Why does everybody moan about....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Specialized
  • 55 comments
  • 2,726 views
Messages
1,515
Messages
BenSpecialized
......the Special cars? Why are people so annoyed with these cars? people should be happy there!!! As far as i am concerned PD were going to put these cars in the game but then realised that the PS2 didnt quite have the power so that we could use these cars in races but rather than take them out completely they decided to let us still have them but limit there usability, i for one am gratefull there in there because they aare a bit different to the norm and diversity is what makes gt4 a great game, im sure that if PD didnt include such cars we would sill have endless forums saying, Bla bla bla pd didnt include the caterham or bla bla PD didnt include the daimler motor carrage etc etc. They are all fun cars and i think people should stop whining and be happy that they didnt just say sod it we shall take the cars out completely.
 
I agree with your sentiment, I drive most cars with no opponents just to improve my times so it doesn't really bother me that you can't race them, however, the Daimler isn't fun. It's a novelty car that I drove once when I won it and will probably never drive again. The others are at least average.
 
I agree, with one exeption, the Caterham. You see Caterhams and similar kit cars with custom fabricated hoods quite often, why couldn't PD have just put in a fabricated roof so we could race in the Caterham.
 
live4speed
I agree, with one exeption, the Caterham. You see Caterhams and similar kit cars with custom fabricated hoods quite often, why couldn't PD have just put in a fabricated roof so we could race in the Caterham.


Good Point.......Oh no im gonna start moaning :ouch:
 
I'm kind of glad we don't have to race in the old motor carriage, if feel like a moan just think of that and you'll be grateful again.
 
argh~! could you only imagine it!!! absolute torture.. much like any of the 24 hour races....
 
Yes, I am glad they are in the game as well. Makes it unique in a sense. Im going to search and see if i can actually find REAL pictures of them. Anyone know offhand all of the special cars?
 
I don't mind them in the game, either. However, do I really need to Nike cars? Can't race it. Can't sell it. Can't upgrade it. So why two?
 
Ford Model T
Daimler patent wagon
Daimler motor carriage
Jay Leno's Tank car
Caterham Fireblade
Chrysler prowler
Auto Union V16 Streamliner
Nike One
 
Oh just a question, Why is the Caterham called a fireblade in GT4 when it was actually modelled on a R500? i know this as it was in EVO magazine in the not to distant past
 
Benjii
Oh just a question, Why is the Caterham called a fireblade in GT4 when it was actually modelled on a R500? i know this as it was in EVO magazine in the not to distant past

I remember the article you are talking about, but considering the high rev limit and lack of torque of the GT4 Caterham, and, if memory serves, the presence of a windscreen, I would think that the Caterham in GT4 is based on a Fireblade engined model and not one of the K-series engined Superlight R's.
 
James2097
Its evidently not for everyone, but for those of a certain type its got loads of potential for bringing fun...

Sorry, I just hate people writing off the Daimler just because its seemingly no fun from one test drive...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61340

I'll own up and say that I am also one of those that drove the Daimler for all of 10 seconds before giving it up as a bad joke.... but, considering there are roughly 400 different cars in the game (the remaining 300 probably being made up of different trim specs of Skylines, Imprezas, NSX's, MR2s, MX-5s and so on) it would be a pretty neat trick if PD managed to get a car line up in which I liked every single one... so hey - if I don't like it, I'll just drive one of the remaining 399. And it WAS interesting to try.

As for the inclusion of the specials, I don't think that PD could really win, if they could not make these cars raceable. If they had left them out, they would get complaints from the camp that feels they should be in. And, if they added them, they get complaints from the camp that feel a bit teased by cars that are here but can't be fully used. I think the only way PD could have resolved this was by defecting to the X-box :yuck:
 
Lots of GREAT Posts Guys! 👍
"MY" Solution...There should have been a "Museum" area & a "Special Garage" where you could go & "Rent" these rides if curiosity got the best of you! Under NO circumstances should they (along with numerous other "Marginal" Rides) have been made "Prize Cars!" :irked: Pretty hard to get "Revved Up" about winning the European Hot Hatch Car Championship when you know ahead of time the prize car is a VOLVO 240 GLT Estate '88!!! :trouble: Let's face it...this is a RACING GAME...& while I don't say these "Special" cars should NOT be in the "Game" they should at least be off in a seperate area or two & NOT clogging up the "Main" Game. Just my two cents worth...O.G. :D
 
I love the Caterham, and the Tank Car is a pretty good time, too. So I'm glad they included the things. And at least you can drive a couple of the specials in arcade mode against AI (although the Caterham is so much more fun maxed out).

