Found a vid of probally the best driver in GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1989therat
  • 33 comments
  • 2,111 views
Messages
717
This guy is insane. This has got to be one of the greatest drivers in the history of GT4 players
Old corvette on SH tires

He uses no driving aids at all and goes sideways through every turn. He messed up 2 times while doing this. I want to know who this guy is. :nervous:
 
That's very, very, very impressive, but he's not THE best. If anyone can do a clean lap there with the Yellowbird drifting around every corner in N1 tires, and come out with a 7'20 laptime or faster, then I'll declare that guy the best driver.
 
.Duck.
That's very, very, very impressive, but he's not THE best. If anyone can do a clean lap there with the Yellowbird drifting around every corner in N1 tires, and come out with a 7'20 laptime or faster, then I'll declare that guy the best driver.

Heh, I don't think that's even possible on N1 tires ;). An Arcade Mode RGT on S3's can get under that mark, but I think an N1-equipped Yellowbird would have trouble even getting under 7'45.

Neat video, and the back half was done really well, up until those two very major offs. Those are the places I normally scratch a lap in faster cars too. The kmph readout makes it feel a lot faster ;).
 
Looked like fun.
I wish I could drive like that.
 
I just want to know who he is and why we've never seen him before!. I think the yellowbird would be impossible.
 
Very impressive! 👍 That looks like some friggin fun right there!!!
 
makes my arms tired just thinking about how much that wheel moving around. Do you really need to steer that much that fast with a wheel?
 
SlipZtrEm
Heh, I don't think that's even possible on N1 tires ;). An Arcade Mode RGT on S3's can get under that mark, but I think an N1-equipped Yellowbird would have trouble even getting under 7'45.
That's why the person who did it would be the best driver in the world. 💡 ;)
 
lol...hehehe...Lets all try and do it :)

I'm amazed at how fast his hands steer the wheel and how quickly he reacts to every little bump or slide...amazing

Socom 3
 
Great run. 👍

The drivers' two main offs are at about the same place I eat it (especially the last off, right after the strait.) Nice job.
 
Somehow, the way the car's suspension reacted seemed fake, not usual.
 
I think its just his perfected way of driving. I don't know how anyone could fake that. I'm sure its possible though...the old corvettes suspension did roll alot though.
 
He goes off at least 3 times... What's the point of an insane flying lap if you can't keep it on track?
 
ok...imagine all the time before the wreck.......and forget the 2 wrecks...amazing, isn't he?
 
That's Lap2 on an attack , he is pushing it on the high-speed sections . . SportsHard and he catches that tail very curtly once or twice . . it's like the rear is contained a bit , after all that's a race chevvy . . can't you adjust downforce in arcade ? Ide consider it a quick lap considering . . but N1s on the yellowbird is definitely the challenge , i did a few coupla month back and it's sooo hard to get the balance between gingerly keeping it on and flicking for drift .
 
I dont think you could do that on N1's..you'll just slide as if on ice.
 
A much more productive lap can be had if you fit N3s on the front for braking stability
 
All I know is I need to get one of those Force Pro wheels, because controlled drifting like he did is pretty much impossible with the controller.
 
looked like a dfp on the 270 or w/e degree mode....or just a DF....so i give him even more props because its not as easy drifting on a wheel as it is with your thumb.

-nismo
 
keef
All I know is I need to get one of those Force Pro wheels, because controlled drifting like he did is pretty much impossible with the controller.
Just noticed your location.
 
It's impossible to drive like that in 900 degree, LMAO!

I have myself the wheel. I think he used the 180mode off the wheel & did that run, though it still impressive.
 
Oh damn I wanna do that too man looks so cool to do. Thats real pure fun:tup:
I never have that with GT4 myself:(
 
It looked like a fun lap too..I tried it...but ended up in the wall alot...and..well...drifting is more fun as an art rather thatn for speed! :)
 
Anyway I can download this? I only get the audio through the site, don't know why.
 
I think I am enough skilled in GT4 to say this:

That car IS modded, two reasons:

1º Driftability. In arcade mode, stock with RSH tyres, the car has no driftablility. If you add +20% power and -10% weight, you can drift, but you can't do braking drifts (GT4 typical understeer + racing tyres). You're no where near to the car in the video.

2º Braking distance. The baking in the video is waaaaay too short compared to what you obtain from the arcade mode car. So that car has weight reduction 3 and better brakes.

But he's still a very skilled driver.
 
Back