How can I beat GT Championship?

• Thread starter Shift
  • 158 comments
I've got the Nissan XANAVI Skyline that cost me Cr. 1,350,000. I'm having a little trouble with the Gran Turismo Championshop in the Profressional event. Do you think I can win the tourney using my Skyline? đź’ˇ

Shift
I've got the Nissan XANAVI Skyline that cost me Cr. 1,350,000. I'm having a little trouble with the Gran Turismo Championshop in the Profressional event. Do you think I can win the tourney using my Skyline? đź’ˇ

I started a thread like this about a month ago. You need the minolta (win el capitan endurance). It's definitely the best car to use in this tornament. I won with it but i only won about 6 out of 10 races. good luck:tup:

Shift
Mate, i think there's been about 7 threads like this elsewhere on the Gran Turismo 4 threads.

You have a very slim chance of winning with a JGTC car. Try using an LMP(if you have one) :) :)

Why? What's wrong with my Skyline? It's pretty fast and has about 885HP, which is good.

Gigante, what is the maximum HP for the Minolta vechile?

Your skyline does not have the downforce the LMP's do. Therefore you will get blown away in every corner. You need to buy a 4.5 mill credit car or win one.

Ragnar1211
Your skyline does not have the downforce the LMP's do. Therefore you will get blown away in every corner. You need to buy a 4.5 mill credit car or win one.
True say. HP isn't everything cornering is the essential key point to win most of the
GT World Championship races.

4.5 million car? Jesus I can't offord that amount of money.

Technical question. What is downforce exactly? I have thought about getting the Nissan R89C Race Car '89. What do ya say?

Shift
4.5 million car? Jesus I can't offord that amount of money.

Technical question. What is downforce exactly? I have thought about getting the Nissan R89C Race Car '89. What do ya say?
To the get the R89C you need to win mission 31-34.

The R92CP is much easier to get thankks to the Fuji enduro. You can also win a Minolta at the El Capitan enduro. Both of those races can be a-speced or b-speced since they aren't too long, but they're still enduros. Other then that you could buy a 787B for 3.5 million. Or on day 694-700 and every 700 days later buy one of the 4 black beast(787B, R92CP, GT-1, R390). The older cars are faster and cheaper. They only cost 1.25 million, the newer cars cost 2.95 million.

To get money fast, b-spec the DTM series race in Euro Events in a fully tuned CLK touring car that can be won easily in Legends of the silver arrow under Mercedes Manufactorer's races.

Downforce is the force pushing the car down to the track. This allows the car to corner better, but slows top speed.

Shift
Technical question. What is downforce exactly?

forgive me for the following, but the engineering student in me is dying to see the light of day again.

Downforce and lift are forces which may be created by pressure differentials in fluids across a solid boundary. Simply stated, when the pressure of a fluid below a solid boundary is greater than the pressure above, lift is the result. When the pressure above is greater, you get downforce.

Aerofoils on aircraft generate lift by accelerating the air above the surface to a speed faster than the air below it. Inverted aerofoils on thing like F1 cars, etc etc, do the exact opposite.

the exact amount of lift or downforce is determined from the following equation in introductory fluid mechanics:

CL ~ 2 FL / (p(V^2)Ap
where CL is the coefficient of lift, FL is lift force (or downforce as the case may be), p is fluid density, V is the relative velocity of the fluid and solid boundary, and Ap is planform area.

now, aside from that - Famine summed things up quite nicely :)

Nate14Gt
To the get the R89C you need to win mission 31-34.

The R92CP is much easier to get thankks to the Fuji enduro. You can also win a Minolta at the El Capitan enduro. Both of those races can be a-speced or b-speced since they aren't too long, but they're still enduros. Other then that you could buy a 787B for 3.5 million. Or on day 694-700 and every 700 days later buy one of the 4 black beast(787B, R92CP, GT-1, R390). The older cars are faster and cheaper. They only cost 1.25 million, the newer cars cost 2.95 million.

To get money fast, b-spec the DTM series race in Euro Events in a fully tuned CLK touring car that can be won easily in Legends of the silver arrow under Mercedes Manufactorer's races.

Downforce is the force pushing the car down to the track. This allows the car to corner better, but slows top speed.

Okay inorder to get easy money, Ive to beat up the Legends of the silver arrow in Euro events. You will get the CLK tourning car. Now I've to sell it, is that what you meant?

Edit: I need more hints & tips on gaining money!! :crazy:

If you don't even know what downforce is, I guess you won't make it in an JGTC car. Speed is not defined by sheer horsepower, but by the way your car gets any power on the track.

The easiest way for you would be to enter the El Capitan Endurance and win a Minolta Toyota.

Yes, with upgraded stages, the JGTC cars are among the fastest around certain tracks. They already handle great, and a bit more HP makes them very competitive with cars in superior classes.

I waited 'til days 694-700 and bought the Black 787B used LM car in early 90's used car lot. I think it cost under 2,000,000. Of course, after you buy it, you need to do a rigitidy refreshment which costs another 50,000 credits, plus oil change and wash. Its one of the best LM cars in this game IMHO. With the black paint instead of the Renown green and orange, you can see the lines of the car better, looks cool with fresh coat of wax.

Shift
Okay inorder to get easy money, Ive to beat up the Legends of the silver arrow in Euro events. You will get the CLK tourning car. Now I've to sell it, is that what you meant?

Edit: I need more hints & tips on gaining money!! :crazy:
Don't sell the CLK Touring car. Take it to the Deutsche Touring Car Meistershaft series. B-Spec that, and win the M-B CLK GTR. Sell the GTR for over $900K, and redo.

