Hey im new here and I start to say im not that pro of a drifter...yet

Using DS2 so a little handicap maybe

This vid shows semi stock m5 slides and race trim charger r/t 440 slides

all with

Driving Aids
- ASM (Oversteer): 0
- ASM (Understeer): 4
- TCS: 0

I keep the Understeer on just for now...to get a hang of it all.

Enjoy and feel free to comment...as I am tha newbie :)

NiTrO

Setup for M5:

Car: BMW M5 '05
Power (540HP)
Oil change + CPU

Enlighten the car 100% + rollbar

Suspension
- Spring Rate F: 10.0 R: 10.2
- Ride Height F: 82 R: 83
- Shock Bound F: 8 R: 8
- Shock Rebound F: 8 R: 8
- Camber F: 2.0 R: 1.8
- Toe F: 0 R: 0
- Stabilisers F: 5 R: 4

Brakes : Racing
Brake Balance: 4 . 5

Transmission : Full
Setting 10

Limited-Slip Differential: Full std setting

Downforce F: 0 R: 0

Driving Aids
- ASM (Oversteer): 0
- ASM (Understeer): 4
- TCS: 0

Link:CLICK (10 mb) (link dead)

some good speed drifts with the 'enlightened' :sly: M5. Pretty decent control - although the steering was a bit wobbly in a few cases (something I too am quite often guilty of).

If you are infact a speed drifter, and intend to remain so, see if you can cut the angle even a little farther. Initiate your rotation at the start of the turn such that you require minimal or zero-countersteering through the remainder of the turn. Rotate the car solely with the throttle beyond that point.

I feel the first turn you displayed in the M5 on Apricot Hill's last bend was your strongest. Get all the speed drifts looking like that - only a very slight CS angle, and a very thin and light wisp of smoke trailing behind. Some of the others - like those on Trial Mountain appeared to slip away from you.

keep it up 👍

now with regards to the settings:
KICK OFF THE TRAINING WHEELS!!!
lose the crutch and set all the aids to 0. No reason a M5 wont drift with power and some smart suspension setup alone. I know you say you're keeping it now while you're learning, but why not learn with it off if you just plan to turn it off later?

TankSpanker
some good speed drifts with the 'enlightened' :sly: M5. Pretty decent control - although the steering was a bit wobbly in a few cases (something I too am quite often guilty of).

If you are infact a speed drifter, and intend to remain so, see if you can cut the angle even a little farther. Initiate your rotation at the start of the turn such that you require minimal or zero-countersteering through the remainder of the turn. Rotate the car solely with the throttle beyond that point.

I feel the first turn you displayed in the M5 on Apricot Hill's last bend was your strongest. Get all the speed drifts looking like that - only a very slight CS angle, and a very thin and light wisp of smoke trailing behind. Some of the others - like those on Trial Mountain appeared to slip away from you.

keep it up 👍

now with regards to the settings:
KICK OFF THE TRAINING WHEELS!!!
lose the crutch and set all the aids to 0. No reason a M5 wont drift with power and some smart suspension setup alone. I know you say you're keeping it now while you're learning, but why not learn with it off if you just plan to turn it off later?

tnx bro for the kind words..means allot coming from a pro like urself :)

ill kill the understeer too....hope i can keep it then

i want more angle but this baby is a snapper....and i need a good and wide track...

what is good for training?

apricot hill mirrored?

Also u folks ever drift laguna? has some fun corners i think!

Laguna Seca isn't too bad. If you want a good track to practice drifting on, other than the typical Deep Forest and Trial Mountain, is Grand Valley. The various types of turns keeps you on your toes and allows ya too throw your car through a diverse set of corners. One of my personal favorites.

i liked the music and cars of the american vid. i really want that gtsr. the cars kept getting progressively better, but the lack of oversteer to power over through the turns is apparent. stiffen up the rear and/or turn up the rear downforce to get those cars to kick out better.

TRi
i liked the music and cars of the american vid. i really want that gtsr. the cars kept getting progressively better, but the lack of oversteer to power over through the turns is apparent. stiffen up the rear and/or turn up the rear downforce to get those cars to kick out better.

yep understeery monsters most of these cars...

i dont use downforce @ all, might try that

the GTSR concept can be won @ chrysler crossfire factory race

its pretty cool car

anyone have good setup for the z06? and the srt10, cos they dont drift really....

heavy monsters...

sweet, looks like ima be racing some crossfires later on.

my methods of reducing understeer/increasing oversteer:
-stiffening the rear end(usually more than the front)
-Increasing downforce to the rear
-putting weight balance towards the rear

Back