• 28 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
You can now easily browse and post to the GTPlanet Forums on the go, with your cell phone, PSP, or other wireless device! Just type in mobile.gtplanet.net to be directed to the "mobile" skin of our forums. If visiting the site in your computer's browser, you may need to use the style selector at the bottom of the page to return to the default version.

I know this feature has been wanted for a long time, and I do hope that you all take advantage of it. :)

It doesn't seem to work for me... what is it supposed to look like exactly?

I'm trying to view it on my PSP, and it seems the ads are messing up the page width...

My apologies to those who tried accessing the new mobile site - I forgot to make the new style public! :dunce: Try again and you should see the real thing.

Whoa, Jordan, it looks great! It is less demanding on the PSP and saves me kilobyte charges on my cell phone bill. 👍

Look! GTP anywhere I go:

Very cool. Very cool! :cool:

:bowdown:

You've excelled yourself once again Jordan. 👍

*EDIT*:

Jordan
... If visiting the site in your computer's browser, you may need to use the style selector at the bottom of the page to return to the default version. ...
I see what you mean. :)

When I tried mobile.gtplanet.net on my phone, it said "too long". I don't even know what it meant by that. I tried accessing www.gtplanet.net thru the wap version of google and it worked. :D:tup: I used to love peeking into gtp from my cell phone. Now I'm definitely gonna start doing that again.

It seems like sub forums can't be accessed right now. B ut it loads quickly and is easy on the eyes. 👍 Just need to iron out the glitches I guess.

I think we all appreciate the hard work you`ve put in for RSS, GTP 8, and now GTPmobile. If only GT4 mobile was to come as quickly. lol

yeii now i can go on GTP in classes..........nah just jokin........yeah but in skool ill do it in lunch and break and in the bus

I have a little question about this. Jordan, are you just using the archive skin of vBulletin, or did you actually design a skin for mobile phones?

The archive isn't a skin in the same sense that other styles are. It doesn't use templates or cookies or anything. For GTP Mobile, I customized an image-free skin called "Mobile Alabama" that someone had released to the vB community.

Very nice feature Jordan. It seems to be just as fast as the old mobile code, and much easier to use. 👍 Now I can submit WRS times while traveling! But........

I had a problem last night. I tried submitting my first post using the mobile, and kept getting a http 400 error when hitting the submit button.......which is strange.

Would it have anything to do with the fact that I was using a blackberry? I have html, wml, and javascript enabled in my browser. It almost seems like a server code error?????

I don't know if anyone else has gotten this.

That's a strange error. I'm not really sure as I do not have a Blackberry so I can't really test that out. There are so many portable browsers out there in so many different configurations that I am not familiar with. It could be anything. Perhaps some other Blackberry users could help out?

Back