My so-called B-spec run at the Ring. (4 hours)

Car:Nissan 350z
Tuning: New tranny, chassis adjusting, and oil change before race
Competition:
-Honda NSX Type R
-Opel Speedster Turbo
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evo GSR
-Mustang Cobra R
-Camaro SS

Race:
Okay, this was SUPPOSED to be a B-spec practice for my B-Spec buddy in preparation for the infamous 24 hr enduro here at the Ring. But instead the whole plan changed on the FIRST lap. So read on to find out what happened...

1st hour
Okay start of the race my b-spec buddy takes the Green flag with the Opel in front. So i decided to start out with Sports tires hard. It starts out like usual, cars having gaps between them so i tell my driver to Push more. We start to catch up at the first checkpoint, but when i saw the interval i was like "Oh ****", 12 sec behind the Little Opel Speedster. I didnt worry though, knowing that it was a long race. Now my b-spec buddy caught up with the pack, right behind the NSX and EVO. Lucky for my Nascar knowledge i tell my driver to draft. :) It was a clean pass. Now in 5th place i see the Camaro. My driver gets his line on the inside and easy pass. NOW it's the 4th or so checkpoint, so i take a look. Oh MY GOODNESS! 25 sec. AND i take a look at my tires and they're begginning to warm up, so i take a little break at the bathroom to re-think my strategy.......

Ok, now i'm back. So i see my Car in 3rd right behind the NSX. Good. And we hit the straight. I took a look at the other cars speeds.

My car- 158 mph
NSX- 162 mph
Camaro- 155 mph

And that's all i saw. :) Wow, end of first lap and ouch the interval. HONESTLY...
55 seconds!
I AM NOT OVER EXAGGERATING. My car and the NSX, fastest in my opinion, hit about a 8 minute 35 second lap and the Opel Speedster Turbo (WITH NO TRAFFIC) hit about a 7 minute 40 lap. OUCH. So i watch to see how this little buddy runs his lap....

7 minutes and 52 seconds later...

161 mph at the straight and just as fast as my 350z on the course. Now i start to think. Hmm... my 350z is racing on the worst tires and still keeping up. If i race... 💡

15 or so minutes later...

My 350z finally passes the NSX and its tires are begginning to wear out. :crazy: 5 lap window?? :yuck: So i signal my B-spec buddy to pit. Now i strap up, crack my neck a couple times, and grab the controller nice and firm. WHile i prepare....

CRASH!

He crashes the 350z! The tires are preeettty much dead so i signal him to Cruise. Now it's still a 50+ second lead thankfully, due to LITTLe mistakes by the Opel Speedster. Ok, here he comes in the pits. I switch in. I clearly made a decision to use Sports tire Medium 👍 I leave the pits with a large gap with the Opel Speedster, but not a huge loss from the lead by the time i entered the pits. My first checkpoint, 55 secs behind. :sly: I catching up, eh? Fast foward now, i catch up to the NSX and EASILY pass him with my crossover manuever. :indiff: Now to the straight, time for a break end this lap and move on. End of lap, 52 seconds.
1st hour done

2nd hour

I wait patiently lap after lap waiting for this dude to pit. Then he finally pits. So it's down to a 40 second lead. Gaining second after second. End of this lap 35 seconds. But as the cycle goes, i have to pit. LUCKILY, it's a quickie pit :dopey: , i lose about 7 seconds and i know i can EASILY get those seconds back....

Half an hour later...

CRASH! Opel Speedster Turbo and i believe his bad tires crashes before he can head to the pits. YES! He pits and i can see his little @$$ come out of the pits, well on the map. Down to a 16 second lead. My tires are warmed up to the point that i like it. Yes! down to a 10 second lead at end of lap. Now, i decide to take no chances and decide to pit earlier than expected. So i end the lap, still making strides, and head to the pits. ANOTHER quickie pit :dopey: ! Still 12 second lap. Almost the end of this hour i can see the little car's back bumper at the straight. AND i think...he has to pit! 💡 YAW! Lucky me.
END of 2nd hour

3rd hour
He pits, and when he comes out, here i come!!! :crazy: He can definitely hear my Naturally Aspirated engine. :sly: I follow him turn by turn, and i catch him at the turn, (You know that one with the banking...call it the toilet bowl), at the toilet bowl and leave him easily. BUT He's still there. I know i have to get about a 10 second lead so when i go in the pits i can feel real comfortable. AND guess what?? 💡 I DO! So when i pit. I'm still ahead of him! AND when he pits! I'm WAY ahead of him!!! :crazy: YEAH! Now if your still reading this, please type 829 in your reply message (if you do) so i'll know if you ACTUALLY read this. Half an hour till finish, the cycle goes on. The lead got so comfortable that i actually got my b-spec buddy to join in at the last lap to finish this race off. Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick,Tick, Tick. END of 3rd hour. END of Race. I take my victory lap.
End

Notes:
Best lap- 7 min 46 sec
Margin of victory- 1 min. 40 sec.
Intervals: Best- 2 minute Worst- 55 seconds
Avg pit: 3 laps

Finishing order:
1. Me, 350z
2. Opel Speedster Turbo
3. NSX Type R
4. Evo 1 lap
5. Cobra R 1 lap
6. Camaro SS 1 lap

Please comment on my write-up. Not bad for a very young boy like me, eh? OH yeah, about the 24 hour, I'm doing it in a RE Mazda Race car on Thursday at night. AND with a write-up! Imagine that. THIS 6x!!! Thank you for reading, and PLEASE comment or add feedback. :)

Nice writeup. Sounds like it may be worth extending my Elan's career to include a punt at this event. Last time I was running 7:50 to 7:55 laps and 5 lap stretches, so the Speedster Turbo should prove a stronger challenge than the Cobra had.

Back