You can't win with the Xanavi or Skyline and that's that. They're what I call road apples. Probably a Gillet is faster than a Skyline and the Gillet sucks compared to any LMP car. Good only for limited racing at best. Spend money on a Viper or Speed Six with a few mods and enter the El Capitan Enduro. You don't even need to spend that much since I've won El Capitan using an RX-7 with a few mods. Run it on A-spec or B-spec and win a Minolta Toyota. Mod the Toyota and win the Championship. Very simple, very cheap. You absolutely cannot lose the Championship or any race in the Championship with the Toyota. You just have to manage to get past the slower cars in Races such as Hong Kong or Opera if you start from the rear. If you pre-qualify and start from the front, you'll think you're racing by yourself since the other cars will be so far behind until you lap them.

No back talk, just do as I say.

The Merc GTR does not sell for over $900K credits. It sells for about $743K credits. However, if you include the 15K per race x5 plus the 75K for winning championship, you get a total of about 893K, no more.

First of all, let's get one thing out of the way: you can't win the GTWC in a JGTC car without cheating, simple as that.

Now you need to go get that 7% to open up the enduros. Get into any good sports car and do the El Capitan race, like everyone else has said. You will win the Minolta.

The other way to do this is to win a CLK Touring Car, then give it a turbo and race the DTM Championship. B-Spec x 3 it and win the CLK GTR Race Car. I would get one just for keeps. Now go back and do this about 6-7 more times. Then sell all your extra GTR's and you should have ~5,000,000 cr. Now go buy an Audi R8 and race in the GTWC.

Hope this helps.

SirBerra
You can't win with the Xanavi or Skyline and that's that.
No back talk, just do as I say.
Oh, REALLY? :confused:

kyle
First of all, let's get one thing out of the way: you can't win the GTWC in a JGTC car without cheating, simple as that.
Well, OBVIOUSLY YOU can't! :mischievous:

I'm just an average driver but I do think this is the BEST SERIES in GT4 đź‘Ť so I really enjoy running it. Although I am NOT a fan of Skylines (Probably since I've never seen one in real life) I couldn't resist challenging first SirBerra's & now kyle's statements.

I bought a brand new NISSAN Xanavi Skyline, added Turbo4 an oil change & purchased R-2 & R-4 tyres but didn't fit them. Absolutely MINIMAL Chassis tuning & NO "Tranny Trick."

I'm Five Races into the series & leading the Minolta by 14 Points. NO Wall contact...NO "AI" Contact initiated by ME...NO "Cheating" of any kind! đź‘Ž Why would you need to cheat? :confused: It's a fun series but NOT that difficult! :irked: It's getting to be less & less of a challenge as I get more used to the Skylines handling.

Would you guys like a full write up like this one (Check HERE: ) or just the pertinent info? (Race Time / Fast Lap / M.O.V.)
...O.G. :D

SirBerra
You can't win with the Xanavi or Skyline and that's that. Probably a Gillet is faster than a Skyline and the Gillet sucks compared to any LMP car.
Mod the Toyota and win the Championship.

Yes, the Minolta is the quick and easy way through the Championship.

For someone at 18%, it's probaly the second best way to go. The best way to go is to keep playing and come back to this championship later.

But SirBerra, your other statements are false.

1) The Skyline CAN win.
2) The Gillet is likely to be worse than the Skyline because it has much lower downforce than the Skyline does.

Dude you can beat it with a JGTC Car, Depends what ur racing, A or B Spec? You guys dont need the Minolta to beat those other cars. All is takes it practice and some skill to conquer the rest of the cars. đź’ˇ

Ahhhhh I have the Suzuki Escudo Pikes peak can i go the gt champianship with it, it is certainly faster than the other cars in participating. and another question: my suzuki escudo only does 208mph, is there something wrong with it? cuz in gt2 i could touch 253mhp with it. and is it still the fastest car in the game?

Sigh... No, you can't win the race with a freak'in Escudo!

Here's a tip: When entering tournaments like the GT Championship, always do practice laps at every race. Do more than what the actual race requires so that you can get a good feel of how the track and competition will be. Also this is good to show you what tires you can use. Some times people might be using entire wrong sets of tires, thus making a race 10x's harder. You can also mix and match to find the perfect set. Practice laps also show you what kind of suspension, brake, downforce, driving aids, and LSD's settings to use. This is a BIG race, so it will require huge amounts of effort and time. Don't worry though. You can always save the game in between races. But yeah... If you 100% on this race, or if you just want to win it, either way it'll be a tedious and time consuming ordeal. Thats just what Gran Turismo is all about. Welcome to the elementary grade tip of professional racing. You think this is challenging, just image what those pro's in real life have to deal with. Stop being a cry baby and just do what is needed. If that means saving up money for a real LMP car and practicing 24/7 before every race, than do it! Thats what is required for you to move forward. If you are too impatient, than sell the game. No matter what car you are in, you need to find the right mixture of settings. Doing these practice laps before every race ensures that you do just that. I've gone over 150 different races without a single loss thanks to the practice laps GT allows you before every race. I've been in the poll position 150 times, and I've had 150 different settings on my Z06. This "Trial and Error" meathod works, and I insist you do this. It helps a whole bunch in every race.

FAOLIU05 is right. And so is jdw. I'm pretty sure that I can with the race using my Xanavi Skyline. I'm a big fan of Skyline so I have my faith in it. Do you think Skyline is nothing but a piece of ****? If so, you must be wrong buddy.

Thanks all for your help. :)

Back