Max Drive, Game Save and making video files thread.

• Thread starter Kent
  • 477 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
((((This thread is a merged thread regarding the topics of Max Drives, Game Saves, and making video files of GT laps. PLEASE post ALL similarly related discussion in this thread. Help keep the WRS forum tidy! Thanks, CFM:tup:))))

Update: 19/12/07
Here are two working links for a PAL and NTSC game save:
VV
Fully functional complete GT4 savegames (100%, all cars), in light version : only 245 kb used on the MC (instead 1.46 mb for a standard savegame).

PAL : http://vrrroummm.free.fr/gt4/savegame/vv_gt4_pal_full_light.max
NTSC : http://vrrroummm.free.fr/gt4/savegame/vv_gt4_ntscuc_full_light.max

Great idea, except that when I click on the link I get this : "The page you are attempting to access has been removed because it violated Angelfire's Terms of Service."
:crazy:

^Updated. They accidentally deleted the account. I rehosted somewhere else so I didn't have to deal with them and will be getting that file uploaded there soon. The rest of the gamesaves work now. I only have that one file left. Sorry!

Edit
The new link - http://k.1asphost.com/cardude/OLR%20SAVE%20COMPLETE.sps - Kent, you can update your post. This link is the one to iceman's gamesave.

ALL OF MY GAMESAVES ARE NTSC!

I am right in thinking all the saves are for NTSC right? NOT PAL?

I cant use them if they are.

Just making sure...

Thanx

VEXD

Hey IforceV8!

I was wondering if your game save had all the race cars in arcade mode?

I've been working on a way to do that but haven't come up with anything yet.

Cardude is still working on something with a name that isn't too specific.

Maybe WRS or GTP, but the capitalization of the words is too strict. :(

On that note, what is the name of the file?

Thanks for getting around to these questions, I am sure someone else will want to ask them as well. ;)

I will probably try using the game save to trade from if I can. :D
Thanks for posting it up. 👍

IforceV8 replay has All the prize cars that can't be bought as well as all the cars that can be bought. I gave him some of the prize cars a few weeks ago that I had won. The link you posted Kent doesn't work. Probably overloaded as is the case when files like that get posted here at GTPlanet. Nature of the beast so to say.

I just looked and it appears that many didnt open up in arcade for whatever reason.Is there a list of what is available in arcade posted someplace?My focus was first and foremost a file of fresh gt cars.

The file name is OLR SAVE COMPLETE.sps

Mich-Still have my yahoo address?I will send it over to ya if that link isnt working.:cheers:

IforceV8
I just looked and it appears that many didnt open up in arcade for whatever reason.Is there a list of what is available in arcade posted someplace?My focus was first and foremost a file of fresh gt cars.

Mich-Still have my yahoo address?I will send it over to ya if that link isnt working.:cheers:

Unfortunately, if you use the trade function to aquire a car, it does not unlock it in arcade mode. They make you earn it by completeing the necessary races or buying the car in sim mode. To make an ubersave for OLR,someone would need to get a save from someone that has 100% completion and all gold licences, then add the prize cars onto it using trade. The rest of the cars can be purchased in the Sim mode dealers and used lots to unlock them in arcade. Or use the Save Builder program, which I have no clue how to operate.

IforceV8

According to icemanshooter, if you unlock a car in simulation mode, it is available in arcade mode. He posted that in another thread. The file above doesn't download because the link in Kents post is wrong. The link in my post is correct.

CFM
Unfortunately, if you use the trade function to aquire a car, it does not unlock it in arcade mode. They make you earn it by completeing the necessary races or buying the car in sim mode. To make an ubersave for OLR,someone would need to get a save from someone that has 100% completion and all gold licences, then add the prize cars onto it using trade. The rest of the cars can be purchased in the Sim mode dealers and used lots to unlock them in arcade. Or use the Save Builder program, which I have no clue how to operate.
Well that sucks...Good thing i dont race in arcade mode huh :)

Does anyone here have a 100% game with all cars for the NTSC-J version? or can the NTSC be converted?

IforceV8
Found a 100% done save at gamefaqs but it only has 69,000 credits,its the one listed under thefranchise7000 http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/561066.html

Can you crack that save cardude and add credits?
I can look at this gamesave and see what I can do.

I have a 100% completed game that I am hosting from icemanshooter on my website. Click the gamesaves link in my signature. It is the bottom gamesave, just above my e-mail. It is for NTSC. I am creating my own gamesave right now that will have the cars available in Arcade Mode.

Link to Gamesave Site (Also located in my Signature) - http://gt4.funpic.org/

cardude2004
I can look at this gamesave and see what I can do.

I have a 100% completed game that I am hosting from icemanshooter on my website. Click the gamesaves link in my signature. It is the bottom gamesave, just above my e-mail. It is for NTSC. I am creating my own gamesave right now that will have the cars available in Arcade Mode.

Link to Gamesave Site (Also located in my Signature) - http://free.hostultra.com/~cardude/gamesaves.htm

Unless you have changed the file the iceman save is actually the file i made.From the top of this thread

Originally Posted by IforceV8

The save i finished is actually a complete OLR file with every RACE car available in the game.The original file came from codejunkies and i have traded for alot of the cars from other peoples saves-gt3mich,cardude,rog34uk,and my own game.

The OLR save is only 14.4 % done but has has gtmode beginner and pro mode finished,day 366.Its finished enough for anyone to use in future OLR races.

