the difference in Silvias

since i'm a silvia drift lover, i had like one or two questions about them.
In gran turismo 4, there is, to my knowledge the S13 two-door, the S13 sileighty, in gt3 there was the fastback, does it still exist in GT4? and then S14 K's and S14 q's....these are the ones i enjoy using.

but about the S13 types, I know there is the '89 body style, the sileighty custom sil+180sx, and then fastback type X...but i cannot find the type X(180sx)...
does anyone know if its in gran turismo 4, or if its called something else?

yes there is the fastback in this game.
the '96 240sx fastback in the game is the 180sx from japan but in america is named the 240sx.
in this game it has a turbo'd 2.0 Liter engine like the 180sx in real life in japan, but the amercan 240sx had a 2.4 Liter non-turbo engine(stock) in real life.

Basically, the US 240SX fastback represented in this game is a 180SX with 240SX badging anyway. I have an 89 fastback, and I knew right away that car wasn't a 240SX. The bumper is different, has a different spoiler, and it says it has a 2.0L turbo'd engine OEM (SR20DET), whereas the 240SX has the KA24DE normally aspirated engine.

IMO, its a pretty big flub by PD, because that car is NOT a 240SX. Its a 180SX. I would have had no problem with that car if they called it a 180SX, but they didn't properly represent a 240SX.

I'd have loved to see a 240SX Coupe, but the closest they have is the Silvia.

DrifterSX
Basically, the US 240SX fastback represented in this game is a 180SX with 240SX badging anyway. I have an 89 fastback, and I knew right away that car wasn't a 240SX. The bumper is different, has a different spoiler, and it says it has a 2.0L turbo'd engine OEM (SR20DET), whereas the 240SX has the KA24DE normally aspirated engine.

IMO, its a pretty big flub by PD, because that car is NOT a 240SX. Its a 180SX. I would have had no problem with that car if they called it a 180SX, but they didn't properly represent a 240SX.

you said what i said, but you said it clearer than I did.
I agree with your middle paragraph too.

oh okay, i think i get what your saying now, blotto3000/drifterSX.
the thing is, your right, it doesnt look like what i thought it would, so I didnt know if it was one or the other...
thank you for clearing that up.
NOW I WANT ALL THE SILVIAS AND 240S IN GT5

All of them? Can we replace some of the Skylines with them? 💡 It gets old when half the cars in the used lot are Nissans :crazy:

blotto3000
the '96 240sx fastback in the game is the 180sx from japan but in america is named the 240sx.
in this game it has a turbo'd 2.0 Liter engine like the 180sx in real life in japan, but the amercan 240sx had a 2.4 Liter non-turbo engine(stock) in real life.
wrong it was turbo. came out with the rb24det

telfer
wrong it was turbo. came out with the rb24det

Ii'm pretty sure that's wrong, there is no such thing as an rb24det. There is the ca18det, the s13 red top sr20det, the s13 black top sr20det, the s14 black top sr20det with vvt, and the s15 black top sr20det with 6spd tranny and ball bearing turbo. For the skylines it was the rb20det, the rb25det, and the rb26dett. The ka24e, and the ka24de were in the 240sx's in the US. ka24e in 89-90, and ka24de in 91-94. i believe the s14's had a little bit diff engine but i could be wrong, i'm not an expert when it comes to s14's

CrazyTrance
Ii'm pretty sure that's wrong, there is no such thing as an rb24det. There is the ca18det, the s13 red top sr20det, the s13 black top sr20det, the s14 black top sr20det with vvt, and the s15 black top sr20det with 6spd tranny and ball bearing turbo. For the skylines it was the rb20det, the rb25det, and the rb26dett. The ka24e, and the ka24de were in the 240sx's in the US. ka24e in 89-90, and ka24de in 91-94. i believe the s14's had a little bit diff engine but i could be wrong, i'm not an expert when it comes to s14's
ok ok , as far as i know sr20's never came out with a 6 speed , also rb24's u can turbo'ed , the rb25det is just and upsized one, perfect engine for drifting the rb24's.

blotto3000
ok you siad 180SX and then u said SR20DEt....180Sx= CA18DET. in early model 180s it there was a CA but they switched to SR in the type X

telfer
ok ok , as far as i know sr20's never came out with a 6 speed , also rb24's u can turbo'ed , the rb25det is just and upsized one, perfect engine for drifting the rb24's.
the NOTCH top SR20DET that came in the S15 had a 6speed transmission but its kinda weak so ppl usually switch to a 5spd when swaping but whtever. and there is no such thing as an RB24 only RB20, 25, 26, and 30!!!

CrazyTrance
the engine is basically the same the notch top does have vvt and a little bigger turbo...only adds a few HP though. just a few updates for the newer models. noting big enough to change the engine code though

sidewayzinCA, i think you quoted the wrong person, i think you meant to quote this post in stead of mine,
specifically the only part that is in (parenthesis)

DrifterSX

EDIT: i dont know if you meant me or not because i did say turbo'd 2.0 liter

Okay, Im friends with sidewayzinca. Ive been into to drifting for 6 years, have had two 240's and a corolla. He sends me links to this website all the time showing me how much WRONG information is going around. Im tired of it, so i registered. i dont have a ps2, and played the game twice.

