PURGATORY
xlNightMinxlx
XDGP Round 1: vtec513 vs Ryosuke_Gunma

Judges - Suzuki, Droptop_Chick, BreakerOhio
Tandem Time/Date - 3:30PM (EST) August 13, 2005
Track - Trail Mountain (Forward)
Power Limit - 300HP
Tires - N2

These are the FINAL conditions, both of the contestants have PM's with your arena name & password. Be prompt or be disqualified, good luck...

For those interested in setting up challenges...PLEASE READ the XDGP: Rules & Regulations, more specifically the section reguarding issuing challenges & stipulations. If these compeitions are to go smoothly, EVERYTHING needs to be done in an orderly fashion.

---------------------------

And the winnner is.... *drumroll* Ryosuke_Gunma

Judging details: Tandem analysis by BreakerOhio
Vtec513 (Amuse Street Version):
Positive: Took risks. Manji, big angles, and got very close to the outside.
Negative: Ran off the track and got some wall taps. Almost got overtaken on a drift. He needs to play defense and guard the apex.

Ryosuke_Gunma (NISMO 270R):
Positive: Consistency. When leading, he covered up the inside at the apex to prevent passing.
Negative: Would have liked to see more risk-taking. Didn't follow vtec513 when he manji'd on the straight.

Congratulations to Ryo on a well drifted victory....
Props to vtec513 for putting up a good show as well.

Their tandems go to show how unpredicatable this competition can be. I hope this first set of tandems will stir further interest in more GTP'ers wanting to battle it out.

Videos:
XDGP: Round 1 - Tandem #1 - (Backup Link)
XDGP: Round 1 - Tandem #2 - (Backup Link)

xsquizet-drifte
are yall going to record the tandem so we can watch.

glad to see yall got this up and running.
well duh dummy. go read the xdgp thread and you wouldve found that out.

OH and BTW, id like to wish both contestants good luck!! that is if everyone is good to go!

xsquizet-drifte
jesus christ man calm down man i was just asking no need for name calling
:ouch: i am calm. but i was also being sarcastic saying duh dummy. it was a joke, sorry if you didnt see it that way.

ppl need to lighten up around here...taken everything so seriously, if he called u an asshole rather then dummy i could see where u could tell him to calm down...but damn

anyways...good luck to both of you!

Sorry i wasn't able to judge this....but good luck to the first contestents....This should be a good battle....(from what I have seen). Drift it if you got it.

I got the final confirmation just now. This is going down today, so don't be late...

Results will be released after we've sorted out the videos and we've reached a decision.

~DrifterEX~
uh.........ryosuke....weren't we supposed to battle?

If you two had come into contact with eachother about organizing a time & date, and coming up with your restrictions, maybe you might have...

dking
Sorry i wasn't able to judge this....but good luck to the first contestents....This should be a good battle....(from what I have seen). Drift it if you got it.

Same here. I just got back home. Well I got back Friday Evening and couldn't get involed in preparing this because I had tickets to Cirque Du Soleil. Awesome show last night!! Anyways, I'm going to run out for a bit and I can return at 3:30pm est to meet up with you guys in the arena/dojo.

If you two had come into contact with eachother about organizing a time & date, and coming up with your restrictions, maybe you might have...

uh...we did we were trying to get a DD member to judge yesterday or the day before but none were availble this early as far as I know

~DrifterEX~
uh...we did we were trying to get a DD member to judge yesterday or the day before but none were availble this early as far as I know

Issuing Challenges & Stipulations

*THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!* - Before issuing challenges, you MUST have actually drifted on XLink. Technical problems can always be expected. You must give notice of atleast 4 hours to any judge if you cannot compete in your scheduled tandem challenge due to technical problems or scheduling conflicts.

We offer an open battle format, so you're free to challenge whomever you wish, with whatever stipulations you can both agree upon. Meaning If you feel you can keep up with your opponent with and MR/FR and they're using an AWD, it's your decision. We do encourage that cars remain close in power, as to promote a tighter run. We also do encourge that you choose to challenge someone in close proximity to yourself in an effort to reduce lag. Tire choices are also entirely up to contestants. There are advantages and disadvantages of going with low grip tires and high grip tires, so choose wisely. Building a gap will not equal a win if you're drifting is sub-par and erratic. So don't choose Sport Softs if you can't drift with them, because you WILL loose if your opponent displays a good show of drifting.

You can issue challenges or let people know you're open to challenges by posting it in the GTPC/XDGP: Challenge Listing & Registration Thread
PLEASE make sure when you post that you make it clear you're looking for an XLink Challenge to avoid confusion. Upon the confirmation of an accepted challenge, both participants please converse reguarding track selection, power limitations, and drivetrain choices. Once you have both come up with stipulations you can both agree on, PM any XDGP judge with the track and prospective car selection. Also make sure to PM us with dates & times (yes more than one date & time, judges have lives too) when you are BOTH available to tandem. As contestants and judges hail from different time zones, please include which time zone you fall place in (i.e. PST/MST/CST/EST). When we have come into agreement that these stipulations are fair for both parties, you will receive a PM confirming when your XDGP challenge will take place and who will be judging your tandems. When we have come into agreement that these stipulations are fair for both parties, you will receive a PM confirming when your XDGP challenge will take place and who will be judging your tandems. Contestants can either decide amoungst themselves who will lead/chase first, or you can pick a number from a chosen range of numbers. Whomever gets closest will decide the order of the tandem.

Straight from our Rules & Regulations thread. I never got a PM from you or Ryo about it. As far as I know, no other judge did either. Hence why we have our rules and process for setting up challenges. If you can't follow those simple steps to make your challenge happen, I honestly wouldn't want to do your challenge. It's VERY aggrivating that we spent so much time trying to figure out the most efficent way to make these competitions available, coming up with rules that would make these competitions fair for drifters, but nobody seems to care about honoring the system. Just because you want to do it right away doesn't mean it can be done. Because it's convenient for you two at one time doesn't mean it is for us...

~DrifterEX~

contact does not mean im 5 min before the match like you did...It is hard to be called to judge a match that you wanted when the judge isn't prepared...next time im for matches at least a day in advanced.......i mean....DD has lives too....

BreakerOhio
Results are in. Posting in a few.

The First battle is done! Seems like the only problem we had was a little mishap in setting up another battle....

Congrates to the winner of the first xdgp....Ryosuke Gunma!

Back