Another white knuckle experience (New York 200 miles)

• Thread starter CRXnut
  • 5 comments
New York 200 miles endurance

After having so much fun in Laguna Seca endurance race I decided to run another 200 point race. After some experiments with different line ups and different versions of BMW M3s I started the race in stock M3 CSL on S1 tires.

Starting grid

Mercedes SL 65 AMG
TVR Cerbera
TVR T350C
Lotus Motor Sport Elise
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
BMW M3 CSL

3 … 2 … 1 … Start !

Lap 1 : I run into a wall on cold tires
Lap 2 : I pass all cars for the lead, I guess everyone is having hard time with cold tires
Laps 3-6 : The Cerbera seems to be stuck behind the Mercedes
Laps 7-17 : TVR finally passes the SL but by that time I’m 9 seconds ahead
Lap 18 : Cerbera pits, this is good news. My tires are turning orange
Lap 19 : I decide to pit as well. I could go another lap or two but pitting every 19 laps will put me on 3 stop strategy (76 laps total)
Laps 20-23 : Me and the TVR put down almost identical laps (around 1:47.500).
Lap 23 : I lap the Aston but he pushes me into a wall in the next turn and passes me back
Laps 24-30 : I’m not driving very well, the TVR is getting closer, I only lead by 6 seconds
Lap 31 : I catch up to the Lotus. It’s very hard to pass him. Every time I get to the front he drafts me and passes me back
Lap 32 : I finally run away from the Lotus and the TVR passes him cleanly on first try !!! Only 5 seconds lead
Laps 33-36 : Cerbera keeps pushing and cuts the lead down to 3 seconds
Lap 37 : The Cerbera pits after running 19 laps. If he keeps running like this he might be on same pit strategy as me
Lap 38 : Pit stop, fuel and tires
Lap 39 : 9 seconds lead thanks to the pit crew.
Laps 40-43 : TVR puts down some quick laps to decrease my lead to 7 seconds but catches up to Elise and this time it slows him down
Laps 44-49 : The Cerbera must have crashed when trying to pass the Elise, I build up 15 seconds lead
Lap 50 : The history repeats itself. I pass the Aston on the long straight and he hits me under braking. This time he gets me on the rear quarter panel, spins me around and into the wall. It takes forever to turn around and the TVR passes me for the lead.
Laps 50-55 : I can’t catch him. There are parts of the track where I’m way faster but on long straights I just can’t keep up with him. I run fastest lap of the race 1:47.125
Lap 56 : He pulls into the pits. Hopefully he will make another pit stop just before the end
Lap 57 : I think about staying out for another lap but decide to pit on schedule
Lap 58 : I come out of the pits in the lead. I guess the TVR pit crew is just not having their day !
Laps 58-64 : There is intense battle for the lead, we pass each other at least ten times.
Lap 64 : We catch up to the Mercedes, unfortunately he doesn’t slow him down this time.
Laps 65-70 : Still very close but I stay in the lead by 2 seconds
Lap 70 : I lap the other TVR (T350C) but the Cerbera is having hard time passing his teammate !
Laps 71-74 : I extend my lead to 6 seconds thanks to poor team orders at TVR J
Lap 75 : The Cerbera pits but I would have won even if he didn’t.
Lap 76 : I take the win 35 seconds ahead of second place Cerbera

This was another close race. Except for the final lap the biggest lead I had was 15 seconds, most of the time under 10.

Nice going CRXnut!
This one will definitely get you in Club 200. Come on over and post the details for your BMW at the Stock Car Race thread.

Use the following one line format, and use the values off the selling screen in the garage, the ones on the main screen & replays are wrong!

Car / Drivetrain (FF, FR etc) / Power (HP) / Weight (kg) / Weight to Power ratio (kg/HP) / A-spec points.

See you there! :cheers:

*edit* I see you've posted a link to this race already, but could you please read the rules in post #1 and post your race and car details as I've requested above.
Thanks. 👍 I'll add you to the list as soon as I get your data. The next update to the thread won't happen until the New Year though, as I'm off on vacation. :guilty:

X-Othermic
Well done, seems like a hard race.

It actually wasn't that bad. Anyone who has passed Driving Mission 11 can do it in this great car - just watch out for Spira and C5 Corvette in the lineup. Spira is fast and the Corvette can go 26 laps on one set of tires.

CRXnut
It actually wasn't that bad. Anyone who has passed Driving Mission 11 can do it in this great car - just watch out for Spira and C5 Corvette in the lineup. Spira is fast and the Corvette can go 26 laps on one set of tires.

Yes i've noticed that at the Nurb 24 hr race as well. The Spoon can go about 7-8 laps without pitting. Seems kind of unfair to me.

Back