Simple way to drive Circuit de la Sarthe in the daytime

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 24 comments
  • 1,823 views
Messages
8,077
Messages
GTP_Royalton
I searched for this couldnt find anything so here it is

To drive Circuit de la Sarthe during the day simply press start, go to screen settings, and turn contrast and brightness all the way up to +5.

Same works to make it dark, turn these settings all the way down. Doesnt look as realistic as da y, but is better then nothing.
 
Try it then come back and tell me what you think. The graphics look 10x better I think.
 
Huh, cool little thing you found out.
I like it.
 
Earth
Try it then come back and tell me what you think. The graphics look 10x better I think.

If that works for you, fine; but I would recommend learning the track perfectly so you won't have that crutch.
 
kennythebomb
If that works for you, fine; but I would recommend learning the track perfectly so you won't have that crutch.
What are you on about?

He doesn't need help driving the course. He's just talking about a way to make it brighter and look better. Not that the day helps him.
 
McLaren F1GTR
What are you on about?

He doesn't need help driving the course. He's just talking about a way to make it brighter and look better. Not that the day helps him.

That's the impression I got.

After reading his post, I guess it is possible I misniterpreted it. If I did, sorry.
 
I think he meant when your doing the 24 hrs races. Making the brightness must make it look more like the day and lowering the brightness must make it look more like night time.
 
I must ask..what exactly is the point of this thread? "If you turn the brightness up, it turns to day?"
....This guy's good....:rolleyes:
 
You should try getting a friend to hit the tv power button on and off really fast to simulate lightening flashes, or get him to drop torn up newspaper in front fo you to simualte snow.
 
Kolyana
You should try getting a friend to hit the tv power button on and off really fast to simulate lightening flashes, or get him to drop torn up newspaper in front fo you to simualte snow.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
 
Kolyana
You should try getting a friend to hit the tv power button on and off really fast to simulate lightening flashes, or get him to drop torn up newspaper in front fo you to simualte snow.

What's the big problem the guy has probably seen people complain that the time of day dosen't change during the 24 hour races and is just making a sujestion of how to try to fix that.
 
xXSilencerXx
What's the big problem the guy has probably seen people complain that the time of day dosen't change during the 24 hour races and is just making a sujestion of how to try to fix that.


Well, more accurately his technique simulates: Driving in the dark ... with no lights on.

New ideas:

1. Get your friend to wildly cycle the contrast as you drive to simulate sun glare.

2. Get him to jump in front of the tv, scream and throw himself overe your head to simulate an over eager spectator paying the price of standing in your path.

3. Have your friend put his thumb over the end of a water hose and continually douse you with a fine spray of water. Wear glasses and it'll seem like real rain ... especially if he grabs your wheel from time to time to simulate a slick road!!!
 
.... Or simply stop racing to simulate that you are out of the 24h with a technical failure ;) :)
 
Maybe this friend could grab one chair leg and shake violently for a couple of seconds before barging you off into your desk to simulate a puncture at 190mph?
 
*killing myself laughing*

Seriously though, if you want to simulate dark and light, surely putting on a pair of yellow glasses and then swapping them for some really dark shades 8 hours later is less hassle than fudging through some menus? And driving in the dark with no lights is not a problem either - just tie two flashlights to your dualshock. Bonus there is that a few hours into the night, at some unpredictable moment, they will simulate a gradual failure of your car's alternator.

Also, if you are, like me, slightly disappointed at the lack of car damage, you could simulate serious crashes (like smashing face first into the tyre wall at the end of the Mulsanne straight at two hundred and plenty miles per hour because you were wearing dark glasses and your flashlight batteries failed) by hurling yourself out of a first floor window. It's what I do and I tell you what, it's improved my driving no end. I haven't crashed in ages :scared: :scared: :scared:
 
I never said it was a great idea I was just saying you guys are getting all over a guy for trying to help with realism.
 
xXSilencerXx
I never said it was a great idea I was just saying you guys are getting all over a guy for trying to help with realism.

So were we....:p
 
zonekill
.... Or simply stop racing to simulate that you are out of the 24h with a technical failure ;) :)

soptom
Maybe this friend could grab one chair leg and shake violently for a couple of seconds before barging you off into your desk to simulate a puncture at 190mph?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
 
Was it really too difficult to have the track cycle through day to night? Maybe GT5 will have it. I think the flying planes at the beginning of the race are just a way of saying "sorry we couldn't give you night driving on a 24h race, enjoy the planes!".
 
Yea, because do'you know what? those planes nreally make up for it. I just think to myself everytime i see them, im glad they put those in instead of the day/night cycle.


Sorry, it's just everyone was being so sardonic, i couldnt help but join in.No offence intended 356C.
 
I never noticed the planes while racing.

If you want to simulate Lemans, have the race start and then run from one side of the room into your cockpit and drive away as fast as yuo can.
 
kennythebomb
I never noticed the planes while racing.

If you want to simulate Lemans, have the race start and then run from one side of the room into your cockpit and drive away as fast as yuo can.

Or, if you're a Jacky Ickx fan, you could walk from the other side of the room to the cockpit. :sly: :D
 
kennythebomb
I never noticed the planes while racing.

If you want to simulate Lemans, have the race start and then run from one side of the room into your cockpit and drive away as fast as yuo can.


:lol::lol:

omg....ive never laughed so much at a thread in ages
 
Back