Drag Racing Mode

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 961 comments

Is it time for PD to finally include a drag race mode?

• Yes

Votes: 314 68.6%
  • No

Votes: 91 19.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 53 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Patrik

(Banned)
GTP_Patrik

namnlstqu4.jpg

I've been hoping for a drag racing mode to included in GT since PD mentioned they would include it in GT2, but all they got was three drag cars. In GT3 if you go to license tests you can see a drag racing "christmas tree" in the background, and in GT4 they had a drag strip. Now I want the freakin mode!

In car super stock video:
Michael Iacono

Here are some reaction time simulators:
Sportsman
Pro

If you want a Drag Racing Mode in GT5, vote for it HERE!

Last edited:
i think they should use all the real classes, street eliminator, pro street, top fuel, doorslammer, pro mod, pro stock, super comp, *gasp* super gas, super street, pro et, super pro et, sportsman et, ok maybe not all of them but sorted by times for real close races, id be happy with a street eliminator and gasser circus :D

stumpydino
i think they should use all the real classes, street eliminator, pro street, top fuel, doorslammer, pro mod, pro stock, super comp, *gasp* super gas, super street, pro et, super pro et, sportsman et, ok maybe not all of them but sorted by times for real close races, id be happy with a street eliminator and gasser circus :D
yeah, would be cool... but probably way to much for a GT game ;), wouldn't it be fun with just Pro Street? Imagine with modification options like: put on fiberglass hoods, fat rear tires, hole in the hood so the aircleaner or injector sticks up. and imagine with cars like 66 nova, 57 bel air and more :D

I wish PD heard me right now :ouch:

Last edited:
i think they should focus on some diff aspects. They should get rid of the whole 3-2-1-go thing and just go by the tree in the drags and the lights on the start/finish line. For drag racing they should at the end of every run show you a full timeslip of yout times and speeds. There are many many other things but thats the stuff most related to this thread.

EDIT: And random opponents or 2nd player races on the dragstrip

German Muscle
i think they should focus on some diff aspects. They should get rid of the whole 3-2-1-go thing and just go by the tree in the drags and the lights on the start/finish line. For drag racing they should at the end of every run show you a full timeslip of yout times and speeds. There are many many other things but thats the stuff most related to this thread.

EDIT: And random opponents or 2nd player races on the dragstrip
yeah, so the player can decide when to go, and if you go to soon the red light switches on and you r disqualified...

EDIT: One important thing I think still is real dragrace tires...

here is some stuff I want... and then all the engine tuning of course...

Attachments

• 4873161.jpg
    4873161.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 350
  • 52219040PS.jpg
    52219040PS.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 55040027.jpg
    55040027.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 85642020.jpg
    85642020.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 172
Thats an awsome idea, i was hoping that GT4 would of had drag racing in it but...they only had a time trial track...it also would be cool to have a more tuner feel to...like nopi nationals....

FUTUREDRIFTER

futuredrifter
Thats an awsome idea, i was hoping that GT4 would of had drag racing in it but...they only had a time trial track...it also would be cool to have a more tuner feel to...like nopi nationals....

FUTUREDRIFTER
I'm just hope PD will realise that they have to update the dragrace section of the game...

Bracket Racing would be excellent

Especially if they take tuning to a new level and add mechanical failures. How about actual drag race competions. Where to take the top prize ya how to be the fatest or most consistant. If mechanical failures are in, let ya have a chance or force you to change parts, maybe even rebuild motor between races etc. Let ya launch your front end in the air, im talking major lift. 60's gas dragster and begining of the funny car error would be far out. I know drags would be a major winner in the online world.

greenlightning
Bracket Racing would be excellent

Especially if they take tuning to a new level and add mechanical failures. How about actual drag race competions. Where to take the top prize ya how to be the fatest or most consistant. If mechanical failures are in, let ya have a chance or force you to change parts, maybe even rebuild motor between races etc. Let ya launch your front end in the air, im talking major lift. 60's gas dragster and begining of the funny car error would be far out. I know drags would be a major winner in the online world.
how exaclty does bracket racing works? I'm not 100% sure... I think it's something like drive close to a time you dicide by your self. am i right?

