A Close one Right to the Very End

• Thread starter torque998
  • 5 comments
I was originally going to try this championship in the Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car, but when I entered, I found out that it came with R1's stock. Not wanting to spend money, I went back to my garage and looked for a car with similar horsepower that had R3's stock. I went and found the Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car. So off to the Dream Car Championship we went.

THE LINEUP
1. Ford GT LM Race Car '02
2. Chevorlet Camaro LM Race Car '01
3. Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01
4. Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01
5. Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car '02
6. Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01

Race 1: Opera Paris
A-Spec points: 167
Qualified: 1st
Finished: 1st
M.O.V: 0'00.130

Going into this event, I knew the lack of downforce would be a problem. So I went and softened the sway bars to make up for the lack of downforce. When the race got going, I lead from the beginning, but on lap 5, my front tires started to go away. I decided I was going to have to make it on blood red tires. On lap 7, the Ford caught up to me and passed me going out of the hairpin at the square. From there, we were bumping each other a lot to save the race. Going into the final turn, the Ford passed me and I thought I was done for. But the Ford lost it at the exit, and I crossed the finish less than a second ahead.

Standings after Race 1
1. Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01: 10 pts
2. Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 6 pts
3. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 4 pts
4. Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 3 pts
5. Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01: 2 pts
6. Toyta RSC Rally Raid Car '02: 1 pt

Race 2: Tokyo R246 Reverse
Finished: 2nd
M.O.Loss: 0'02. 978

From the start, I sprung right to the front. But the Ford GT would be on my tail the entire event. On the straights, I knew one thing I had to do: block the Ford GT at all costs. At the beginning of the final lap, I blew it. He slipped by me at the uphill esses and I never recovered. With that loss, I was now tied for the points lead with the Ford GT.

Standings after Race 2
1. (tie) Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01: 16 pts
Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 16
3. Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 7 pts
4. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 6 pts
5. Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car Car '01: 5 pts
6. Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car '02: 2 pts

Race 3: Deep Forest Raceway
A-Spec points 167
M.O.V: 0'10.778

This was an easy one. Nothing Special. I absolutely smoked them from the start and never saw them again. With this win, I retook the overall points lead

Standings after Race 3
1. Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01: 26 pts
2. Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 22 pts
3. (tie) Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01: 9 pts
Cheverolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 9 pts
Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 9 pts
6. Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car: 3 pts

Race 4: Seoul Central Reverse
Qualified: didn't
M.O.Loss: 0'03.142

I did one of the dumbest things ever before this race :dunce: : I thought I pressed "qualify", but instead I pressed "start". This would contribute to my loss. It wasn't the Ford who won though, it was the Camaro. This would mix up points even more.

Standings After Race 4
1. Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01: 32 pts

2. Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 26 pts
3. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 19 pts
4. Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 12 pts
5. Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01: 11 pts
6. Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car '02: 4 pts

Race 5: Hong Kong
M.O.V: 0'08.570

Ah, Hong Kong. One of my favorite tracks in the game. I had raced here many times before, so I knew the track very well. Unfortunatley, it's very similar to Opera Paris, so I was having flashbacks to that very first race where I barely won. However, it would not be similar to the Paris race, as I crusied to victory, even when my tires went away at the end of lap 7.

Standings after Halfway
1. Subaru Impreaza Super Touring Car '01: 42 pts

2. Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 32 pts
3. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 21 pts
4. Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 16 pts
5. Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01: 14 pts
6. Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car '02: 5 pts

Race 6: Test Course
A-Spec points: 182
M.O. Loss 0'00.098

Before the race, I decided to minimize downforce to get more speed. It worked, but I knew I was in for one heck of a slipstream battle. It was a very intense race with me and the Ford, but unfortunatley, my final charge came too late and I was left on the short end of the stick.

Standings after Race 6
1. Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01: 48 pts

2. Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 42 pts
3. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 24 pts
4. (tie) Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 18 pts
Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01: 18 pts
6. Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car '02: 6 pts

Race 7: Beginner Course
Finished: 5th 👎
M.O.Loss: 0'22.365
This race was ugly, no doubt about it. It started out fine, with me pulling away, but on lap 14, my left front tire went away and I was forced to pit. As a result, I dropped all the way back to 5th and stayed there the entire race. The Ford finished in 4th ahead of me, but it was the Mazda who won.

Standings after Race 7
1. Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01: 50 pts

2. Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 45 pts
3. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 30 pts
4. Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 28 pts
5. Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01: 22 pts
6. Toyota RSC Rally Raid car '02: 7 pts

Race 8: Circuit de la Sarthe II
Qualified: 2nd
M.O.Loss: 0'07.778
I was prepared for another intense race. I passed the Ford at the Dunlop Chicane and lead up to the muslanne straight. Unfortunately, he passed me there and I never saw him again. This was a very tough loss because my points lead to the Ford was reduced to just 1 pt. Fortunately, the next race was one of my best tracks, so I would have a shot at redemption in the next race.

Standings after Race 8
1. Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01: 56 pts
2. Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 55 pts
3. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 34 pts
4. Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 30 pts
5. Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01: 25 pts
6. Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car '02: 8 pts

Race 9: El Capitan Reverse
M.O.V: 0'02.374

My shot at redemption. I shot off the line like a cannon at the start and lead for the rest of the race, holding off a late charge by the Ford. Ah, yes, redemption is SWEET! Although it might not last long. The final race was next and it would either make or break the series

Standings after Race 9
1. Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01: 66 pts

2. Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 60 pts
3. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 38 pts
4. Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 32 pts
5. Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01: 28 pts
6. Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car '02: 9 pts

Race 10: Cote d' Azur
M.O.V: 0'14.678

This was it. I needed a superb performance her to lock up the title and I needed the Ford to stay off my back. To my surprise, though, the Mazda qualified second, granting me my second wish. The final blade came down on the Ford when he ended up qualifiying 5th. From the start of the race I absolutely smoked them. Even when my front tires went away at the end of lap 5 and I had to pit, they were unable to make up much ground. Needless to say, I won the race and the championship, a close one at that.

FINAL RESULTS
1. Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01: 76 pts

2. Ford GT LM Race Car '02: 63 pts
3. Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01: 41 pts
4. Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01: 38 pts
5. Jagaur XJ220 LM Race Car '01: 32 pts
6. Toyota RSc Rally Raid Car '02: 10 pts

200,000 cr. and a Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car sold for 318,749cr.

Sounds like fun, definitely my sort of event, narrow-ish margins of victory or loss. :nervous:
Will have to find something similar to do this in when I finally unlock the extreme hall, won't use the Subaru since I already did the GVS enduro in mine.
Keep up the good work, I'm interested to see the rest of the results. 👍

I would be interested to know how far behind the rest of the field is - the Mazda and the Jag seem to be evenly matched - how far are they finishing behind you and the Ford? The Toyota has come last every time, is it last by a large margin?

Well, to tell you the truth, I don't know how far behind the rest of the field was. I'm mainly concentrating on me and the Ford because he's always breathing down my neck. As for the Toyota, to quote Old Geezer, "A rolling road block is all it turned out to be."

Latest Posts

Back