• 159 comments

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
United States
Southern Louisiana
GTP_Kent
Welcome! :cheers:

If you can provide replays for any of your racing please post here to join up with a group of racers who can also provide replays when necessary.

To officially join, simply post in this thread and either attach a replay file or link to a replay file you have stashed somewhere else on the net!

All racers who sign up will be listed in this thread.

This is not a pledge to race perfectly clean all the time.

This is a place to let everyone know that it is possible for you to support your lap times.

Replay Supported Racers
Andge08
AngelCreator
arora
Ballstothewall
BaronCAD
βen
Bigracer
Blake
BobK
Casio
Cspang21
daan
Der Alta
Drew22
Duke
east
Ebiggs
Famine
ferrari_chris
FinalExam
flamve
Flat-out
Flerbizky
FWA2500
geeTeye
George Morley
Gingiba
Golf
grime gmd
GT3mich
GT_Fan2005
gtbadboy
GTXDriver
hispeed
homie montana
h0ss
holzlondon
hucker696
icemanshooter23
InsaneRacer
jake73
jphachi_roku
jump ace
Kent
KLR142
Laurence5905
live4speed
Luxy
MADFORCE
MINICOOPER120
MisterWeary
MrJ
Mr. P
NielsG
OldDriverDan
oldphart
opendriver19a
Randymcchickenf
Road Kill
ROB 256R
Sjenk
Skper
Small Fryz
Smallhorses
Sphinx
Steve57
STLbarcelona5
Super T
T13R
TeamLosiRacer
TheWizard
Thirdeye
VEXD
VTRacing
X-Othermic
Z

If you really want to get into the R.S.R. but don't have a replay transfer device, feel free to contact Der Alta here!
He has volunteered and may be able to help you, just ask. 👍

Edit:
This thread is replacing the old "clean racers coalition" because the C.R.C was lost during the upgrades to GTP 8.
(I am adding the names of everyone from the C.R.C. to this thread)

Please feel free to properly change the links in your sig if you have one. 👍

Sign me up, Kent.

Neil

Attachments

• Ballstothewall_WRS36.max
    34.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Ballstothewall_WRS35.max
    18.9 KB · Views: 29
I've changed my sig. and as I mentioned in the previous thread, neat idea Kent 👍

Updated. 👍

Also may I just say... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought there would be dozens of members looking to take credit for being able to provide a replay (for one thing or another).

Give it time I say. :cheers:

Thanks for joining up KLR142, if nothing else, I will know your in. 👍 :D

Until next time,
-Kent

I may as well join. Here's one of me getting my drift on. I'm not very good so don't expect too much.
(1'34.072 in the Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01 @ Apricot Hill Raceway)

Attachments

• ROB 256R RSR.max
    23.6 KB · Views: 47
I may as well join. Here's one of me getting my drift on. I'm not very good so don't expect too much.
(1'34.072 in the Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01 @ Apricot Hill Raceway)

The only thing I expect now, is that when you say "I drove this car to this lap time and did this and that..." I will be able to trust you without seeing replays. 👍

Just knowing you have the ability to provide a replay means that I will not have to wonder about your racing or ask for a replay every time I see a new lap out of you.

Welcome to the club. :cheers:

Just like with some of the others here...
If nothing else, atleast I know you have the means of proving yourself and that is all anyone needs to know about your racing. 👍

Question, what devices can a replay file be saved onto? If it has to be something specific I probably can't, if theres any way you can upload it to things like you can the photo's I might be able to.

EDIT: Just ordered a MaxDrive for a tenner so I'll be back in here when it arrives.

Sphinx, 👍
Glad to see you put your name in (you're another one of the known replay supported racers who just haven't put there name down).

Ebiggs,
If you have a replay on the net already then just link that. 👍
I don't need a fresh replay for this thread specifically.

Live4Speed,
I'm not sure about all of the options but generally speaking you will need a Sharkport, Xport, or MaxDrive.
Something that is made to accept a game save and transfer it to the PC.
Otherwise it is really hard to supply replays (using capture cards on the PC and whatnot).

So good luck to you regarding that. 👍
Sorry if my words aren't good news (as I doubt you have one of those game save devices since you had to ask in the first place).

But oh well, all is good.
If you ever get a replay device feel free to stop back in. 👍

Until next time,
-Kent

(btw, I'm editing the list to show sphinx and will return to edit the list when ebiggs links or attaches a replay of some kind) :cheers:

Actually, Kent, I've never used the Sharkport to transfer a replay file. I only used it a couple times back in GT3 for hybrids. I'll run a quick lap now and upload it.

That's cool. 👍

The idea behind the R.S.R. isn't so much about "come and show your times" as much as it is about "these racers can prove times if it is needed."

The fact of the matter is,
If you see great times from a member that you don't know it can be hard to accept their times.

