Crappy Cars made badass Winners

• Thread starter hispeed
  • 41 comments
The goal of this thread is to find out the following: You take a luosy, crappy car you never expected much from, tune it to the max, and see just how many races it can win. No limits in tuning, everything allowed, even dirty driving, shortcuts, ramming, wallriding.

I did like this: Went to my garage, sorted cars by HP, and started with the first eligible car for races, the 15HP Daihatsu Midget '63. Tuned with a stage1 turbo and custom tranny, I went for it.

Just do the same with your crappy cars, Fiat 500's, Subaru 360's, small'n old Hondas, anything you didn't think was useable, tune it to MAX, and see what it can win. A-Spec points is if lesser importance here, but feel free to post them as well

The "Crappy Car made Badass" List

Daihatsu Midget '63 (37HP, 415kg) Wins:
Sunday cup race 1,2 and 5 (All 200 a-spec)
Lightweight cup: All (113 A-spec)
(Perhaps Japanese compact cup)

VW Beetle Standard '49 (76HP, 655kg) Wins:
Sunday Cup - All races (62 A-spec)
Beetle cup - race 1 - Fuji 90's (200 A-spec)
Clubman - race 5 - Deep forest (200 A-spec)
Tsukuba wet (easy) rally vs. Skyline GT-R N1 (200 A-spec)
Beetle cup - All races (200 A-spec)
Capri Rally (easy) - Both races (Around 130 A-spec)
Schwartzwald Liga A - All races (200 A-spec)
Euro classic car league - Nurburgring vs. Jaguar E-type (less then 10 A-Spec, the rest of the field where low power cars.)

Citroën 2CV Type A '54 (54HP, 450kg) Wins:
2CV race - all (1 A-Spec)
Sunday Cup - All (148 A-spec)
FF Challenge - race 2 - Suzuka east (200 A-spec)
more to try out

my honda crx is one of my fastest ff cars within a reasonable price range, it is also a kickass drifter, not sure it counts as a crappy car to begin with though.

jamezracer
my honda crx is one of my fastest ff cars within a reasonable price range, it is also a kickass drifter, not sure it counts as a crappy car to begin with though.

You go ahead and post, but It's way down on the crappy car list with its stock 108HP, so the interesting thing is: what can it win. Impress us all.

I'd love to see a crx drift. Not say it can't be done, just that in real life it's only 20 times harder than drifting with anything else.

Man, there's a reason these are crappy cars, for the most part they're no fun to drive... I'll see what I can find next time I play.

So much fun winning FF challenge races with the '54 2CV and Clubman races with the '49 Beetle :lol: even gives you 200 A-spec pts as well.

I think it'd be helpful to list the weight and HP you get from the fully souped up versions as you head up the Crappy Car list.

And DO NOT forget the wing :dopey:

(Sorry, I actually posted this in the stock car thread. Makes much more sense here)

Great idea hispeed, as I mentioned in another thread, which this thread is more suitable, I finally went to the Suzuki manufacturer races and won my first GSX/R4. I took it to the Tokyo endurance and waxed the competition by an entire lap with a fully tuned GSX/R4 with the exception of weight reduction and permanent horse power mods. Even though it was a runaway win the Suzuki is a real pleasure to drive. It is amazing how fast the car takes curves. The all JGTC 500 lineup killed it in straight line acceleration, but the Suzuki hardly has to even brake for curves. It was a 196 point races on racing mediums. A slight horse power reduction for 200 points probably wouldn't effected the outcome.

JParker

Great win JParker, but the GSX/R4 ain't crappy enough to really fit the boundries of this thread. I'd place it as a hot candidate for the 200pt thread with those few HP shaved off.

jdw came up with a good question. What car in GT4 can win the most races total?
I'll let him start a new one on this topic unless anybody got the answers right now.

hispeed
Great win JParker, but the GSX/R4 ain't crappy enough to really fit the boundries of this thread. I'd place it as a hot candidate for the 200pt thread with those few HP shaved off.

jdw came up with a good question. What car in GT4 can win the most races total?
I'll let him start a new one on this topic unless anybody got the answers right now.
Funny you posted that, I was about to edit my post to that very effect. The Suzuki is far, far from crappy. jdw's question would be tough. A car that could win the main halls and the Japanese, American, and European halls would be a hard search. Many of the continent races can be ran with cars from other countries, but how many? That's a toughy. Good luck with that one.

