The NSX, race car?

• Thread starter -Batman-
  • 30 comments
Love the NSX, but never found out a way to give it racing mods. I bought the Takata and all the NSX's possible from Honda. The thing is when i try to do up an NSX on my own I can never get racing mods, I've tried all models and I've tried tuning it in Acura and in Honda, nothing works. I recently saw a screen of one...

http://img185.echo.cx/my.php?image=nsxszero8sr.jpg

What do I have to do to get that car!?

Hey... that's my car!!!! :D
I've posted that screenshot some time ago... it's one of my NSX. I have the japanese version, which is different from the NA version. On Japanese version NSX are available from Honda, while in NA version they're available from Acura, and there's a few differences in the cars... i think Japanese version has more race modded NSX, but i've got one from a NA saved game too, so they're there...

That one, the Type S Zero was bought in shop :)

He he :)
You just need to install and configure ePSXe, then i can send you a saved game with all the NSX Hondas you want ;)

By the way... my version also has the 98' Honda Integra Type R, which is the most powerful Integra :D

Check this topic to have an idea of cars available on each GT2 version.

I have the NA version, and there is definitely one or two NSX's, at least, that you can do racing modification to. They look the same as the one in that pic, except they only come in red or blue.

Saleen Man
I have the NA version, and there is definitely one or two NSX's, at least, that you can do racing modification to. They look the same as the one in that pic, except they only come in red or blue.
I got them from a NA saved game, it's the Acura NSX 3.2L. The Japanese version also has those red/blue racing mods but they have painted "Honda" instead of "Acura" and i think it's the NSX type S... :rolleyes:

On Japanese version all NSX have racing mods... here's some more:

TMM
In the Japanese version do you have the NSX LM GT2 version?
No, there's no LM...

These are the ones i have, in the Japanese version:

Takata NSX - Prize car
Raybrig NSX - Special model
Mobil 1 NSX - Special model
99' Castrol Mugen NSX GT - Prize car
Castrol Mugen NSX - Prize car
NSX - Shop (new and used)
NSX Type S - Shop (new)
NSX Type S Zero - Shop (new)
NSX Type R - Shop (used)

I've bought all the NSX"s i could and none of them had the capability of racing mods. Will the japanese version have japanese script? As in japanese writing?

-Batman-
I've bought all the NSX"s i could and none of them had the capability of racing mods. Will the japanese version have japanese script? As in japanese writing?
If other people have them it means they're there, somewhere... maybe it's on the used car lot and you missed it?

Don't worry about Japanese writing... you can load the garage and buy the cars you want into your own garage/saved game. No need to play with the Japanese saved game.

There is no used section in Acura to find this. The used section in Honda no NSX, and the special in Honda is Takata and a purple NSX, but Acura has no special either.

According to Pupik's website, the only ‘used’*NSX you can race modify is the '91 car. The rest of them will accept modifications only if you have a gameshark.

Here's a garage with all race modified NSX available in Japanese version. There's a total of 5 models each one with the 2 race mods. I think the special/prize models are the same that are available on NA version, but i've included them too, just in case...
There's also the Honda Integra Type R 98 Spec, 1 with race mod and 4 stock with different colors.

The save game is already converted to NA version, so it should work with all versions with "SCUS-94455" product code.
Backup your garage 1st, before buying cars from this save. I've been using cars from NA converted saves with no problems, but don't know if same happens when using Japanese converted saves in NA versions... :rolleyes:

By the way... if someone could also post a garage with a Nismo GT-R LM Road Car (not tuned) i would appreciate, thanks :D

Attachments

• gt2_nsx_na.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 23
Thanks, as of right now im just trying to figure out how to manouver around the menu with the keyboard, that guide was extreme help. I cant press arrow key up to move in the menu because that would be the same as the X button...its a bit confusing but im working that out. The game has a bug I'd like to fix. The game runs super fast. Countdown takes less then a second, (3,2,1,go) the audio is super fast ect. The game is running in fast motion! Did i miss installing something or install something incorrectly?

Check my configuration, you need to limit FPS to 60 in Pete's graphics plugin, which is the PSX speed. Then the game will run at normal speed.

There's also an option to limit music speed on the audio plugin...

-Batman-
about the car i first posted the thread with...what times can you run Laguna Seca? I'd like to know if It's just me or if its the car..?
I don't know but... that car and some others on that save game have my setup on them so... if you're too slow or too fast at Laguna with it, might be my setup's fault... :rolleyes:

That car doesn't have 305hp! :odd:
It has 451ps... should be 445hp or something...

It's a bit slower than my MR2 with 514ps (507hp) and they have the same weight, 1084Kg.

Are you loading my save to play with the car, or did you bought it and you're using it with your save? Usually weird things like that happen when you load a saved game converted from another version... That's why i recommended people to buy it...

If you look at my NSX screenshot you can see "Sell" and "Change Car", that's because its a game converted from NA version. A true Japanese version garage looks like this:

I have some converted saves and some not converted (the ones i play from scratch). When i use the converted ones i see some weird things, but when buying the cars to my version everything gets ok.

sorry mac...when i first looked at it in my garage it didnt have i think it was NA tune...or Displacement....either or was not done which left me short on the HP. Tough car to drive with the oversteer, im still workin on that

Also guys, i have to thank you so much for all your help. helping me getting PSX emultor running..I can't thank you enough for all the detail you used...the guides helped so much, and everything you guys did was awesome

No problem Batman, i thought it was because of the conversion...

I like to drive it with that setup, but i think if you press "start" on the setup screen you can revert it to the default values... :rolleyes:

I've just tried it on Laguna, and to me it has a very nice driving in there :)

I managed only a 1:26 with this car, i've tuned it to my liking and all. Maybe its just the power shortage, or i have the gears wrong. I run 1:14 as my record in my Mazda RX-7 GT C LM Edition

I did a few laps of 1:17 when i was trying to beat the 1:16 of my MR2 GT-S. No shortcuts or wall banging, just clean laps. I used that same setup i've uploaded with the car.

wow well done...i've been tuning my mazda for a while now, ever since my thread about it. Everyrace i'd go and fix a problem i had until i had this car perfect for my driving style on that course. It just goes. Good job with the NSX, it has lots of oversteer, something i have to fix.

I like that oversteer... that's why i have that setup... :P
It helps me to slide through corners :)

I think the RX-7 GT-C LM has some more understeer than oversteer, right? Probably that's why you like it... :rolleyes:

Back