However, if you know a racer provides replays or is capable of doing so, it can be much, MUCH, easier to race and accept another person's lap times without worrying about cheating and whatnot.

The idea here is to get to know each other so that lap time discussion will never have to end with "can you prove that time"? :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to upload a replay, I know what a hassle it can be.

Btw, if you haven't used the xport yet, try uploading this lap to your mem. card.
(if you are NTSC)

Full quick tune arcade Mclaren F1 at the Ring in under 5'30. 👍 :sly:

(NTSC)
Use the .SPS file for sharkport/xport
Use the .max for maxdrives

Later. :cheers:

Attachments

• 27.993 Kent McLaren @ Ring.sps
    38.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 27.993 Kent McLaren @ Ring.max
    29.4 KB · Views: 20
Link/attachment worked fine for me Ebiggs. 👍

On that note, I've added your name to the list of racers who are supported by replays.

I'm happy to have you with us, don't be scared to reffer to that "RSR" status if someone doubts your times. ;)

Until next time, or until someone else comes in to say "sign me up,"
Later. :D

Kent
Link/attachment worked fine for me Ebiggs. 👍

On that note, I've added your name to the list of racers who are supported by replays.

I'm happy to have you with us, don't be scared to reffer to that "RSR" status if someone doubts your times. ;)

Until next time, or until someone else comes in to say "sign me up,"
Later. :D

Thanks. 👍

Not that anyone will ever question my laptimes... except to ask 'why are you so dang slow?'

Here's a 200 point wet race at tsakuba. If the attachment works, please add me to the roster.

Attachments

• GT4-200pt-Tsakuba-Wet-Normal.max
    29.7 KB · Views: 30
Kent
That's cool. 👍

The idea behind the R.S.R. isn't so much about "come and show your times" as much as it is about "these racers can prove times if it is needed."

Use the .SPS file for sharkport/xport
Use the .max for maxdrives
Where would one find one of these devices you speak of ?
Best Buy?
Game Stop?
Net?

Would love to join R.S.R. so point me in the right direction. PLEASE :nervous:

You can get an Action Max drive from EBGames, for example.

I've had problems with the SharkPort on my slimline PS2, but the Action Max Evo does indeed work for me.

(Well, I say it works for me... until Kent confirms it, take my recommendation with a grain of salt.) :)

Welcome to GTP Sbatts. We're supposed to post replay files here, though, not video replays. ;)

BaronCAD
Where would one find one of these devices you speak of ?
Best Buy?
Game Stop?
Net?

Would love to join R.S.R. so point me in the right direction. PLEASE :nervous:

Ebiggs was pretty much right on.
The Xport/ Sharkport thing is old and I only leave that option there for the guys who haven't bought a maxdrive (but still have a xport).

Since I'm not even sure the xport is made anymore it would probably be best to look into a Action Replay Max Drive. 👍

Just like Ebiggs said, they are usually availible at EBgames but I've seen them in Best Buy as well.

Good luck with that task. :cheers:

Sbatts,
I've got to make sure it is you who made the run.

Would it be possible for you to post a video replay of a very specific car/track combo I request?
That way it will be possible for us to verify that you are actually creating the video being posted.

If you are interested in working something out just post here and we will make it happen. 👍

Until time time,
:cheers:

Kent
The Xport/ Sharkport thing is old and I only leave that option there for the guys who haven't bought a maxdrive (but still have a xport).

Since I'm not even sure the xport is made anymore it would probably be best to look into a Action Replay Max Drive. 👍

Just like Ebiggs said, they are usually availible at EBgames but I've seen them in Best Buy as well.

Well thank you both. Best Buy does have it, by the way.

Kent

Sbatts,
I've got to make sure it is you who made the run.

Would it be possible for you to post a video replay of a very specific car/track combo I request?
That way it will be possible for us to verify that you are actually creating the video being posted.

If you are interested in working something out just post here and we will make it happen. 👍

Until time time,
:cheers:

Hey Kent, I think you have me confused with somebody else! :lol: I never posted anything about where to get an AR Max.

You know there is a program that converts .max to .sps and vice versa, don't you?

Edit: Sbatts doesn't have video capture capabilities that I know of, that was made by a friend of ours on another forum. He recently picked up three (3!) AR Maxes though, so he should be in here sometime to put one of those up. You can take my work on it for now.

Welcome to the group Flerbizky. :cheers:

I've added your name to the list.

Sorry about the confusion Ebiggs.
I thought it was you who pointed the racer in the direction of a xport or maxdrive.

No biggie though right? :D

Until next time, :cheers:

I'll stick .Max file up later, I got hold a MaxDrive a couple of day's ago.

Here's my replay from the DTM Test before the season start. Nitro_2005 was sceptical about my time until i gave him this proof.

May i be signed up please?

Attachments

• 51719_4465_GRAN_TURIS.max
    29.2 KB · Views: 17
Back