Xlink Drift comp Becoming Reality...Sign Up Here

• Thread starter dking
  • 44 comments
Now that there is sufficient interest...WE shall start with sign ups....
Rules Will be Formula Drift rules :
here are the general rules
Passing is allowed.

NO AIDS AT ALL. automatic loss if drifters found with AIDs on. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

No Bumping, automatic loss if chasers are found guilty.(depends on situation, purely at
judges discretion)

You spin, you lose that lap.

Contact with wall is looked down on.

there will be 2-4 judges for each competition which will be picked at random.

at any event that there is a draw, the participants will be asked to make another pass with the same rules, number of laps, etc.

there will be 3 laps. 1 pratice, 2 battle with a diff leader per battle lap.

2 judges will record each drifter

there will be a specific date/time for each competition, drifters AND judges
will be no more than 10 minutes late or it will be ran without the judge(s)(and they will be warned)or the drifter who doesnt show up will be DQed

to prevent bias judging, you will be assigned a number by a judge before the set date, please put this as your LAN name.

Before you set up a xlink competition with another player, please select car,track,tires and date on which this will be done, etc. then submit all info to any XDGP judge. please show up with the car in your favs so we do not have to wait.

Please be sure all of your settings for Xlink play are correct.

The judge will make the room with a set password that will be messaged to the participants before the set date/time of battle.

There are already 4 judges:
Breakerohio
DKing
Suzuki
DropTop_Chick
if we feel that we need extra judge(s) it will be invite only. prior judging experience mandatory. do not ask to be a judge.

you must have moderate connection(under 100 ping) with at least 1 judge, or we will get someone else in who is closer, that we feel can properly judge, and also record the competition. this is important for a fast competition. we have judges from Cali,tx,tn,and ohio.

it might be possible for us to host a elemination series, where there are several people competing. there needs to be an even number of people, and alot of intrest.

all battles will be recorded, hosted, and posted here on GTP and/or www.DriftDojo.com for others to view.

NOTICE: keep checking here for updates as these rules can, and probably will be changed around a little, and more rules are likely to be added.

within the next week or so, we should have a demo run that will test these rules or see if we need to add anything.

Comments/opinions wanted, so please post whats on your mind!!

EDIT: when everything is finaliazed, if you want a battle setup, please pm any DD member. GTPC judges do not have anything to do with XDGP as of yet, so please do not pm them for XDGP concerns.

EDIT: ill try to get the rules a little oragnized tomorrow so it is easier for everyone to read.

EDIT: passing allowed

Judging will take place at the time of the Driftin Via camera car and replay will be judged

Permission from swift is in effect....stay tuned

Here for NZd1 rules. (im not too sure but i watched it and heard it last night)

If u spin out ur out.
To get points it depends on ur angle and speed of drift and how close u r to ur opponent.

If u overtake ur opponent during a drift (has to be a drift overtake) then u win automatically.

U must stay at a close distance with ur opponent, a far distant will get u out.

If the first round goes through without ne errors (as in action that kicks u out of the competition) then the follower of the first round will lead in the second round. (basically like initial D)

After that Judges Determine who wins.

Cant thnk of ne creative way to challenge some1 in a drift.

ragnerock
Here for NZd1 rules. (im not too sure but i watched it and heard it last night)

If u spin out ur out.
To get points it depends on ur angle and speed of drift and how close u r to ur opponent.

If u overtake ur opponent during a drift (has to be a drift overtake) then u win automatically.

U must stay at a close distance with ur opponent, a far distant will get u out.

If the first round goes through without ne errors (as in action that kicks u out of the competition) then the follower of the first round will lead in the second round. (basically like initial D)

After that Judges Determine who wins.

Cant thnk of ne creative way to challenge some1 in a drift.

That sounds about right with how they are doing the competitions in real life. I'm thinking something like what was on Formula D with the competition in NJ and this sounds like it. I would guess we can do Apricot Hill and compete on the first 4 turns. This would be like what they did in the D1 competition in NJ, just a couple of links. Keep it short and simple so its easier to judge and do like a bracket competition.

So how exactly is it different from GTPDC other than having the cars run at the same time? I can see how it'd be more challenging as your having to share the track with another car and chosing your line and how much speed to carry through is alittle harder. It'd take alot of organization and dedication to do Xlink Comps. I like the idea of having competitive runs head to head. Practice is good, but it's different when there's another car in your way...

EDIT: Problems: limited player selection, NTSC & PAL not compatible with eachother...

:dopey:
Droptop_Chick
So how exactly is it different from GTPDC other than having the cars run at the same time? I can see how it'd be more challenging as your having to share the track with another car and chosing your line and how much speed to carry through is alittle harder. It'd take alot of organization and dedication to do Xlink Comps. I like the idea of having competitive runs head to head. Practice is good, but it's different when there's another car in your way...

EDIT: Problems: limited player selection, NTSC & PAL not compatible with eachother...