Okay, There is no such car as a sil-80. This was made in the mid 90's by a company called kidsheart. It was no different, just the silvia front body panels, and some small upgrades by kidsheart and nismo.

The s13 came as a coupe and a fastback. The fastback or 180sx, came with a ca18det in 89-90. The 180 came from the ca(18). In 91 it got the redtop SR. IT was made until 98.

The Silvia never had the RB. Only the SR. In the US it had the KA24 series motors, 89-90 gbeing the shoc, 91-94 DOHC. We only got popup lights, in japan the siliva had fixed.

The sr20det came with a 6-spd in ALL S15 models, minus autos.

No such thing as rb24, and NO turbos in the US 240sx. Any questions, ask me, ill clear up most of the BS here.

Oh, no PERFECT engine for drifting. Its all driver. You dont need power to drift, i perfer my mild tunded KA24DE to SR20.

no!!!! read what u said..."the 180SX has an SR20." WTF its a 180SX not a 200SX . the 180SX has a 1.8 liter engine. it is similar to EVERY CAR NISSAN HAS MADE WITH NUMBERS IN THE NAME.
i.e. 240SX 2.4 liter, 200SX(silvia) 2.0 liter, US 180sx(sentra) 1.8 liter, CA18DE or something its the same motor as a 180 in japan only with no turbos thats why a CA swap is popular bc once a motor is in the US it is much easier to get past smog and police

i never said sr20, i did say turbo'd 2.0 liter. same thing i guess, but looky here

ihaveareal240
The s13 came as a coupe and a fastback. The fastback or 180sx, came with a ca18det in 89-90. The 180 came from the ca(18). In 91 it got the redtop SR. IT was made until 98.

(read italics)

if the redtop SR is the SR20DET engine (which i googled and it is(pretty sure)), you are talking about pre-1991 180sx's. this game has a '96 and in this game it has a 2.0 Liter turbo'd engine stock. therefor my post from 3 ½ hours ago was correct.

EDIT: when i say "you are talking about...", i mean sidewayzinCA , not ihaveareal240

sidewayzinCA
yeah your right. i was confused. i just thought 180= CA, but it was switched. my bad

no big deal, it was a couple numbers or letters. it could get mixed up easily.
i was also going to suggest reading this post by CrazyTrance (the part i put in italics)

CrazyTrance

by the way, what is red top and black top,
im going to guess it happens to be the color of the engine cover so it can be easily recognized by people who dont know engine names(such as myself) like sr20det.

No such thing as rb24, and NO turbos in the US 240sx. Any questions, ask me, ill clear up most of the BS here.

sorry to burst your bubble but there are RB24 engines
They are called RB24s and can find them some A31 Cefiros.

untitled-duplicated-01.jpg

it is a 2.4 litre single cam carburetted rb engine

sorry if this is abit off topic but i just seen it and i thought i would point it out.
cheers
Sam

MaVeN NZ
sorry to burst your bubble but there are RB24 engines
They are called RB24s and can find them some A31 Cefiros.

it is a 2.4 litre single cam carburetted rb engine

sorry if this is abit off topic but i just seen it and i thought i would point it out.
cheers
Sam

the direct quote you wanted was
CrazyTrance
...there is no such thing as an rb24det...

he has that everso important "t" on the end, does the RB24 aka RB24s have a turbo? (i dont know engines that well so im am asking, not being sarcastic)

sidewayzinCA
ok you siad 180SX and then u said SR20DEt....180Sx= CA18DET. in early model 180s it there was a CA but they switched to SR in the type X

the NOTCH top SR20DET that came in the S15 had a 6speed transmission but its kinda weak so ppl usually switch to a 5spd when swaping but whtever. and there is no such thing as an RB24 only RB20, 25, 26, and 30!!!

the engine is basically the same the notch top does have vvt and a little bigger turbo...only adds a few HP though. just a few updates for the newer models. noting big enough to change the engine code though
DUDE U WANNA BET THERE IS AN RB24

blotto3000
by the way, what is red top and black top,
im going to guess it happens to be the color of the engine cover so it can be easily recognized by people who dont know engine names(such as myself) like sr20det.

blacktops make 220hp@6000rpm, 203ft.lbs@4800rpm - red top makes 205hp@6000rpm, 203ft.lbs@4000rpm

the '93 to '97 black tops in the 180sx had an upgraded ECU

the '94-'98 black tops in S14's had different turbo (T28 instead of red tops T25G) - some sleeve bearing, some ball bearing. They also had variable valve timing.
I believe the location of the injectors on the S14 black top is changed from the earlier black tops and red tops.

I've also heard rumours that blacktops had a different piston design, and the occasional one had sodium filled valves. Again, not sure how accurate that is.

oh, and of course, different valve cover colour

i'm really glad i started this thread...
i've just quickly read through everything said, and i learned alot and then some about silvias and nissan in general.
thank you very much, i dont care if its an arguement, alot of you guys are right on about the cars.
thanks XD

Back