It's a big question.

What IS a crappy car exactly?

Is it just the lowest HP cars? I have plenty of cars that sure do LOOK crappy, like that stupid ugly Mirage 1400GLX I had to race around in last night.

I don't expect you to draw a specific line. Probably too hard to do. But some examples of what you do and do not think are crappy cars would help.

Example: Is the Mitsubishi i a "crappy" car?

I ask that because it has less HP than that Mirage but I don't think it's nearly as "crappy".

Well, I agree, maybe crappy ain't the best word either, but I'll try to explain what I intended:

#1: There are lots of low powered (15-90?) cars that you can buy used or get as nize prizes only to jump inside, take it to a race (almost any), and think: OH CRAP!

#2: Most often I would get myself a better car, not willing to spend big $ on this crappy car.

#3: After a while I thought about all these unused poor guys in my garage, and finally planned their "Revenge of the crappy cars!"

That about sumz it up. Crappy as stock, bad MF fully tuned is the spirit here.

jdw
It's a big question.

What IS a crappy car exactly?

Is it just the lowest HP cars? I have plenty of cars that sure do LOOK crappy, like that stupid ugly Mirage 1400GLX I had to race around in last night.

if you used the mirage for the Mirage Cups, then a better one usually appears in the used car list :P im not sure on the date though

hispeed
Is this useful for this thread? errrrr...No!

get your head out of your ****ing arse and read the post i quoted. i was just stating.

heres my contribution, the nissan 2CV. fully tuned it can reach a amazing 60mph!

chinko
get your head out of your ****ing arse and read the post i quoted. i was just stating.
heres my contribution, the nissan 2CV. fully tuned it can reach a amazing 60mph!
:lol:
I zee, you change from a mirage to another, better mirage for the mirage cup. Swell!
Nissan 2CV, neverheardofit.......:sly: But the Citroen is up there in post #1, ready to be taken further. Go for it, jump the fence!

lol.. poor chinko.. before he told me to find the Lm s2000 in the nissan carlot.. *pats him on the head*
As for crapmobils.. the fiat panda which now has its own thread is pretty not so crappy wen driven hard, it grips and goes like no other car of its catigory when tuned..

Cool, I just Love to challenge AI's and my friends with everyone "crappy" cars, they're awesome :D

2CV is one legend of all time
Old Beetle, same thing, and I actually did win with Beetle many races against 300hp+ cars (beetle was maxed up)

Only things that bothers me is these two cars from early 1886... they aren't that fun 'cuz you cannot race them with fellas'

I collect all those crappy cars. Ive tried to get every car from between 1940-1980. Unfortunately there are so many of them that i havent been able to race them all yet, let alone give them my standard race tune of semi race exhaust, r3 tyres, racing chip and weight reduction 1.

Some interesting wins with my VW Beetle Standard '49:
Tsukuba wet (easy) rally vs. Skyline GT-R N1 (200 A-spec)
Beetle cup - All races (200 A-spec)
Capri Rally (easy) - Both races (Around 130 A-spec)
Schwartzwald Liga A - All races (200 A-spec)
Euro classic car league - Nurburgring vs. Jaguar E-type (less then 10 A-Spec, the rest of the field where low power cars.)

Costa di Amalfi, is it? Somehow, I highly doubt a 500L is faster than a Lancia Integrale, Celica GT4 et al, especially around that track.

In terms of 'crappy', I have a 60-odd hp Fiat 500R, but I haven't seen what it can win yet.

I actually have one of them. Mine has 200bhp, and if I remember properly, I beat a standard Zonda C12 (the 388bhp one) with it :lol:

Back