El Capitain Enduro With Motosport Lotus Elise

  • Thread starter Thread starter marty_one
  • 13 comments
  • 897 views
Messages
54
I just completed the El Capitain Enduro race last night, to my surprise I entered in with a heavily modified Lotus Motosport Elise '99 (no turbo upgrades) round about 269 hp and won by about 1.5 laps and 185 A-Spec points.

I was quite surprised about the high number of points considering that the elise is probably one of the most under powered cars in the grid lineup. As I was racing against cars like the Tuscan Speed 6, etc.
 
It may be underpowered but it is also underweight giving it a decent PWR hence the decent points. Now all you need to do is drop a few hp, add a bit of ballast and go and get 200 pts.
 
I did this race with a saleen S7 in B-spec mode. The motorsport elise was the only car that kept up.
 
I used an Amuse R1 and the Saleen Series 1 almost kept up. It was left in the dust after about 20 laps. I want to redo this race in a more challenging car.
 
if you have it a Tuscan Speed 6 might be a bit more challenging, but the Elise is the killer car here though. because after each pit the AI Elise would be matching my laps once its tyres warmed up. but because I was running h/sh I always managed to put in a few more laps at pace than the AI elise did.
 
i used a stock Astom Martin Vantage. It was 176 points and i won by 1 minute. i did it al by myself except for one stint near the beginning before i realized my bspec driver was losing about 4 seconds a lap to the other cars.
 
stock TVR T350C. 196 points. only competition, the motorsport elise.
 
KaffeinE 86
I used an Amuse R1 and the Saleen Series 1 almost kept up. It was left in the dust after about 20 laps. I want to redo this race in a more challenging car.

With 200kg ballast, S1 tyres and 295bhp, my Amuse R1 was chased by a Motorsport Elise right until the first pit-stop. However, I managed to stay out longer, and as it struggled through the traffic I won by a minute in the end. Close and good fun - and yes, 200pts :dopey: I found the Shelby Series 1 was miles behind - even TVR's were going quicker.
 
I Aspec'd this enduro not long ago with a RX-7 Spirit R. I installed LSD, triple clutch, and bumped horse power into the 350 range, can't remember which tunings exactly, but I never use tuning that cannot be removed, ie port/polish or balancing. It was a 190 pt race, in which I lapped 3rd-6th fairly early and lapped 2nd three laps from the finish.

I ran against a Zonda 2nd, Vette Rally Sport, Vette Z06, Speed 6 (I think), V8 Vantage.

It looked like it was going to be good racing, then it just seemed as if the Zonda fell off-pace. The Speed 6 made good times but tires and pits killed it.
 
the computer sucks at driving in that course even with the formula one cars. seems to me like they brake too much and i can at least get five seconds off of one lap.
My b-spec driver sucks the lotus lapped my amuse s2000 r1. i put it on a-spec and i cought up easily
 
with the AMUSE R1 i b-spec'd cuz i had school but when i came back i was 2 laps ahead along with a win. b-spec points - 6708
 
If you've seen my other comments about the Elise you won't be surprised that I'm not surprised. The Lotus Elise is hands-down my favorite car in the game. I prefer the standard Elise, but have had to use the Sport model in some races where the standard Elise just doesn't have quite enough power.

After some practice I was finally able to win the entire 10-race Japanese GT series with the Elise (standard), as well as the top series of European events (can't remember the title). Most of those races were 18x - 19x races, so they were pretty tough. I'm not a great driver really, and in most vehicles I have a hard time winning races much over 100 a-spec points. The Elise is the only vehicle I can routinely win races at close to 200 a-spec points with. I've also played around with timing vehicles in the High-Speed ring corners, and so far, without exception, the Elise can hold the turns at a higher speed than any other vehicle I've tried (and I'm including my true race cars in this comparison). But the most fun is taking the Elise through tight winding courses, and especially the city courses.

Try some more hard races and you'll probably come to love the cars even more.
 
Most Lotuses (Lotii?) are capable of punching WELL above their weight. Even the moderately powered Esprit can crack 200 mph:)
 
Back