GT4 WRS Week 20: "French Revolutions"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 242 comments

CFM

Hello everyone, welcome to week 20 of the GT4 WRS! This time we're spending the week in Paris, with a French MR hothatch. Stay off the walls, and remember, real men drive pink.:sly:

Arcade Mode:
Time Trial / City Courses

Track :
Opera Paris (Forward)

Arcade Car:
Renault Clio Renault Sport Trophy V6 24V Race Car '00

week20race9sd.jpg

Race Settings:

Full Quick Tune up: +20% HP, -10% Weight (352 HP, 1035kg)
Tires: Racing Tires (Any Combination)
Top Speed Setting : Any
Driver's Choice of TCS and ASM
Driver's choice of AT or MT.

Rules:

Only discuss "T" times!

Clean OLR Standards:
No wall touching!
No wall touching!
Did I mention no wall touching whatsoever?!
The enitire course is considered part of the track; sidewalks, rumble strips and all! Just stay off the walls!
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best "ghost" replay
Submit the time listed in replay file name

Time Verification:
-The top division 1 drivers each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request. Arrangements must be made for the replay to be verified within a resonable time period, or the time in question will be removed from the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database.

Deadline: Before Tuesday, August 30th, 8:00am CST
No times will be accepted after Tuesday 8:00am CST = Tuesday 1:00pm GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message. Include your division with your time please!

Any questions, just ask here. See you all at the finish line, and remember: SAVE THOSE REPLAYS!:cool:

Very lovely combo 👍
I will hope to get a few laps on this one. 👍
In gt3 this car was lovely to drive. And this track is nice also.
So far it seems a great combo, though wont know for sure until i drive it :lol:

Hope i will do better this week! lol

Good combo CFM!

Neil

arrrgghhhh!!! this car looks good, ive done the track a few times before in gt mode, now's time to get good at it.

Hectic little car ... should be lots of fun ! This track reminds me of a certain track in GT3, haha but I can't remember the name ... hopefully someone can help me out with that one haha.

At least I've done this track lots of times in GT mode in the European leagues somewhere ... in a RS6 ... was a mission to get round those tight corners in the middle !

ah ... Rome Circuit ... maybe you guys think I'm crazy to think that, it just feels almost the same to me ...

sweet, once again, race car and R5 tires... :dopey:

hopefully tonight i can have some laps...

that if i don´t fall a sleep like last night 👎
but, i like the combo, but just don´t know if i´m going to do so well there... i ran few laps on that track...

Fantastic, my FAVORITE track. I guess enduring Laguna paid off. I'm gonna really enjoy this week. Great combo!!!

Kragbees I think Rome was just amazing...the fast right handed on the beggining, the 2 left-handed done as an hairpin and that straight way down till the right hairpin...uh!! just love that!!

This track has a very tricky and slow part, but the left-handed after the main straight is incredible.

As I don't belong to any division, I won't participate, but I must say that you've choosen a great combo CFM.
GL to all

I love fun little cars on this track!!!! Awesome combo, I'm hoping to be really competitive again this week! Watch out!!!

_™¹_
Kragbees I think Rome was just amazing...the fast right handed on the beggining, the 2 left-handed done as an hairpin and that straight way down till the right hairpin...uh!! just love that!!

This track has a very tricky and slow part, but the left-handed after the main straight is incredible.

As I don't belong to any division, I won't participate, but I must say that you've choosen a great combo CFM.
GL to all

Me too, I liked it in reverse and forward ... was simple enough for me to master sort of haha. This track is a bit more challenging, but good combo of speed and slow corners like you say

Why don't you join the WRS ? Or are you awaiting your division ?

_™¹_

I wonder whether it is possible to take this corner full throttle with the Clio?

I usually don't do good on city courses and I personally don't have much experience on this particular track, but I guess I'll have to fix that :D

I hope this combo is/will be as enjoyable as the last one - haven't ever driven the Clio yet, so this will be completely new for me.

