Best Handling FF Car

I tried doing a search on the forums for this topic but didn't have much success. What do you guys think is the best handling FF car? Not the fastest FF car, but the one that handles the best. For instance, if every FF car had the same power-to-weight ratio - or were equally fast in straight line performance, which car would turn a corner the fastest. It's too bad they don't have a tool like a skidpad in Gran Turismo which would be a lot of help in finding this out. I'm guessing right now it might be the DC2 ITR that's the fastest but I'm not sure. I also guessing IMO the RX-7 FD is the best handling FR car and that the EVO MR is the best 4WD. What do you guys think?

maybe the spoon civic? or a FF racecar of some sort i guess..
try the gathers civic racecar.

stock road car... the hyundai coupe is ok.

My suggestion to you in this sort of situation is to do your own testing. ;) :lol:

No really, I am sure people here are willing to help you find the answers you want.

However, to help people along their way with this...

Use arcade mode to test the cars.
Also, test them in stock form without any power modifications.

Some cars might not handle as well when they are tuned up, others might not handle as well when they are at stock hp.

In arcade mode you will be able to test for both of those situations.
Plus you will be able to test them in stock form with regard to their suspensions... And that is really what this is all about.

Power, pwr, twr, all that stuff takes a back seat to suspension in this sort of test.

So with that in mind, you may want to test stock suspensions.

Any car can be adjusted to handle well with a sport, semi-race, or full custom suspension. However, a really good car will handle well with the stock suspension & settings. 👍

Just my two cents. :D
Good luck. :cheers:

ving
careful kent, that fence has barbed wire on it ;)
:P

:lol:

Most cars handle best in GT with stock power, but with FFs, the moment you add power, they almost always become crappily hard to drive.

The Hyundai Tiburon seems to handle well because it's well damped and has too little motor to stress it. Modify the power without touching the suspension and it starts to understeer much more.

I've always loved the Protege, it's a good drive, but never as fast as the power you put into it. It also starts to understeer a LOT when you bring it up to the power of the top of the line FFs.

The Mistubishi Eclipse GT 06 is very very VERY nimble, but is not very stable, IMHO. I've beaten my stock times on some courses where top speed doesn't matter as much with my stock Volvo S60 T5... and it's only neck-in-neck with the Alfa, which has much less power.

The Accords all handle well for their power. The Alfa Romeo GT drives like it's on rails, but can't handle its own power (without TCS, with TCS, it's just dandy) and has a relatively wide turning circle. The Ford Focus RS is a killer handler, as long as you can dial out the wheelspin, as is the Civic Type R.

My votes: (in terms of handling and control
full size: 1st - Volvo, 2nd - Accord Euro R (slow, though), 3rd - Alfa Romeo GT

compact: Civic Type R, Ford Focus RS (tie)

fun factor: Eclipse GT 06, definitely. :D :D :D

the euro cars are pretty awsome fwd cars. so is the eclipse. I like the really old prelude's handling. i got one to clock similar times to the amuse s2000 for only 60k. anyone want my prelude settings pm me.

I agree with niky on the Volvo... if anybody remembers, a while back i got it in to a mad tyt drift! :D

This is such a great car on the track i was really surprised at the avaliability of the power and it's nimble reflexes... sadly it gets overlooked all the time. :sad:

s12ken
I agree with niky on the Volvo... if anybody remembers, a while back i got it in to a mad tyt drift! :D
This is such a great car on the track i was really surprised at the avaliability of the power and it's nimble reflexes... sadly it gets overlooked all the time. :sad:
In terms of stock, I agree with the Volvo and the Ford Focus RS. There's a reason Derek Bell campaigns a Volvo in the Speed World Challenge. Granted, it is the AWD version, but the chassis is very well setup.

In terms of modified, even the 1976 Golf GTi handles well, but I've put an aero package on it. Most cars get great aero-grip, but I have a feeling you're looking for cars that make the most of mechanical grip. Good luck in your search.

The Citroën C5 v6 is really fun once you get a hang of it. It of course have some understeer, but not in the usual way. It doesn´t skid like most FF cars do, instead it kinda skips/jumps due to it´s suspension. Very funny when you learn to use it to your advantage.
As for speed/power, the Dodge SRT4 is great, and if you´re careful with the throttle, it handles well too.

Alright, Im a big fan of FWD vehicles and I have experienced driving a few of them on the game:

Toyota Corolla Levin BZ-R: Very good, not as much power as a Type R but good handling.
Acura Integra Type-R: Handles great with good power.
Volkswagen Golf V GTI:Good amount of oversteer for a FWD car, good power.
Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S: Low power but fun to drive.
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA:Great power that actually holds the ground. Not much understeer.
Mitsubishi Mirage 1400 GLX: Low power but fun to drive.
Mazda Mazda6 Concept: Only 4 gears but a nice FWD car to drive for free.
Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept: Only 4 gears but a nice FWD car to drive for free.
Mitsubishi Minica Dangan ZZ: Great, low powered, Turbo FWD action. Good for lightweight cup.
Autobianchi A112 Abarth: Sweet ride obtained from Sunday Cup. Low power but good for lightweight cup.
Honda Today G: Very slow but cheap. Not recommended.

Those are a few I could name off the top of my head from my garage. Basically do what others have said and test them in arcade mode before buying them.

My favourites stock FF cars would be the Golf I (maybe a bit underpowered) and the Golf V (great handling).
Favourite race FF car: Gathers Drider Civic. 👍

The races car are not stock so that's why they handle better. But the mitsubishi eclipse06 handles well but I'm not a ff fan

Honda Accord Euro-R '96? (not the new one anyway) O_O" That's a good car! Too bad it's so slow stock... But I don't mind driving it in GT4 ^^ Looks really cool and handles very well in tight hairpins.

There is a thread on this very subject on the front page of the Settings & Tuning Board.

By the way Duke, if you are refferring to this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67635 about the best 300-350 hp FF, i was really looking for something different. I want to know the best handling car, not the fastest, but if all had the same power-to-weight ratio. But I appreciate the fact that you pointed out another thread similar to mine. I was just looking for something different. And my search didn't turn up any results.

I am a seasoned FF driver, and i have found that the '78 Mitsubishi Mirage is a pretty neato handler when it's set up rite. Also, the Mini Cooper S '02 is good.

also, agree with u about the Volvo S60 T5 - that really has some grip!

ving
careful kent, that fence has barbed wire on it ;)
:P

I don't get it. :confused:

Did I say something people do not like? :odd:

What's new? :lol:

Regarding the subject at hand...

My favorite FF street car is the TRD Celica.
My favorite FF race car is the Gathers Drider Civic.

:D

I think the statement alleges you to be sitting on said fence.

Yay TRD!

Probably not the best handling, but I really like the Suzuki S2.

my personal favorite is the mini cooper S, it seems to have a nice weight distribution so the handling hasnt got that massive over or understeer 👍

the trial celica handles very well at high speeds and gets slight oversteer around lowspeed corners. another good car is the mugen civic (the EF) it might not have a lot of power stock, but its very light and can cary plenty of speed.

Kent
I don't get it. :confused:

Did I say something people do not like? :odd:

What's new? :lol:

What he meant was you gave the safest answer possible... :lol: ...good answer, but it didn't answer the question of the thread.

Regarding the subject at hand...

My favorite FF street car is the TRD Celica.
My favorite FF race car is the Gathers Drider Civic.

now that answered the question. :lol:

My vote for favorite, even though it's a racing dog, Acura Cl Type S. drift drift drift drift... :D

Back