My First car!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Porko
  • 33 comments
  • 1,473 views
Messages
1,948
Its been awhile since ive last posted...but i thought i would share what i just purchased as my first car especially since its just so different....

Its a Suzuki Cappuccino, which for thoughs that dont know are 660cc turbo and rear wheel drive. The previous owner dynoed it at 48kw are the rear wheels :D. The mods so far are only a pod air filter and cannon muffler.

These cars are such a joy to drive and dont go through that much fuel which is great especially with todays prices well here are some pics as well.







*updated with engine pic*
 
Haha not wrong about being different, congrats on the purchase and enjoy 👍.

BTW got an engine pic?

BTW2 Nice to see you back again.
 
Nah i havent got any engine bay pics...i will most likely take some tomorrow for ya... and thanks ive always been here just havent posted lol...
 
That's a REALLY nice car, especially if you can fit inside ;)....I'm so envious of all guys that aren't TOO tall, not like my 2 metres :(.....yeah it's cool being tall but when it comes to cars, it sucks :(
 
Nice little car.

I've only ever seen a red one in real life. You don't get to see many over here.
 
Great first car 👍 👍

- people will/should beat you up for having an exhaust that size on a 660cc engine 👎 👎 👎
 
G.T
You don't get to see many over here.

Neither would you see in Germany, I haven't seen any :nervous:

TheCracker
- people will/should beat you up for having an exhaust that size on a 660cc engine 👎 👎 👎

Well, i tinhk that's how he got the car, so please give him some time :sly:
 
Whoa thats such a cool first car a Cappo! Also like G.T I always see them in red here, I think it's the common colour so it's nice to see one that isn't red. 👍

Is it just the muffler or a full exaust system? If it's just a muffler i'd get it changed, but thats just me.
 
Theres a guy with a jet black one in Chorlton, nmippy car. Great choice for a first car if you only want 2 seats, it's a good entry into the world of sportscars. We don't get many here, I've seen the odd one around but the black one is the only one I see regular. You need a number plate like AVE 1T, allthough over here that's been taken.
 
Not a bad car for a starter. I'm kinda jealous, my first car only cost me $1, but it was nothing compared to that.
Different can be good, and the mods on the car are still alright, just don't go plastering vinyls on it saying how your a drift god, or anything else, and you'll be good.

One questiong though, why does the redline start at 8500, and go to 12000??? Why wouldn't they just make the tach larger, with bigger numbers and end it at 9 or 10 grand?
 
*tip* Maybe for the same reason that VW Golf 1.4s keep having 260 kmh tachs :lol: (I really mean it!) Just as the new Golf5 GTI's tach that goes to 300 kmh, despite of the car only having 200hp
 
So how small is the Cappichino compared to say, the Mini Cooper or MX5? The car was never sold in the US, and although I've used them many times in Gran Turismo, I dont think I ever understood how small they actually are...
 
puricele7e
Neither would you see in Germany, I haven't seen any :nervous:



Well, i tinhk that's how he got the car, so please give him some time :sly:


I bought the car with the exhuarst it really isnt that bad...its only the muffler so i aint losing any power which is good.
 
SRV2LOW4ME
Not a bad car for a starter. I'm kinda jealous, my first car only cost me $1, but it was nothing compared to that.
Different can be good, and the mods on the car are still alright, just don't go plastering vinyls on it saying how your a drift god, or anything else, and you'll be good.

One questiong though, why does the redline start at 8500, and go to 12000??? Why wouldn't they just make the tach larger, with bigger numbers and end it at 9 or 10 grand?
Its a debit lol...Dont worry i aint no drift god or a ricer...i would kick my own butt if i but vinlys and so well my brothers and all there mates who drive performance cars. I have no idea why they didnt stop at 10k as well...not like u use the rest.
 
YSSMAN
So how small is the Cappichino compared to say, the Mini Cooper or MX5? The car was never sold in the US, and although I've used them many times in Gran Turismo, I dont think I ever understood how small they actually are...
Did you americans ever get the original Mini Cooper well its a bit the same size as that...the mx5 it looks big compared to it....and you dont have to be short to drive one of these...im 6'2 and i fit in there perfectly.
 
Sweet car porko. I've always like the look of the cappucino. 👍 👍

Have lots of fun with it. :)
 
Nice score. RWD, turbo, can't argue with that. I've seen the car on the Gran Turismo games but never knew of any of it's potential until seeing Initial D(I know it's a cartoon but there's some truth in there too). I'll never get a chance to encounter those so enjoy it. I think the muffler can stay, but a turbo back exhaust upgrade should do much better, turbo engines benefit more with exhaust system changes than NA cars.
 
Nice car! i really like it, now i wanna go buy one in GT4 :) anyways you much BHP it got?
 
A ragtop for your first car = 👍 👍 👍 Noice!
 
That's an awesome first car 👍
48kw at the wheels is rocking for such a little motor, that's more that 100hp per litre at the flywheel. Are you planning or doing any further mods to it or leave it basically stock?

How much was it btw?
 
Lucky bastard!


Great first car!
 
The Porko
Did you americans ever get the original Mini Cooper well its a bit the same size as that...the mx5 it looks big compared to it....and you dont have to be short to drive one of these...im 6'2 and i fit in there perfectly.


Here in the USA I've seen two of the originals out on road. I never got inside one yet nor the new one. The first was a blue left-hand drive and the second was a red gray-market right-hand drive example with the Union Jack on the roof.
 
Nice Cappo, man. A decent reference is that it can just about fit between a Miata's tires. I've only ever seen one in my life, and it was in the UK.

I'd love one to take to the canyons, though.

If that is a full exhaust, it's not too bad, remember that the car *is* turbo, after all.
 
red70mach1
Here in the USA I've seen two of the originals out on road. I never got inside one yet nor the new one. The first was a blue left-hand drive and the second was a red gray-market right-hand drive example with the Union Jack on the roof.

Up here in Michigan there are a lot of older MGs, Triumphs, Minis, and Austin Healeys around. Although the "origional" Minis are some of the rarest, Ive seen about 10 or so come through here. It may be because of the old British Car Specialist Shop a few miles from my house, but I'm not sure. I had the chance to sit and go for a short drive in a (I think it was a '63?) Cooper S and I loved it. I'm 6ft, so it was a little tight, but not too bad...

About the Cappo: I've always had an interest in the car because of Gran Turismo, but with the reputation Suzuki has here in the US, its no wonder it never came Stateside.
 
Im not planining any future mods yet as i perfer to just enjoy it for now and pay it off abit...the car was $9kAUD (aussie dollars). Mods that i do want to do include a turbo back exhuarst and replace the stock colour and customize my brothers stock R34 intercooler and then up the boost which will do as the car is only small.
 
Sweet first car! :) Can't argue with a rear-wheel-drive ragtop. ;) 👍

You should hook up a double-shot nitrous system and rename it the Suzuki "Double-Shot Espresso." :sly: :lol:
 
:lol:...6ft 2 seems pretty big (almost as big as senior Clarkson), so that means I would fit inside :-) I am extremely happy about the fact that I would fit in a car I would never be able to drive :(

Congrats again ;)
 
Nice! I thought about getting one as a first car but couldn't afford it at the time because of their rarity here. Have fun with it!

Wolfe2x7
You should hook up a double-shot nitrous system and rename it the Suzuki "Double-Shot Espresso." :sly: :lol:

:lol:
 
Cool car! Must be fun to drive!

Sadly I've never seen one in real life.
 
Back