How bout yall do races on your own on the test track? You get timed at different points, so if you wanna race to 400m, 1000m, etc, you could do it. I hear of people racing from a roll in Forza...

iceburns288
How bout yall do races on your own on the test track? You get timed at different points, so if you wanna race to 400m, 1000m, etc, you could do it. I hear of people racing from a roll in Forza...
done that, it sucks tho cause you gotta do it in arcade mode. Other than that its pretty fun

Bracked racing is where you take a few practise runs and make an estimate of the time it will take you to get down the track. During the actual races (as opposed to practise), you try to get as close as possible to your estimated time (E/T) without going under it (called "Breaking Out"). If you break out or red light, you lose. The person that is closest to their E/T wins.

I really think they need to add more realistic drag racing to GT5. I don't even care if it's heads-up or bracket racing. I just want:
-A burnout box. The burnout must effect your tires/run.
-Manual staging, as in YOU do it. Enable deep-staging as well.
-Have the tree do it's count-down and you go. Red-lighting enabled.
-At the end of the run (be it 1/8 or 1/4 mile), I want to see a time slip with R/T, E/T, trap speed, 60 foot times, and all the same information from the other racer, as well as winning/losing margin.

I don't really care if there are dedicated drag cars, but I want to be able to put proper drag slicks on, and have the appropriate modifications doable. Camshaft, headers (exhaust or no exhaust?), intake, bore/stroke, supercharger/turbocharger, carb, nitrous, etc. All the goodies.

gasser suspension mods, tubbing, single piece bodies, parachutes!!! would be interesting if they add possible faults too like engine failure or even nitrous burps!! :D :D

I think it would be enough with just Bracket racing... thats what I think =)
and agian... all the dragrace tuning/modifications I've wrote before ;).

really want them to put in more popular dragrace cars... like chevy nova for exampel? chevy vega would be cool I think! and maybe monza :)

what cars do you want to modify to a drag car?

EDIT: wouldn't it be cool to allow you to repaint your car in the colour you want? and paint the bumpers and stuff?

EDIT 2: forgot to say something... I was at a dragracing event today (just qualifying, races tomorrow) anyway, i was checking out some stuff that would be cool for details in GT5... first how the plastic windows shakes (on a powerful V8 car) when the cars goes on idling (then they have to add plastic/lexan windows into the game to). second is how the rear tires became wrinkled in the start... like on the image here:

Attachments

• namnlös.JPG
    namnlös.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 186
fergamasco
I think a drag event would be cool,one in begginer,amature(???)and pro. :dunce:
hmm, dont think it would work, you have to race a car in the same class as you are... and it cant get more laps than one you know ;)

EDIT: well changed my mind :P if its like stock in beginner, super stock in amature and pro street in pro, or something it would maybe work...

what dragcars do you want in GT5?

here is some cars from my wishlist...

Attachments

• 69gmc19669-A.jpg
    69gmc19669-A.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 87tbird14576-A.jpg
    87tbird14576-A.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 66nova17401-A.jpg
    66nova17401-A.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 39
there should be an option between heads up or bracket times.
and pink slips would be awesome also top fuelers and a button to deploy the parachute :)

I really think there should be a drag tyre option for GT5 and maybe a 'tubbing' or 'drag modification' option like the race mod in GT2 (which is hopefully in GT5 also).

Regular GT4 race tyres just dont cut it for drags.

VIPERGTSR01
I really think there should be a drag tyre option for GT5 and maybe a 'tubbing' or 'drag modification' option like the race mod in GT2 (which is hopefully in GT5 also).

Regular GT4 race tyres just dont cut it for drags.
Yeah, if the modification could be like in the first two games it would be awesome! then you could chose betwen trackracing modification and drag modification! =D and of course dragtires...

EDIT: well, it would be to much if the drag modification is availible at all the cars...

Another good idea would be to maybe have two modification options... first with scoops and that kind of stuff... then paintshop. where you can chose diferent paintjobs or just change the colour of the car. bad idea?

well... the TGS is over soon and we haven't seen dragracing in GT5 yet, but its a long time to go i guess :)

keep bring out your dreams of how you think the dragracing should be in GT5 btw!

PuTTe_TuTTe
... then paintshop. where you can chose diferent paintjobs or just change the colour of the car. bad idea?
No no! Paint shop paint shop paint shop!! YES!! :dopey:

I'm as enamored with drag racing as I am damage, but to steal a line from EA, if it's in the game, it should be in the game. GT5 should deal with every aspect of racing Polyphony can get their hands and dev kits on. At least with cars.

Back