A few thoughts on a long EL career

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 17 comments
Portugal
Lisboa
FLAT_TWELVE
Some weeks ago I started a fresh EL career, with the purpose to use some cars that in previous games I hadn't tried, mostly classics. Sticking to the rule of leaving a car just after I got it to level 10, I added another rule: to keep switching nationalities, forcing myself to use italian, british, swedish, french, japanese, american, etc.

So, I drove lots of fun vintage cars, like the Merc 300 SL, Lancia Stratos, Fiat 131 Abarth, Nissan 240, Citroen DS, the 60's Mini ... and when I finished with those, I moved to nowadays cars, always trying to use cars I had never used before.

I was never in position to enter the Koty race (at least with a chance to actually fight for the victory) for the first 3 years of game, but, by the 4th, I arrived at the end of the year with a Mustang (it was the time to pick an american car) ... and I got second. Year 5 ended with an FF italian car (the litle Alfa, don't remember the number), and I tried the KotY again ... got second again. The end of year 6 found me with a Nissan 350 Z, and I got the win.

In the meantime, I had made so many races that I had some 180 cars unlocked in EL, missing (apart from some other cars that rarely appear in a race) only the "R" cars. From this class I had unlocked only the BMW 3.0 CSL, the Toyota Supra JGTC and the Nissan Rally Raid car (I unlocked them in "one-make races").

So, I decided to start unlocking the other "R" cars. And here's where I found two things:

a) the BMW is useless in a EL career, because all other "R" (circuit) cars are waaaay faster (accelerating, braking, cornering); I don't know if it can fight the BMW M1, because this one never appeared in a race so far;

b) With he Nissan Rally Raid the game only allows two match races: Marco Strada wet and "Desert whatever"; and the opponent is always the Mitsubishi Rally Raid (I unlocked it);

c) the only other "R" cars we can unlock in the roulette after a race (and I unlocked them using the Toyota) are the DTM Astra and Merc, the JGTC Nissan and NSX, and the Mclaren Race car; The other "Le Mans" cars (2 Audis, Mazda 787, Nissan 390 and Toyota GT-One) appear in the roulette, but the result is ALWAYS "no cars unlocked". Believe me, I tried to unlock them over and over again.

So, by now, I switched my EL rules and I keep a close eye on the RS races calendar, just to have the right car at the right moment. The 12 months of this calendar alternate between "any car" months and "specific cars" months (FF only, RWD only, 4WD only, Rally cars only, Race cars only). And, in the "specific cars races" you always have a "R" car to unlock if you end the race in 4th, or better.*

I have won a rally car in the "FF" week, but I didn't have the time to use it and check what other "R" cars I can unlock with it.

bottom line:

a) It seems that the game wants us to get a "litle crown" in every RS race to allows us to unlock all 211 cars in a EL career;

b) It's a pitty the game doesn't give us at least one other "old" race car, just to be able to fight it with the BMW CSL (like we can with both the Rally Raid cars); but I'll reserve my judgement on this until I get the M1, probably waiting to be unlocked after a RS race somewhere in the calendar;

* If I recall correctly, there are only two consecutive months for "any car (except "R") races", which are November and December.

Wow...I don't really have the patience to slog through EL to get all of the cars. :)

If and when you manage to complete the last RS race and get the 211th car, let us know if anything special happens. :sly:

Wolfe2x7
Wow...I don't really have the patience to slog through EL to get all of the cars. :)

If and when you manage to complete the last RS race and get the 211th car, let us know if anything special happens. :sly:

Be assured. If the BMW 635 Csi Race car gets unlocked, you'll be the first to know :D

There are a lot of cars that would be nice to have in Enthusia... :)

...and for me, a lot of them are BMWs... :lol:

a litle update: By now, I'm at 209 cars unlocked in EL. Only two missing, and they're both class "E" japanese cars (that's all I know about them)

Meanwhile, I had a lot of fun using the Audi R8 '04 in the RS "race cars month".

It is very difficult to beat the Mazda and the other R8, but - luckily - one of those four races was in Loeweseering (normal), and there I took advantage of my "Level 17/ Stage 4" extensive experience. I owned that race ! 👍

Wolfe, when I get the 211 cars, I'll let you know.

Update on previous infos: the 211 cars are unlocked by now. Sorry to say, but nothing happened.

A few curiosities:

1) I'm currently at the 9th year of this extensive EL career. My "skill level" is at about 75 and my "Enthu" bar is filled with more than 1500 points.

2) My biggest win "against all odds" was with an old Nissan 1600 SSS. It was a RIII race level and IIRC, it was in Autumn Mountain (maybe the short Autumn Hill). I won with my odds at ... 26.7 !!! :D

3) The more point-rewarding race I had has given me 3840 points and it was a race with the Audi A8 4.2. It was a RS race in Loewseering. Odds at 12.8 and I got 2nd place. Not bad!

4) It is indeed a pity that the BMW 3.0 CSL has no rival in this game. I like that car and I would like to be able to have a chance to win races with it.

I'll proceed with that career (before trashing it) just until I get the litle crown all over the 12 months of the RS races calendar. I have still a few to catch.

Hun200kmh
I'll proceed with that career (before trashing it) just until I get the litle crown all over the 12 months of the RS races calendar. I have still a few to catch.