Your site is down so i cant because of bandwidth so i cant grab the file to be sure.

Hello all.

First off, I'd like to say that I'm a true newbie when it comes to using any sort of extraneous PS2 'enhancement' device. Meaning xport, sharkport, codebreaker, AR Max, etc.

Secondly, I'll say that I have no idea where I should post this, if at all, but I'm a bit desperate at this point, and really at my wits end on how I can verify OLR times. On top of that, I couldn't find an FAQ or sticky about how to do this (save and upload replay files).

Now onto my predicament...

I purchased an AR Max package today, hoping to begin participation in OLR with GT4 (and maybe even GT3), in the near future. I wanted to be able to verify my times if needed.

I have the software, the USB drive (Sandisk Cruzer Mini 128MB), and the PC.

Unfortunately, I'm stumped on how I'm able to get the replay files from my USB drive to my PC. I had no problem copying my replay files from my PS2 memory card to the USB drive, but now my PC will not recognize my USB drive. It's very strange, considering I've been using the same drive to transport photomode files back and forth for some time now.

Can anyone lend me a hand on this? I'd really appreciate it. And AR Max's site is less than helpful on the matter (though I've sent them an e-mail as well).

-E

p.s. Mods, if this even clears, perhaps I should've posted it in the OLR forum?

Hey E,

I got your PM as well, and unfortunately, I'm unfamiliar with the AR Max. However, I will move this thread on over to the OLR area as I know that there are folks over their that are more familiar with Max and will probably be able to help you out.

EDIT: I'm hoping some of you seasoned Weeklys can help out enuttage with his dilema.
He's wanting to get into some OLR action and wants to make sure that he can verify his times.
I know that we all appreciate those that can verify, so please lend him a hand if you can.

CFM, sorry for the intrusion, but I think we can help. Please delete/recycle this thread once the problem has been solved. 👍

Thank you. :)

–Rob

i put the replay file onto the max drive, then put it into the PC usb and copied it into a folder, have you installed the software from the PC CD that came with the max drive?

hope this helps

GT_Fan2005
i put the replay file onto the max drive, then put it into the PC usb and copied it into a folder, have you installed the software from the PC CD that came with the max drive?

I've done the former, but not the latter. If that's the problem, I'm going to have egg on my face.

I tried to load in the CD you put in the PS2 on the PC as well, thinking there might be some interface software there. Nothing doing. Or at least I can't find it.

However, I haven't installed the Media Center, or even inserted the CD. I thought it was just for playing CD-Rs and such back on the PS2. Is that the one I need to install?

Thanks a ton for your patience and your help, guys. I'll be happy to get it working so I can start participation in OLR here.

-E

So when you stick you USB drive into the computer, you cannot access it at all?

If this is the case then i have no idea.

EDIT!

This is what i do.

After file is on max drive, stick max drive into computer.

click on my computer and then click on external Drive e: then copy the file i want to the destination.

Small_Fryz
So when you stick you USB drive into the computer, you cannot access it at all?

If this is the case then i have no idea.

EDIT!

This is what i do.

After file is on max drive, stick max drive into computer.

click on my computer and then click on external Drive e: then copy the file i want to the destination.

Yup you nailed it. That's exactly what I'm doing, but the PC doesn't even recognize the USB drive anymore. It did two days ago, when I moved a few photomode pics over to the PC with no issue whatsoever.

I'm so frustrated by these things. I had an old Sharkport new-in-the-box, sitting around, and it was DOA when I opened it. Wouldn't even load on my PC.

Now the AR MAX is giving me fits. Grrr. Well, I may just have to race anyway, and hope I'm never good enough to warrant proof of my run. :)

I'm still all ears if anyone has any ideas about potential formatting problems and whatnot.

Thanks again guys,

-E

it sounds to me as thought the USB drive isnt compatable.

i have no idea what you could do

Perhaps you can format your USB fob? Maybe the AR Max has a function to do this, as the Max Drive does. That's the only thing I can think of offhand.

I didn't think AR Max could transfer files to PC like MaxDrive can, but I've never actually tried it.
(off-topic) I really hate how the AR Max advertisement auto-loads every time I put in the MaxDrive disk.

If you have the Original install disc handy then here's what I would do, .... go to my computer on your desktop and right click on it, then click properties/ then hardware / device manager/ and find the usb section for the replay device which should show up as a mass storage device, and delete it.
reboot the pc with the usb device still attached, hopefully it will recognize it and let you install the drivers again properly this time 👍

If you still have a problem! then maybe its your operating system! .... or are you using XP? if it's not XP then go to datel site and look for the latest upgrade drivers for your windows version.

Good Luck :) 👍

Hmm.

Yep, I'm using XP, for sure. SP1.

I'll play around when I get home, and try and access the USB device via the device manager. I tried to find it yesterday that way, but with no luck. Most likely I was just looking in the wrong place.

I'll try rebooting with the USB drive in place, though with XP it shouldn't matter. It recognizes almost anything else I plug into a USB port.

So freakin' strange.

Small_Fryz
it sounds to me as thought the USB drive isnt compatable.

i have no idea what you could do

Well, it was working two days ago with photo files from the PS2. But I think you may be right. Perhaps A R Max reformatted it?

Dunno.

Well my friend has an AR MAX and he was able to transfer my replay to his computer to upload. I dont remember the exact steps but i think he used the crush option or something like that.

Back