DFP Settings & Ford GT Tuning

• Thread starter panjandrum
  • 1 comments
Uruguay
Uruguay
Just a quick note for those using the Driving Force Pro and not using the "Active Steering" function (the topmost option). I had to do all kinds a weird tuning on the Ford GT to keep it from spinning with absurd ease. Even a completely Stock Ford GT was completely unstable for me - a problem I didn't experience with other cars. I finally got some weird tuning setups that worked well (search of Ford GT Tuning no driving aids).

Tonight I was playing around with the Driving Force Pro settings, and tried the "Active Steering" function. This is a function I used for the first few days of owning the DFP and then turned off once I got used to the wheel.

The Ford GT magically got better. I even went back to completely stock suspension and the car drove fine. Still not an easy car to drive with 838 hp, but NOTHING like what I was experiencing before. I drove that way for a while then turned the "Active Steering" back off. Immediately the GT started spinning like crazy, exactly what I had always experienced with the stock suspension settings in the past. I turned Active Steering back on and will leave it that way since I drive the GT a fair amount.

I haven't had a problem with other cars when not using the Active Steering setting, but the Ford GT is a completely different car with this setting turned on.

It would be interesting to see how many people who think the Ford GT is fine "out of the box" had Active Steering turned on all the while, and how many people who thought the GT was almost unusable "out of the box" had the Active Steering function turned off...

Back