Will put in a few laps tonight and see how it goes.

Later.

The Wizard.

What a fantastic little peice of machinery this Clio is. And what a horrid mess of bumps and dips this circuit is. I've developed a love/hate already for this combo, but I find it very fun and challenging. Some splits to start off the day..

T1: 14.397 (seen 14.1)
T2: 43.272 (seen 42.8)

De Bolle
I wonder whether it is possible to take this corner full throttle with the Clio?

Not quite. There is some mild braking involved, otherwise the bumps will send you off your line. Awesome corner, though I'd rather have Rome back instead of this circuit.

Randymcchickenf
am i right in thinking you cant buy this car? where do you win it?

Yes. You can win it in the Renault manufacturer's race 'Clio Trophy'.

thanks 👍

I hate the clio sport v6 phase 2! im using it to try and win the race car! and it doesnt seem to have any brakes!! anyone got a PAL save with this car, because i dont know whether i can be bothered to do this championship, lol

I forgot to post my splits from when I was messing around in the testing session. They were:

14.474 / 43.825

I've no idea how much more can be taken off of these, I only ran about 5 laps or so. Just enough to get a decent clean one.:)

EDIT: Nevermind...Thanks for reminding me how much I suck Shaun! Already a second down at T2.:ouch:

Z.
What a fantastic little peice of machinery this Clio is. And what a horrid mess of bumps and dips this circuit is. I've developed a love/hate already for this combo, but I find it very fun and challenging. Some splits to start off the day..

T1: 14.397 (seen 14.1)
T2: 43.272 (seen 42.8)

Not quite. There is some mild braking involved, otherwise the bumps will send you off your line. Awesome corner, though I'd rather have Rome back instead of this circuit.

Yeah I agree with you Z. It's an awesome car, Jeremy Clarkson even liked it when he tested the road version ! haha, and that's somethin' haha

Thanks for posting your splits Z. Somethin' for me to chase, although I'll probably be behind by 2 seconds at T2 ...

Seems that i quite like this combo!

The car is brill.
The track is tight and technical.

T1 14.936
T2 45.036

With some corners obviously taken too slowly between the two, so much room to improve!

Neil

@Kragbees, I was just reading how to join WRS (qualifying race - Infineon - BMW).

I'm expecting my AR-Max this Thursday/Friday.I haven't quite understood if my time for the qualifying race must be verified or not, but if the AR-Max arrives this week, there should be no problem.

Anyway, I'll start doing some laps just to practice.

_™¹_
@Kragbees, I was just reading how to join WRS (qualifying race - Infineon - BMW).

I'm expecting my AR-Max this Thursday/Friday.I haven't quite understood if my time for the qualifying race must be verified or not, but if the AR-Max arrives this week, there should be no problem.

Anyway, I'll start doing some laps just to practice.

Hi there, don't worry about verification for the qualification race, except if you beat the overall best time by everyone maybe haha. Replays are only requested for Div. 1 guys and for some Div. 2 if asked by CFM (Race Admin.)

Because you don't know what time we did in the qual. race, the chance of you cheating on the time is not that big ...

Try your best at the qualification race though !

But remember that submitting your replay together with your time is always a good gesture ! Although not always required if you know what I mean.

Well here it is Tuesday already. I have some unfortunate news for ya guys. I won't be able to strap myself into the cockpit this week.....until thursday....NNNOOO!!!!!!!! I can't wait that long......UGH! I have to do some work camping thing and I leave in like 20 min :(. But I too love this combo! Any race car is fine with me! So I'll see you all on Thursday afternoon with my first session splits! Oh, and in case anyone A) is actually reading this and B) wondering about my site, my hosting company FINALLY F&#^$#ING emailed me yesterday and said they are getting a new server and it should be up soon although they didn't say when. So I again apologize for this HUGE delay, so please hang in guys! Good luck to all! And Kent, it was a pleasure man, thx for your work. CFM; Let's Do This! LOL.

jump_ace

Back