Grand Valley Speedway 60 Lap Enduro

• Thread starter niall_uk
  • 2 comments
I thought i'd try this as my first enduro, if nothing else because I did the enduro from GT3 on this course, so know it inside out.

I entered my Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02, which I had modded with a stage 3 NA tune up, because to fit a turbo on a german touring car would be sacrilige, even at the expense of a hundred odd brake from the stage 4 turbine.

The line up was as follows;

Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 (ME!)
Nissan Pennzoil Zexel GT-R (JGTC) '01
Toyota Woodone Tom's Supra (JGTC) '03
Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00
Audi A4 Touring Car '04
2000 Ford Falcon XR8

The start went well, with me coming from last on the grid to 1st by the second corner, I strectched the lead easily, and by the time i had my first pit stop on lap 7 (taking 4 new racing mediums, but no fuel), i was over a minute in front, and didn't even get caught up when pitting, I handed the car over to B-SPEC Bob then for the second stint, and he strecthed away as well.
On lap 11 the XR8 came into the pits, but the others didn't pit till lap 15. On lap 15 I came in for a second pit, taking tyres again, but no fuel. When i left the pits I had a 1.25.444 lead. I drove the third stint, lapping the A4 and CLK for the first time on lap 18 and the XR8 on lap 19.
Lap 20 and my third pit, tyres and this time fuel as well, i handed over to Bob again, who was set on level 4 overtake constantly. Lap 28 and my fourth pit, just tyres again. By this point I've pitted 4 times, the XR8 twice and all others only once. i took over from Bob for the fourth stint, and crossed the halfway poin tin the race.

Lap 30; 55.21.900 (Total time) : 1.46.188 (Best lap)
4 pits; RM Tyres X 4, 1 X Refuel

Standings;
1st Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 (ME!)
2nd Nissan Pennzoil Zexel GT-R (JGTC) '01
3rd Toyota Woodone Tom's Supra (JGTC) '03
4th 2000 Ford Falcon XR8
5th Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00
6th Audi A4 Touring Car '04

The rest of the race went pretty much the same, with me pitting every 6-7 laps, taking alternating stints behind the wheel, and fuel every third pit. At some point between laps 44 and 52 the XR8 had a big off, dropping it from 4th to 6th. By the final lap of the race I had lapped the Nisssan twice, who had made 3 pit stops, the Toyota was lapped twice also, but he had taken 4 trips to the pits. The Merc, Audi and Ford had all been lapped 3 times, with 4 pits a piece.

The final results were thus;
1st Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 (ME!), 60 laps 1 hour, 49 minutes.
2nd Toyota Woodone Tom's Supra (JGTC) '03, + 2 laps.
3rd Nissan Pennzoil Zexel GT-R (JGTC) '01 + 2 laps.
4th Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00 + 3 laps.
5th Audi A4 Touring Car '04 + 3 laps.
6th 2000 Ford Falcon XR8 + 3 laps.

My next venture? The Nurburgring 24 hours, with Bob doing most of the driving, in my Mercedes CLK GTR race car.

Fingers crossed!

Nice Write-Up!!
For me that was my last endurance race I did...
I used my Formula One Gran Turismo '04 from the 24hr Enduro on the Nurburgring :D(aka "The Ring")
Ummm...If you do use the CLK-GTR on "The Ring" You better start of A-Spec(if you know that track) so you can get a lead...
"Bob" might not be able to do it with a CLK-GTR by himself... :) unless he has really high B-Spec points
I used a Toyota Minolta that you win from one of the enduros
You can go to http://www.cheatcc.com/psx2/sg/gran_turismo_4.txt for a lot of useful info and the prize cars you win...and some tips :D
Well, I trust you can do it without any trouble...:)
Good Luck on "The Ring"

L28eT

Great write-up. Thanks for sharing. I did my GV300 with a stock Nissan Motul Pitwork Z (favorite race car). Too bad the AI is way too slow in that race.

It's finally good to read a write-up from someone who didn't need a Group C or F1 car to win the race. It just seems pointless to me to have a write-up where you say "So I took my Minolta Toyota, with some 600 hp more than the competition and won (insert race here) by 50 laps on b-spec." I would be embarassed to do a write-up about a race where I had a vastly superior car and didn't even drive during the race.

Latest Posts

Back