Classic Car Cup: Eat my other pair of shorts

World Classic Car: Professional

OK, I'm using an old fave car of mine: Chevy Corvette Convertible '54

set up: race exhaust, chip, stage 2 NA, SH tyres, race brakes (2/2), race susp, fc tranny (setting 7), triple clutch, race flywheel, carbon prop, stage 3 wt red, port polish, engine balance, no NOS.... 275 bhp, top speed 129 mph

I knew this car is great on windy circuits... it stops soooo quick, means I can late brake!! i will suffer on the straights though....

The opposition:
AC Cobra
Merc 300SL
(others not worth talking about)

Fuji: AC was just ahead of me on the grid (5 and 6 respectively). I stormed off and was quite a way ahead, but the AC caught me by the 1st turn of the 2nd lap. I tried to block him, but just couldnt keep him at bay... I came 2nd (3.5 secs behind)

El Capitan: AC was in pole, me in 6. I have done the El Cap 200 miles with this chevy (and won) so i was secretly confident. I overtook the AC after 1.5 laps, managed to keep ahead (without unfair blocking) and won by 0.4 secs! phew

'Ring: AC in pole, me in 6. Mmmmmm given the long straights and my low top speed, I knew I didnt stand a chance! I was miles ahead of the 3rd place car (Merc) but I was 36 secs behind the AC

Cote d'Azur: I wasnt sure about how I'd do here, but I thought I had a good chance... however, I didnt fancy my chances if I had to fight my way thru the field. So I practiced and got pole, AC in 2 on grid. The race was actually very easy cos of the sharp bends, I beat the AC by 2 secs

Laguna Seca: Again I wasnt sure how I'd do here, so I practiced and got pole, AC in 2. OK, I shouldnt have any problem (I hope LOL). He went past me just b4 the corkscrew, but I out-braked him.... from there it was easy. I thought he'd catch me again on the straight, but he didnt! He was fairly close by turn 1 on lap 2, but my late braking saw him off. Won by 1.6 secs

Ok I cheated by getting pole on races 4 and 5, and I'm not sure I would have won these races if I'd have started from the back.... but I am seriously underpowered on the straights!!

Gord

I don't see anything wrong with qualifying to get a better starting position- actually I think it makes things more fair, why should the computer stick you in last every single time? Take the power back!

Good job keeping up with that damn AC. I try and enter my '67 Skyline in these races and it gets destroyed.

Latest Posts

Back