Got US$375,000 to burn? (Get a racecar)

  • Thread starter Thread starter luftrofl
  • 62 comments
  • 3,467 views
Messages
669
Just thought I might share this little thing I came across.

For just US$375,000 you can get a 1997 Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca :sly:

Here's the advertisement: http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/129837936.html

It's funny because it's around a 20-25 minute drive from my house, shame I don't have the cash though. :guilty:
 
i always like to look at cars like that on ebay... i see nice porsches too.
luftrofl
It's funny because it's around a 20-25 minute drive from my house, shame I don't have the cash though. :guilty:
make a down payment and tell them that you're coming back with the rest of the money tomorrow, then bring back the car and tell them you don't like it. always works for me :) KIDDING!!
 
OMFG!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!
jawdrop0ki.gif
That's near me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
drool57li.gif


I'm Soooooooooooooooo there tomorrow!!!
 
Nice... Really nice !...
 
Wow, a bargain! It's like $2,000,000 in GT4! :dopey:
 
I think I'd rather take the Benetton F1 car. Although you would need a team of skilled engineers to operate it...ut that's why I'm at University. ;)
 
Hold on while I pick my tongue up off the floor..... damn I wanna win the EuroMillions today! lol
 
...Cant you buy a brand-new SRT-10 Competition from Dodge for less than $375K?
 
McLaren F1 GTR for £1,200,000....


:drool:
 
Hello people...

:cough:

sale-129837936@craigslist.org
This is one of the most original surviving Team Oreca Vipers developed and sponsored by Dodge to win the World Championship in 1997. Probably one of the best documented vipers and a real piece of Viper history with racing heritage.
:cough:

If this is true then price doesn't ****ing matter. :rolleyes:
 
That is quite a bargain! only problem now is cash :grumpy:

VIPFREAK, lets carpool, take out a loan and buy it together :D
 
:lol: Ok, I'll hold it at my place untill you um get here, 💡 but uh yeah! that will work! :sly:
 
Buy the car. Then come to england and work here for 8 years for the average wage of £30 K a year. Marry a woman who earns about £35k a year. You pay off the car and she pays for everything else.

Or buy the car go to the gym get really buff and become a stripper/gigolo.
 
I was thinking that maybe we could ship it here and i would wait for you to come down. Well not wait as i would obviously be driving it but you get the idea :D
 
man what a bargain. too bad i'm about 350k short :p
 
But alas... it's next to me and since I'll have it, it ain't goin no where and will be waiting for you're ass to get here. :lol: j/k :p

Anyway, so I called the guy and it is an actual GTS-R from the LeMans in '97. According to him this is one of 4 chassis for that race... C1, C2, C3, and C4. Basically C3 is the only one that's in decent shape. :lol: :grumpy: Here is the only other proof I could find so far on it.

I will be going over there to take pic, see it in person, and MAYBE EVEN SIT IN IT! :jumps up and down like a little school girl: ( ok, that was uncalled for... :sick: )
 
I'd rather take the 375k and buy a Carrera GT or a Zonda.
 
That's about 20 minutes away from me. East bay luv.

I bought it as well. It's fast!
 
Not worth the price in the least, no matter the race history. You can get 360GT's that have raced at Le Mans with crap-tons of spares for a little more. In fact, in the Ferrari Market Letter, there are cars that have won races (maybe not Le Mans) that sell for less than that.

Ditto on the :drool: for M5. My god! :drool:
 
I want it....


Imagine coming to school in one of these. :D
 
VIPFREAK
But alas... it's next to me and since I'll have it, it ain't goin no where and will be waiting for you're ass to get here. :lol: j/k :p

Anyway, so I called the guy and it is an actual GTS-R from the LeMans in '97. According to him this is one of 4 chassis for that race... C1, C2, C3, and C4. Basically C3 is the only one that's in decent shape. :lol: :grumpy: Here is the only other proof I could find so far on it.

I will be going over there to take pic, see it in person, and MAYBE EVEN SIT IN IT! :jumps up and down like a little school girl: ( ok, that was uncalled for... :sick: )

👍 :lol:

Now this is a beast.
http://www.carclassic.com/stock.asp?StockID=100009
 
Quite a motor but not worth all that money to be fair.
 
If you really wanted you could buy a nice 355C or 360C for a lot less :)
 
Must be really decked out in the power department then.

A denistry here just sold his racing Viper GTSR for about $180K. It was a really nice race car in the SCCA series.

Note to VipFreak: He sold it for the new Comp. Coupe. :sly:
 
*McLaren*

Note to VipFreak: He sold it for the new Comp. Coupe. :sly:
WHAT!? It's not there anymore!?!? :calls them in panic:

edit: Phew... it's still there. Damn it, McLaren don't do that. I almost had a heart attack! :grumpy:
 
Back