Well i guess the xlink comp could imitate life and a judge can watch the run while it is goin on via monitor....We have made it work.. I wish both versions would sync correctly but they don't....It would take dedication to make a legit comp....maybe use www.weplayhere.net as a scoring table...BUt with dedication comes huge rewards....ALL THOSE INTERESTED PLEASE POST....as the gt4 xlink community grows....so does skill...Doin replays byyourself is cool and all....but tryin to imitate a drifter in front is hardcore...so u decide what u want to compete in....all those that are not driftin on xlink....yer driftin by yerself.

dking
:dopey:

Well i guess the xlink comp could imitate life and a judge can watch the run while it is goin on via monitor....We have made it work.. I wish both versions would sync correctly but they don't....It would take dedication to make a legit comp....maybe use www.weplayhere.net as a scoring table...BUt with dedication comes huge rewards....ALL THOSE INTERESTED PLEASE POST....as the gt4 xlink community grows....so does skill...Doin replays byyourself is cool and all....but tryin to imitate a drifter in front is hardcore...so u decide what u want to compete in....all those that are not driftin on xlink....yer driftin by yerself.

oops BTW i am not dissin the GTPDC cause formats are different...and maybe even adapt some GTPDC rules.....BUt inorder to have competion rules must be agreed upon and that is all i am trying to do here any input helps....If you need help with xlink....read their forums....it works.... 👍 OH this idea of an Online drift comp is NEW...the more the merrier...I hope to see u on xlink...U can find me there....under a diff name lol....drift on I WANT TO START THIS SOON.

Hey, I dont usuall talk on the forums here... i kinda just check out everyone and there vids, but now that i see people are finally interested in xlink i guess i should let me presence be known...i go on xlink with another one of my friends and we usually have sprinting battles so if anybody wants to challenge us our xlink names are...

TheKanzenGroup -me

Embblaster- my friend

we are fairly decent... but we prefer speed drifting rather than exhibition type stuff

AznRasta
Hey, I dont usuall talk on the forums here... i kinda just check out everyone and there vids, but now that i see people are finally interested in xlink i guess i should let me presence be known...i go on xlink with another one of my friends and we usually have sprinting battles so if anybody wants to challenge us our xlink names are...

TheKanzenGroup -me

Embblaster- my friend

we are fairly decent... but we prefer speed drifting rather than exhibition type stuff
NIce to see the interest! speed driftin is tight!....but i notice ppl end up gripin so....you should try and do more show driftin! hehe unless yer a hardcore high angle speed drifter.....u can find me on there as RL9010 I can do both but prefer show cause it takes more control....aka more countersteerin...i see ppl slide more then drift when goin for speed...keepit up hopefully drift with u guys soon~!

id be intrested. i just need to get everything set so i can connect with people. havent tried it yet though.

AznRasta

TheKanzenGroup -me

Embblaster- my friend

Where do u live?

👍
ragnerock
This information is very helpful. Now i should have no probs
I hope i didn't leave anything out but use it as a guide and it should work! No one helped me so THIS IS MY FAVOR TO THE WORLD. Drift on!

1. 2 rounds
2. take turns leading
3. Crash or spin out, you loose that round
4. get passed and cant pass back, u loose the round
5. if the gap is like Xft or more and you cant close the gap, you loose the round
6. judging is determined by angle, smoke, and entertainment (EX. if the racer following gets like 3 inches from the lead car... I think you know)

Note: X=what ever number

RX-7 FD Drifter
1. 2 rounds
2. take turns leading
3. Crash or spin out, you loose that round
4. get passed and cant pass back, u loose the round
5. if the gap is like Xft or more and you cant close the gap, you loose the round
6. judging is determined by angle, smoke, and entertainment (EX. if the racer following gets like 3 inches from the lead car... I think you know)

Note: X=what ever number
will GTP help support online drift comps....it may be the only way to regulate...and judge....

um what you could do is post the tandem drift battles on gtp and have your judges watch the video like 16 drifters and and each drifter has a week to do a vid with the other person they are drifting against, then when they are done post it in the thread the judges look at it say who is the winner and wait for next weeks entrys, and for you to make the slots before they run out you have to submit a entry video and the judges will take a look at it and if they like you you got a spot and we will have back ups so if a person can't do it for some reason you might get picked.

here is a graph i have made up
and like say after 4 comps the winners from those comps will face off and they will be name champ or what ever don't really care.

Attachments

• xlinkcomp.jpg
    xlinkcomp.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 30
i like your little bracket system and the set off rules posted if we are gonna do online battles they need to be organized by version of gt4 ie. pal ntsc j or whatever i will get with dking and a few others and start apointing judges and we will go from there

Ill be in this but I just got through a laggy game , I mean real laggy. it looked like 10 Frames Per second.
nk4e
California,USA
NTSC

i'd like to do this, but i need to get xlink still and i need to get better at drifting. Ill enter just to learn some lines and stuff like that. I'll sign up for xlink sometime today...

Name= TheKanzenGroup
Version= NTSC
Location= FloridaUSA
Input Device= DFP

....sry about not responding too much

my friend is...

Name= Embblaster
Version= NTSC
Location= Florida USA
Input Device= DS2

it's summer! maybe now i can get back into GT4? lol
and back to xlink! :dopey: