in as well.

lap 23-24 : just doing my laps.. The TVR pits in on lap 24.
On the hairpin after the downhill, I lose it. To much power to the rear wheels (i'm having cold tires), doing a quick 360°, but not hitting anything. Didn't lose to much time here.

lap 25 : ZR-1 pitting in. I'm still increasing my lead on the GTS, who's second now.

lap 27: Viper GTS pitting in, SRT10 is second now.

lap 28-29 : nothing happens.. putting in my laps...

lap 30 : lapped the SL 65 AMG

lap 31 : lapped the ZR-1

lap 33 : as i'm doing this lap (pit-in lap), the SRT10 also makes his (2nd) pit stop. The TVR regains second again, more than a minute behind me.
I refuel from 18/80 to 45/80, again having new tires. I realise i'm halfway now, with a time of 1hr 6mins and 31 secs.
Time for a break. I pause the game, go down, lit a cigarette and enjoy some soda.

lap 35 : SL 65 AMG pitting for third time. The TVR is 45 secs behind me and pits in at the end of the lap.

lap 36 : TVR kept 2nd, 1min 10secs behind me.

lap 38 : ZR-1 pitting in, TVR now 1min 20secs behind me...

lap 40 : Dodge Viper GTS pitting in, TVR again falling back, this time 1min 28secs. I'm just doing my laps...

lap 41-42-43 : nothing happens... Boring...

lap 44 : pit-in lap. Once again, new hard sport tires, refueling to 45/80.
Only 2 stints left now. I also have a very comfortable lead over the 2nd placed TVR

lap 46 : SL 65 AMG pitting in, as does the TVR

lap 47-48 : doing my laps.. Breaking my fastest lap record : 1.54.476 (fastest lap of the race..)

lap 49 : SRT10 pits in

lap 50 : ZR-1 Vette pitting in.

lap 52 : Lapping the Dodge Viper GTS

lap 54 : Viper GTS pitting in. I lap the SRT10-Viper

lap 55 : pit in lap. on my last pit stop hard tires to the front and back, refueling to 40/80 this time. Should be enough to finish the race.

lap 57 : SL 65 AMG pitting in. Last time, I pressume.

lap 58 : the TVR is also pitting in, I lap him whilst he's in the pits

Lap 59-60-61 : nothing, really boring....

lap 62 : doing my laps... ZR-1 pitting in... Dodge Viper STR10, due to pits strategie, in 2nd now...

lap 63-64 : cruising to the finish now...

lap 65. I lapped the 2nd placed guy, The Viper SRT10 seems to be snatching home second.

lap 66 : all I can say, is that the Viper SRT10 driver is a real dumbass. He has second, but pits in on the last lap, giving the TVR a present (2nd place). Well, I don't care. I do a burnout, smoking over the finish, I've won and I'm proud of it.

The results :

1 Me and my vette
2 TVR
3 SRT10
4 Viper GTS
5 ZR-1
6 SL 65 AMG

BRING HOME MY 250.000 credits AND A NICE MINOLTA !! 👍

Hope you guys enjoyed this, at really took me some time to make and type this report... :sly:

great man im doing that exact enduro now in my ruf btr (408bhp), im 18 laps in and about 1/2 a lap ahead of the 2nd place car. when the ruf btr is setup right you dont even need to let off the gas at that blind summit after the tunnel, it just sticks like glue im on med/sports all round and getting about 7 laps per set.

your race would have been slightly more challenging if the zonda or motor sport elise were in the pack!

as u can see by some of my posts, i have done this enduro a few times! (and will do again, mainly cos of the prize car hehe)

bubba blackmeat
great man im doing that exact enduro now in my ruf btr (408bhp), im 18 laps in and about 1/2 a lap ahead of the 2nd place car. when the ruf btr is setup right you dont even need to let off the gas at that blind summit after the tunnel, it just sticks like glue im on med/sports all round and getting about 7 laps per set.

You must've finished the race by now surely. Have you won it?

i shure did win, it was a joy to drive it and i got a lovely minolta toyota, so i run the same enduro with the minolta in b-spec when im not playing the ps2 for a few hours and sell the new car for a cool 700,000. so now i have plenty money for anything i want to buy.

bubba blackmeat
i shure did win, it was a joy to drive it and i got a lovely minolta toyota, so i run the same enduro with the minolta in b-spec when im not playing the ps2 for a few hours and sell the new car for a cool 700,000. so now i have plenty money for anything i want to buy.

B-Spec spam it again and again for almost a million credits a pop.

Pick a workhorse car that will win it every time on the "3" setting. Start the race when you go to bed, and wake up with another million. Do it again when you go to work or school. Do it over and over and over, as often as you like, and you can buy as many of those 4,500,000-credit Le Mans cars as you want.

This stunt has the advantage of requiring no attending, unlike the DTM series spamming exploit. You just start the race and go do something constructive while B-Spec Bob wins you 993,749 credits.

You'll also want to give your workhorse car an oil change and buy it the Rigidity Refresher Plan after every couple of races or so.

Just remember to click "Clear" when prompted, or you won't win a thing!

I done this race with the SLR (yeah I know overkill..) I jump on the grid and look what I find? The Zonda, (yay I say) The game was tight but in the end I did win the end with a nice lead.

Now I have the Monolta Race car and I will now take on the world! Muahahahaha!

Zardoz
B-Spec spam it again and again for almost a million credits a pop.

Pick a workhorse car that will win it every time on the "3" setting. Start the race when you go to bed, and wake up with another million. Do it again when you go to work or school. Do it over and over and over, as often as you like, and you can buy as many of those 4,500,000-credit Le Mans cars as you want.

This stunt has the advantage of requiring no attending, unlike the DTM series spamming exploit. You just start the race and go do something constructive while B-Spec Bob wins you 993,749 credits.

You'll also want to give your workhorse car an oil change and buy it the Rigidity Refresher Plan after every couple of races or so.

Just remember to click "Clear" when prompted, or you won't win a thing!

Or put sports hards on the minolta and it only takes an hour b-spec.

Crayola
Or put sports hards on the minolta and it only takes an hour b-spec.

And instead of picking a workhorse use a minolta that you win each time... and sell it at the end of each race... therefore you only need to put 200 miles on one car... I might do this with my old Minolta so that I get a fresh one for the LeMans Enduro's that I need to run... then you can repeat with that Battered Minolta and get a fresh one!!

C.

Cheers for writing that up for us to read.

I took this race on myself just last week. However I made things a touch easier by driving the Jag XJR-9. Mainly because it was my first ever enduro race. From your write up you really didn't break a sweat. I only won mine by 35 secs. I didn't have any accidents with the expection of a Callaway putting me into a spin (blasted AI). I guess I still have a lot to learn about driving fast in GT4.

Back