Google Maps Scavenger Hunt!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Event
  • 376 comments
  • 19,702 views

Event

Zoom-zoom
Premium
Messages
6,899
Messages
GTP_event / kevinr6287 (farming account)
Here's the deal. Someone names something that you'd be able to find on a Google Maps Satellite pictures and then whoever finds it and takes a screenshot of it first, wins and gets to choose the next item we have to hunt for. It can be anywhere in the world.

Please don't bee too specific, or we'll be looking forever! Make it a general item, like a stadium or a skyscraper or something like that.

Okay, first item: a water foutain. (NOT a drinking foutain, dummies)
 
I just googled water fountain using your link but i dont know how to screen shot! :indiff:
 
Slick Rick
I just googled water fountain using your link but i dont know how to screen shot! :indiff:
press print screen key, then open up MS Paint and edit>paste. Then crop it and save it, then put it up.
 
Been here, its in Chicago.




I would like a off road motorbike race track!
 
Works for me....
 
DQuaN
Been here, its in Chicago.




I would like a off road motorbike race track!
Good Job. That's what I was thinking about, too!
 
Slick Rick
Soz man but image shack isnt working.
Don't save your screenshot as 24 bit-map because I got the same problem. Save it as JPEG and it should work. 👍
 
G.T
Don't save your screenshot as 24 bit-map because I got the same problem. Save it as JPEG and it should work. 👍


Damn!!
Whats going on today! im a idiot....i think ive been spending too much time on the PS2
 
Where is my bike track?!!
 
Found a motocross track outside of San Diego.

motox2qb.jpg


Now, go forth and find me a US Navy base with ships docked there (bonus points for an aircraft carrier).
 
untitled6wr1.png


Pearl harbor


Next picture: Any National Monument
 
I was going to cheat and post this picture of an aircraft carrier, but Iceman posted an actual naval base, and he beat me. I was going to post Patriot's Point, a place where I have been several times in South Carolina. There are several retired ships that the military no longer uses. It would be cheating because it is NOT a naval base, just a museum. You can tour all of their ships, which I have done.

Here that image is (From Google Maps) -
or http://maps.google.com/maps?q=patri...73,-79.907126&spn=0.004801,0.007451&t=k&hl=en
 
So, what image would you like us to find?
 
untitled3zs.png


Next: The White House
 
Am I missing something?

I don't see the Sears Tower in the last post.
 
I am having trouble seeing it too, but you would only see the top. The Sears Tower is on the river, like that shows, so it might be right.
 
Seems the White house is blurred...
 
Of course. Alot of federal buildings are that way.
 
DQuaN
Am I missing something?

I don't see the Sears Tower in the last post.
untitled3zs6yv.png


You can see the huge shadow rising from it.
 
Prehistoric land art?

What's the next subject? If there isn't any, let's try the Uluru (aka Ayers' Rock)
 
Melaneimoon
Prehistoric land art?

What's the next subject? If there isn't any, let's try the Uluru (aka Ayers' Rock)
I think that's it... That took a while of following desert roads... I've never even heard of Ayer's Rock!


Next subject: A cruise ship
 
Event
I think that's it... That took a while of following desert roads... I've never even heard of Ayer's Rock!
That's not it! We're not doing a cruise ship (yet) :)
Just find a map where it's marked. Look at where it is vertically under the coastline, and look at the lakes nearby.

Oh yes, why aren't we doing Area 51? That would be a challenge. By the way, i got it.
 
BlazinXtreme
There seems to be quite a few different things around, northwest of that thing there is a cross hair.



Something weird north of it.



It's in the Baja of Mexico as far as I can tell.
Actually, it's in Nevada. If you want to see where something is, just click on the map button in the top right corner.
 
Back