level 17 ... stage 4 ... "S" anyone ?

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 17 comments
Portugal
Lisboa
FLAT_TWELVE
I still haven't got an "S" on this one, just "A", with a lap I figured was nearly perfect.

Because of this stage I've got so much experience with Loweseensring that it is now the track where I can get my most "against the odds" wins.

I think this stage has been cleared with an "S" by other forum members (kamkor, ryosuke, Max DC, maybe others?), so and I want to know from you guys which were your last mistakes and what did you improve in your driving to S-clear this one.

btw, I drive with a DF. does the 900º of the DFP make it any easier???

PS - I have another "A" in stage 4/level 18 (handbrake drifting with the Caterham), but that is just a funny stage, unlike this "pure driving" one.

All I can say it's practice & practice...

Though most test are based on racing lines, so make it like a time attack race! Don't really focus on the bar, but on the line for the track & you'll end up beating it.

{SPOILER}Also about the last test with the drifting Caterham... You don't really need to drift it if you know which button to use, lol!

Hun200kmh
I still haven't got an "S" on this one, just "A", with a lap I figured was nearly perfect.

Because of this stage I've got so much experience with Loweseensring that it is now the track where I can get my most "against the odds" wins.

I think this stage has been cleared with an "S" by other forum members (kamkor, ryosuke, Max DC, maybe others?), so and I want to know from you guys which were your last mistakes and what did you improve in your driving to S-clear this one.

btw, I drive with a DF. does the 900º of the DFP make it any easier???

PS - I have another "A" in stage 4/level 18 (handbrake drifting with the Caterham), but that is just a funny stage, unlike this "pure driving" one.

To be honest, I don't really like Le Mans cars in any game... The handling and everytthing is too perfect, it's just about speed... So I just skipped to the next test after I had my A rating....As far as I can remember it took quite some time before I even passed it once....

Mr Deap
{SPOILER}Also about the last test with the drifting Caterham... You don't really need to drift it if you know which button to use, lol!

i "S" all of the tests on that level

as for lvl 17 stage 4........i got A also.......since i can't unlock the lemans cars with that A........i just when to Free Run and unlock the cars there :embarrassed:

Mr Deap

Thx, Mr. Deap, I never thought of that, it's cleared with "S" now! :dopey:

About St.4/Lvl 17, last night I improved my previous "A" rating (I've got 50.000+ points and I filled the green bar/meter/whatever), but still no "S". In my best try I still got 4 "Good" and I think you can only get a few "Great" and all others "Perfect" to get the "S".

I have "A" in both level 17´s stages 3 and 4, the only "S"´s I´m missing. But I haven´t played Enthusia in a couple of months now.

About the level 18, I got all "S" drifting. It took me a while but it was quite fun.

eraser_rx
i think you need at least 90% perfect to get S.....or 85?....don't know....

I think that, apart from a certain percentage of "perfects", you can't have anything below "great". In one stage (I think it was a Dragon Range one, but I'm not sure), I remember to have everything "perfect" except two "greats" and two "goods". And that got me an "A". Practising a litle more I got the same amount of perfects, and four "greats". And I got the "S".

But I can't be sure. From my experience, two options remain:

a) you get "S" with a mixed result above a particular rating (in this case, as an example, you can even have "S" with one or two "goods" if everything else is "perfect"),

b) or you can't have "S" with one single "good", even if everything else is"perfect".

You will not get a "S" if you get one "good".

Have all Gold's myself now, and my tip for level 17 is practice all the sections well, before you go for the full course (stage 4). I was struggling mostly with Stage 1 myself.

Also on corner entry don't go faster than you need to. If you go faster than shown on the markers you might have to slow down midcorner and then you get to slow out of corner and will end up with only "Good" after the corner because too slow. That was my biggest problem going into corners to fast. If you pay close attention to the markers, you see that some corners you don't have to enter that quick.

- only aim for "Great" on the sections you find most difficult.

- also found the brake markers disturbing. If brake on the marker I end up too fast into corner. Ok to start earlier aslong as long you stay within "Great" on speed.

- Bullitt

Hun200kmh
...btw, I drive with a DF. does the 900º of the DFP make it any easier???

Not at all. The game isn't really compatible with the 900 degree mode, and with it turned on you're stuck with a whole lot more wheel rotation and little to no force feedback... :yuck:

WeAreN1nja
Not at all. The game isn't really compatible with the 900 degree mode, and with it turned on you're stuck with a whole lot more wheel rotation and little to no force feedback... :yuck:

I actually like the lesser force feedback. If you need more feedback then maybe set the thing to strong instead of weak?

Putting it on 210° is like driving a kart, I prefer the 900° to compare it to RL driving (as the developers want you to).

The force feedback on "strong" should feel good enough. I've seen more people post that the force is to weak in EPR, but I really cannot agree with that (PAL-version for me).

If on the orther hand, reducing your wheellock would make Driving Revolution easier...
I would not do it still. I prefer to "S" my stages the hardest way. (making me being stuck at 14 or15 for now, I spend to much time doing time attacks with RUF's :)

To Mr Deap:

That's a dirty, rotten trick, and you know it! :sly: I figured it out last weekend when I was going back through level 18 for fun. But I highly recommend getting S the intended way if you haven't already. It's fun, challenging, and something you've never experienced in a License test :) . So far the only stage that I have left is stage 4/ level 17, which I have an A on. I haven't been in DR for awhile, I've been working away at filling up my car collection in EL. I'm pretty sure the biggest problem I have is that long right hand turn before the finish line. Two or three times I've had an S run in the works ruined by that turn. :grumpy:
And the first time I pulled up the menu and found the option to change force feedback, I was so thrilled. Switched it to the strongest level, and although I would have preferred another, stronger option, it does much better than the default.

eraser_rx
disengage the clutch means that there will be no power transfered from engine to the wheels........

Yeah, that's it. But when you engage the clutch again (and you'll have to do the engaging/disengaging several times, like with the handbrake) the engine will be revving in the redline, so expect a sudden oversteer.

It's not as difficult as with the handbrake (most of all because of the "gap" between pulling it and the car's reaction ... about 1/2 second) , but not at all easy.

Went back and got the S on this stage. Took a few tries, nothing is really too complex, i just usually try to stay at the lowest speed required for perfect when driving through the gates. Its also real important to modulate your throttle well when coming out of the corners. The hardest part for me was the gate right at the start of the right turn before the long s turn and straight, because you need to slow down for it but your not quite sure how much. Its best to just brake fairly lightly as your approaching it so you can react when you see the bar drop to the center and get back on the gas.

Driving with 900 degree mode is an advantage once you master it. The other 200 degree mode or whatever makes it a tad easier to keep the car from spinning out, but it also is too eratic for clean racing lines.

Remember to just restart even if you get one 'good', you need great or perfect to have a chance at getting 'S' rank.

Back