Who knows, maybe something will happen then. ;)

I am one of those that picked this up after a year and I wonder why I ever put it down. It is truly a great game. I am trying to get 100% on everything before I start all over again.
On the 21st year, 99 skill level and 195 cars, talk about a long career.
I've been in KotY about 11 or 12 times and I always end up with a car completely outclassed by one AI. So I end up second every time. Is there a car change sequence or car that would work better?
Also in the Race Car series, the first Tsukuba race gives me fits. With fully pumped 787Bs, GT Ones, McLarens, both R8s, every combo of no/full assists, auto and manual, I still get spanked every time. The other three races are easy.
Any advice will be appreciated.

ALMOST EIGHT YEARS LATER

To start off, I'm almost eight years older, duh, and I'm the only one from the veterans featured above that still uses the same username :D

Now more to the matter at hand ... as I stated in the FAQ thread, I got my hands and interest on Enthusia again.

Many things happened with my gaming since the year 2006, the year when I had totally shelved the HUGE game and HUGE letdown that was GT4, instead playing the SMALL game but HUGE surprise that was Enthusia.

In a tentative chronological order, shortly after my own "Enthusia era", I experienced open world gaming with TDU and online races with TRD3 (still using the pS2)

Later I got to the PS3, where I experienced GT5:Prologue and many other games, the most played being Ferrari Challenge, Supercar Challenge and of course GT5.

I should mention that I also ventured in PC playing, first with GTR Evo and later with iRacing, but the complexities involved with PC playing made me turn away from it. It's now a closed chapter.

To end, I had brief spells with many other PS3 games, never being fully interested in them (F1: CE/ Grid / SHIFT / TDU2 / F1 2011 / NASCAR / Ferrari Racing Legends )

Indeed in these 8 years much has changed, my perception included, so how does it feel to play Enthusia all over again?

Well ... it feels great! 👍

I started Driving Revolution to get used to the physics again, I'm stuck at an advanced level (15?) in the Cave track. Always hated that track, still do. Anyway, won't move on until I get an "S" there too.

And I started an EL career, again picking not obvious cars, in no hurry to win the KotY. I leave them as soon as I get them to level 10 (fully tuned) as I used to do back in 2006.

So far I had three class "E" cars.
- MGB
- Opel Corsa GSI
- FIAT 131 Abarth

- And I'm using a Miata now (Class "D" car).

I'm still in the first game year, driving these somewhat crappy cars, mixing them with bigger guns, doing my best in R1 races to achieve podium finishes, and guess what ... I'm in position #1 of the ranking! :D :D :D you gotta love Enthusia, the only game that rewards racing the underdogs (well, almost a decade later GT5 is doing it in some seasonals too) .

The physics, now that I have a lot more experience in games and in real life, seem a bit off in the sense that I find lift off oversteer too easy to achieve, to maintain and to modulate.

One thing I still love though and still rank Enthusia as the best game at: Braking physics. No driver in its right mind slams the brakes without the car perfectly aligned. You can feather them, but not more. In Enthusia mthe same happens. And it is still the ONLY game that recreates this.

It is indeed a great game, one that stands the test of time better than any other. I think I have - again - as in 2006 a great and long EL career ahead of me.

Pity the part of me being almost 50 nowadays :lol:

Haha. Another 50 year old playing. Man. I got so bored with GT5 that I have returned to this game. It really is a shame that they never continued with it.
I created another memory slot and fired her up again. Gotta love those gates. Nowadays I have learned to resist the urge to keep the foot planted. And Enthusia is a game appreciates it.

c) the only other "R" cars we can unlock in the roulette after a race (and I unlocked them using the Toyota) are the DTM Astra and Merc, the JGTC Nissan and NSX, and the Mclaren Race car; The other "Le Mans" cars (2 Audis, Mazda 787, Nissan 390 and Toyota GT-One) appear in the roulette, but the result is ALWAYS "no cars unlocked". Believe me, I tried to unlock them over and over again.

[...]

a) It seems that the game wants us to get a "litle crown" in every RS race to allows us to unlock all 211 cars in a EL career
I must say that this was very helpful ever since I've begun my journey to win every RS race. I spent the last two or three in-game years (with careful planning) doing exactly that and today, at last, I crowned the last one - the painful Race Car Championship #4 at the Nurburgring - and proceeded to unlock the remaining LMP race cars. It's also great reading through older threads such as these and seeing people returning to the game after a very, very long haul.

As for my own EL career, it has ''just begun''. At the moment, I'm just two weeks away from starting my 15th in-game year (14/12/03). Having it played on and off the last two years, with a few hundred hours invested into it, I've so far aquired 210 cars (the BMW CSL 3.0 being the only one missing) in EL, got 71 cars to LVL10, joined KoTY twice and winning it once (during my first year) and with very little effort reached skill level 99. Overall, there's nothing particular about my career, however, my ambition and goal is to aquire all cars and get them to LVL10. I have a long and torturous road ahead of me.

:D

Outside of Enthusia Life, I've 'S' ranked every Driving Revolution level (curse 17-4) and unlocked all cars in Free Race as well the reverse tracks.

Hopefully, once I'm done with EL, there is perhaps some sort of reward at the end. The credits (for Suzuki) seems to be hinting at a possible race car, but knowing Enthusia, it's more likely just wishful thinking from my side :lol:

So far the best car i've got is the Renault 5 Turbo. I had it completed to lvl. 10 just now. Been wanting to unlock the M3 Sport Evolution but no luck so far. Anybody got tips for me ?

So far the best car i've got is the Renault 5 Turbo. I had it completed to lvl. 10 just now. Been wanting to unlock the M3 Sport Evolution but no luck so far. Anybody got tips for me ?
Just keep on playing and try to use cars from that era to raise your chances of having the E30 as an opponent, then (by luck) unlocking it at the end of the race.

Back