But, they really ought to tell you if they're "special" or not before you buy them. Blowing 500 grand on the Auto Union only to find out it sucks and can only drive alone on the Nürburgring is just stupid. It's fine for a prize car, but honestly, it's just mean to trick people like that.
 
I agree with the old man when I first started playin the game and did the licenses I got all excited about getting the nike car because I thought I will be able to use it in the 4WD challange but, after all that excitement was wasted; and some of those cars such as the carraiges are so annoying to drive, I can't believe someone had the patience to drive one of those around nurburgring.
 
If we accept the premise that GT4 was intended for the PS3, but then scaled back for the PS2 when the PS3 was so long in coming, then the "special" cars would not have been so special, the pixel count and what not would not have nothered the PS3. They're there because the PS3 could handle all the extra animation, but when the PS2 couldn't, they became "special." Not very useful, but fun to talk about, like some of our forum members.

I enjoy sampling these cars, as I enjoy time trial just as much as racing. I like racing the clock, which is why I fight so hard against license tests and missions. 80 gold and all but the dreaded 34 done, now. (I'm in the US, so I have the "hard" version of Mission 34.) My brother and I will send each other our lap times, and that's how we compete, not head-to-head, since we're 300 miles apart.
In that sense, we can race the tank car, and the Caterham, etc.
 
live4speed
Ford Model T
Daimler patent wagon
Daimler motor carriage
Jay Leno's Tank car
Caterham Fireblade
Chrysler prowler
Auto Union V16 Streamliner
Nike One

there's a goofy toyota car just like the nike car as well.
 
~Sp33~
argh~! could you only imagine it!!! absolute torture.. much like any of the 24 hour races....
You wouldn't get a whole lap in 24 hourS!!!
 
live4speed
I agree, with one exeption, the Caterham. You see Caterhams and similar kit cars with custom fabricated hoods quite often, why couldn't PD have just put in a fabricated roof so we could race in the Caterham.

Even with hood the Caterham would have to much detail to display 6 of them.

PD wants the highest possible car detail, so they didnt want to put a hood on and reduce the detail of the other parts of the car...... I think.
 
95GTIVR6
Yes, I am glad they are in the game as well. Makes it unique in a sense. Im going to search and see if i can actually find REAL pictures of them. Anyone know offhand all of the special cars?

Good luck trying to find photos of the Toyota or the Nike... :)
 
Hey I'm not complaining. I just keep them in my garage and drive something else.
 
I do Like special cars, concepts or just classics, hopefully there's only few cars that you could not race with.

I have over 600 cars in the garage and I'm happy to have these 1886 cars :)
And what's wrong with you guys, complaining about that Volvo Estate, it's damn heavy, yes but it's one hell of a drifting car in Finland :) And FR too :)

How is USA version Mission 34 harder than in Europe? Or are He just too proud to be an american :)
 
Sampyla23
How is USA version Mission 34 harder than in Europe? Or are He just too proud to be an american :)

8 seconds.
 
zonekill
Even with hood the Caterham would have to much detail to display 6 of them.

PD wants the highest possible car detail, so they didnt want to put a hood on and reduce the detail of the other parts of the car...... I think.
It'd be the same as other cars you can drive hood up or down, these cars have 2 car models, they're modelled with the hood up and low detail inside and different model for the driver, and then they are modelled again with the hood down and a high detail interior and a high detail driver so it wouldn't be any different from the rest of them.
 
standard235
You wouldn't get a whole lap in 24 hourS!!!

Given the current laptimes, you'd get between 10-20 I'd think in 24hours. Providing you hadnt got soo utterly bored/frustrated that you'd a) thrown the DS2 thru the TV or b) gone and driven the 88C-V. speaking of which, last thing I drove was the Wagen, so where is that Toyota... :sly:
 
ferrari_chris
Good luck trying to find photos of the Toyota or the Nike... :)
Actually, the Toyota exists in real life. Picture.

The Nike, however, does not.
 
I never moaned about that special car thing. But thats a good statement, im also glad those special cars are in the game. Some stuff they really didn't ahve to put in the game and put em in there for kicks. PD is nice! :)
 
i dont know why people moan about winning 2 Nike cars. you cant sell it, but you can get rid of it. so stop complaining
 
They're fun to tool around with in arcade 2 player or whatnot.

I was exstatic to see the Caterham in this game. Brought back memories of Test Drive 5 and that Caterham Super 7 I could never win. >_>

I'll definetally buy it and max it out just to drive it in practice laps.

I still don't see why they don't let you drive the Prowler or Caterham in races though... they aren't THAT special.

At least they could've given us some specialty races or something..... Oh well...

I still like them :p

I want a Daimler Motor Carriage race!! HAH!!
 
Back